Snakes are dirty creatures... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #21
blackandblue_lulu
My plan is to have them stay with a friend I go to school with who had a pied ball for a while but had to get rid of it. She is very friendly and kind. She wants what's best for the reptile. So I will leave them in her hands for a month and if it doesn't look like we are moving, I'll pay her for her time and try to find somewhere else to keep them, or resell. It's all a timming issue.

The house I plan to move in has very cheap rent and is family owned. So I can manage there. Cousin has to get his butt out of the house though.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
Shadera
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but maybe you should wait until things are stable before you buy animals. There's just way too much up in the air for you right now, and if you're going to college you have to consider that as well. There's no downside at all to waiting (aside from delaying instant gratification), and plenty of reasons it might not pan out if you don't wait. How many people right now are selling because of moves and whatnot? And trust me, when you need to move something in a hurry, you're not going to get out of it what you put into it. Back out of the deal gracefully if you can, and put that money towards stabilizing your living situation. Things never seem to go as planned, and you might be saving yourself a bigger mess.

Does your mom not resent paying for your gas, while you go out and blow money on reptile supplies?

Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
blackandblue_lulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but maybe you should wait until things are stable before you buy animals. There's just way too much up in the air for you right now, and if you're going to college you have to consider that as well. There's no downside at all to waiting (aside from delaying instant gratification), and plenty of reasons it might not pan out if you don't wait. How many people right now are selling because of moves and whatnot? And trust me, when you need to move something in a hurry, you're not going to get out of it what you put into it. Back out of the deal gracefully if you can, and put that money towards stabilizing your living situation. Things never seem to go as planned, and you might be saving yourself a bigger mess.

Does your mom not resent paying for your gas, while you go out and blow money on reptile supplies?
May be she does, but it's actually not her money, it's my father's child support, and my money I earn from working is what I used to buy it.

It didn't have to be a big deal, but it became that way.

I'm cancelling the orders now.

I just hope that the kind people holding them don't feel ill hearted towards me.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandblue_lulu View Post
The stupidity of the people in this world never seizes to amaze me. I know this doesn't sound like something you would get upset over, but hey... I'm Mariah Shoaff... and this is what I care about. Art and Animals.
You have pointedly left out people as something you care about, but you are making an issue as to how people don't care sufficiently about you and everything you like.
I think your Mom probably cares about you a lot, and loves you, that doesn't mean she has to care about snakes.

Quote:

I'm cancelling the orders now.

I just hope that the kind people holding them don't feel ill hearted towards me.

Perhaps you could gift those people a small sum of money for holding the critters for you for three months. You may not have your own house yet, or your own snakes yet, but you have future dreams and a present reputation. A little sugar sprinkled on those trying to help will sweeten your future path when you someday get the living situation where you want it.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
blackandblue_lulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You have pointedly left out people as something you care about, but you are making an issue as to how people don't care sufficiently about you and everything you like.
I think your Mom probably cares about you a lot, and loves you, that doesn't mean she has to care about snakes.

Perhaps you could gift those people a small sum of money for holding the critters for you for three months. You may not have your own house yet, or your own snakes yet, but you have future dreams and a present reputation. A little sugar sprinkled on those trying to help will sweeten your future path when you someday get the living situation where you want it.
I did pay one of the people holding them already. I am probably going to pay the other guy when I visit the reptile show... It's just hard to please everyone, and myself.

So I am sorry if I came off to be selfish. It's just that time in my life.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #26
blackandblue_lulu
Could some one delete this thread? Or know how?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #27
blackandblue_lulu
I really wanted to do this right. See you guys in a year.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
Lucille
Quote:

So I am sorry if I came off to be selfish. It's just that time in my life.
I do not think you are selfish at all. I think you have a lot on your plate and that you really wanted those snakes. I'm hoping that soon, things fall into place for you and you can have snakes and a place of your own to keep them.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
blackandblue_lulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I do not think you are selfish at all. I think you have a lot on your plate and that you really wanted those snakes. I'm hoping that soon, things fall into place for you and you can have snakes and a place of your own to keep them.
Thank you! I hope everyone has a better week or day, If they are having a bad one.

"This, Too, Shall pass." Is one I use some times.

Thanks again everyone! It's good to know there are people who support me somewhere.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #30
rcarichter
We're very supportive of you. We've all walked in your shoes, and some of us still are. But us old fogeys won't lie just to tell you want you want to hear. We've all been at the startup of a business, and speaking for myself, there are a whole lot of things I wish I knew then, like all the 'what if's. What if the first two die? What if they don't like each other? What if the eggs are infertile? More importantly, what if they are fertile, and I can only sell about 1/4 of them. I have plenty of room and money for 2 snakes, but what about next year when it's 20?
That doesn't mean you have leave the forum. Stick around, make friends, ask questions, help others, and watch how people do good business and bad business. You'll be that much more prepared when you are ready.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!