inconsiderate ad posting in the classifieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
312Herps
Question inconsiderate ad posting in the classifieds

How many ads can you post in a row without it being considered too many ?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
hhmoore
No - there is no such rule, nor is there likely to be at any point in the foreseeable future. If people choose to post separate ads for each animal, they can do so. Ultimately, it is a lot more work for them, since they will have to delete and repost them regularly to keep them visible. If you don't want to put forth that kind of effort, that is your decision...but why should we level the playing field by hindering somebody's efforts to sell (as long as they are doing so according to the policies/expectations of the site)?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
hhmoore
btw - if you want to have a serious discussion of policy, or try to propose change, it won't happen in this forum.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Focal
Since you are a contributor, you can bump your ads in the classified control panel. Much easier if you didn't know about it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/classifieds.php?

Edit: Just realized I misunderstood your post!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
hhmoore
hmmmm - the question changed....fair enough, but I'm not changing my response.
To the new question - there is currently no limit on the number of ads one can post - consecutive, or otherwise.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Magical Geckos
IMO 2 or 3 ads is reasonable

Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Focal
In my opinion, it is a little irritating to see a page full ads from the same person in the same category, especially if they are for the same thing, like lets say field gear. I would personally combine into one. If I had five or more ads, I would probably stagger them out and bump them throughout the day or over the course of two or three days.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Shadera
Some folks just don't care that they're being kinda rude.

The rest of us just have to work that much harder to keep our ads visible.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
312Herps
I see , thanks for the help and opinions everyone.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Some folks just don't care that they're being kinda rude.

The rest of us just have to work that much harder to keep our ads visible.

That's the bottom line to me. I just wish the ignore function was a real ignore function so the posts didn't show up at all. The way it is the post still show up you just can't read them. I don't see much point in that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!