Are my eggs still good? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
mikepanzarella
my female just doubled up on me they can retain the sperm from the male for a long time
she spent one week with the male laid after a month (last time she was with a male) then laid another clutch 3 weeks later just make sure you keep her fed and hydrated
ive heard of females laying up to 4 clutches from only the one pairing (not by me one of the old threads)

Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Lizardman87
Yea that is how many my female laid. 1st was 23, 2nd was 27, 3rd was 29 with 2 duds, 4th was 29 with 5 duds. Time between 1st and 2nd was 13 days, time between 2nd and 3rd was 16 days, and time between 3rd and 4th was 18 days. She actually started forming more andhas been popping out slugs for the past couple days, now for a total of seven. Majority of them yesterday. She didnt even dig. She was just letting them out like she was going to the bathroom one at a time in at least hour spaced intervals but usually longer. So technically she had a fifth but none were good. I am hoping that is a sign of her telling me that she is done, because I have 101 eggs in the incubator right now. Thats why I said I had absolutely no more room in there. I have improvised 4 different times now lol to make extra room. Not the best improvisations obviously but the best I could do with what I had available. All those eggs came from one mating that occurred when I had walked out of the room and he got ahold of her. He was on top of her when i came back in but was not connected, just had a good bite on her spikes on the back of her head. I tried to get him off but he was not letting go his death grip so I had to wait until he opened his mouth. Didnt think he got her but next thing you know a month later I saw all kinds of lumps in her belly. I had the intentions on that happening but I guess he just could not wait any longer lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!