People and their auctions prices - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Angry People and their auctions prices

I have to say that some of the people using the auctions section are just plain crazy. There are several snakes up or were up for auction and the starting price is what they are selling for on any site. Why is this?? Greed or trying to catch someone out there ? Come on people,300 $ for a starting price on a $300 snake is just plain stupid. Why are they using the auction section when they are selling ?? Something needs to be put in place for starting bids so these people wont be jamming up the auction section with their full selling price.
There has been 3 snakes i wanted to bid on but were full price ,who would do this and who would want to buy from a person who is like that? Not me.
Thanks,just wanted to vent,not sure too many people read in here though.

Come on people,offer real bidding and also,why post a starting price of $200 when your Reserve is $1000 and you even posted it??

Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
Just offer what you want to pay and don't worry about it. Sorry, but there is no way to programmatically FORCE people to put in stating prices that would make everyone happy.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
JCCS
If you want one and can get one on the classifieds for the same price, go do it. That post just sounds like whining about not getting what you consider to be a good deal on a snake. If people deem their prices to be out of order, they won't bid. If someone feels the snake is worth more than their opening bid, they'll bid. It's that simple.

Chris

Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Metachrosis
Say NO to Clovers!!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
If you want one and can get one on the classifieds for the same price, go do it. That post just sounds like whining about not getting what you consider to be a good deal on a snake. If people deem their prices to be out of order, they won't bid. If someone feels the snake is worth more than their opening bid, they'll bid. It's that simple.

Chris

I'm not whinging trouble maker. Why dont you buzz off Chris. I'm tired of your saying crap because your so called friend lied to me and your his "Good"buddy.
Just seeing some observations and posted.
Ill be in Raleigh soon and maybe should should talk a bit in person.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
JCCS
Ok Rich, this probably isn't the place for this, but I'll reply to some of your concerns. What you asked of Al has nothing to do with what I think of you, it just influenced my decision to interact with you on a professional basis. What I think of you personally was influenced by some posts you made directed toward moderators long before that. Those posts combined with your contributions on the boa forum have painted you in a certain light in my eyes.

That being said, those feelings didn't contribute significantly to my post here, I just called it as it lay, so to speak. As far as buzzing off, I've been in the boa world long before you and will in all likelihood be here long after you as well.

I'm not going to dignify your chest-puffing quasi-threat with a response.

Have a good day, Chris

Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
I'm not whinging....
That's definitely not how it comes across, to me, at least. If the opening bid doesn't allow you the possibility of getting the deal that you're looking for, don't bid.

There's nothing stopping you from sending a PM with what you believe is a reasonable offer. If sellers have unrealistic expectations of what their snakes should sell for, buyers will be quick to vote with their dollars, by withholding them. Either way, you've lost nothing more than the time it took to read a listing or send a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Ill be in Raleigh soon and maybe should should talk a bit in person
Surely, that's not a thinly veiled threat? It'd be a shame if potential buyers decided that violence is your idea of effective conflict resolution, and that any issues they may have with you would be met with similar threats.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
Focal
You are going to end up with ty stock if you shop like that

Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
It comes down to how people are thinking and treating others. I can buy most anything i want on here. I thought auctions were to have bidding and get something you want. I dont care that they cost whatever they cost. but starting out with bidding at $200 then stating it wont go for less then $2000. Why start the bidding at $200. Really ? Also,why have bids starting at prices that are normal pricing on here from the good breeders? Thats sounds kinda retarded to me. But i only graduated high school so what do i know and feel?
I honestly dont get it.

Chris, I'm not chest puffing ,as you put it I'm sorry I dont like to be talked to in certain ways and react to it. I didnt grow up in a tiny town or the country.And you have to be honest,you talk down to people yourself and its ok. Right?

Nick
Not sure what you mean you'll end up with bad stock Nick. But going to an auction can lead to bad stock too. I have been building all good stock and getting from good breeders with good reps. I'm having fun,getting some great stuff and meeting good people along the way. And that what this is all about to me. Fun and making the best sunglows i can.

Its a shame on the way a lot of us act on here sometimes. Sometimes its like a soap opera and its always the same people. Some good and some smart alecs who thrive on "getting things going" . I think this site is great in a lot of ways,but i see faults too.like everything in life,nothing is perfect. Stating my opinion gets statements like from Chris.
That was just plain rude and imo,being a jerk. As stated,if i want it i will buy it like all the others do. Or bid. My statement has nothing to do with the Bee if your thinking that. Bee's are cheap. There are statements of the starting bids on the ads also.
I love opinions and we all have them. I'm not out to start anything,just wanted to give my little opinion on what i seen that was just ,well,dumb.

Rich,i know there is no way and i really dont expect that. It was more just a open thought too some weird starting prices and some with such high reserves.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
WebSlave
Warning: If this thread becomes a personal pissing match or otherwise something not appropriate for this particular forum, some people are going to wind up getting infractions in a hurry. So a word to the wise.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!