Good Guy RodentPro - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #21
Suncoast Herpetological
While I have been out of the reptile business for a couple of years, I used to spend 12 to 15 thousand a year with Rodentpro for over 10 years. On the rare occasion there was a problem, it was always addressed quickly and professionally.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianedward1 View Post
I know who your supplier is Steve! I use the exact same one and it is the only one I will ever use again.
Who is it ? They look like they have nice rodents and would like to try them.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #23
kevinscaesar
Rodent Pro

I have nothing but the highest praise for these guys! great product,always on time with my delivery and customer service! you would be VERY hard pressed to find anyone of their caliber!

Old 07-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #24
RaceSanchez
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
This is what the orders look like from my current supplier.
After 12 years of RP, I dropped them. The disease was the final straw.
I was getting tired of it being a crap shoot. I would get piss covered rodents, broken rodents, crap covered rodents, substrate mixed in the bags with them, and some stunk so bad after being thawed I tossed them.
I get spotless clean rodents now.
That's what I mean by quality. RP does not have the same quality. Do I pay more? Yes. But I have no problem paying more when I see the night and day difference in the order.
Clean in deed..........

I use them as well, but just started using a new supplier from with in my state.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 07:23 AM   #25
JimM
I've used RP for about 15 years now and except for smaller sizes than expected sometimes, I was always happy with their service and quality. Never received dirty rodents like some reported.

They did bug me yesterday, however. They sent out e-mails advising that to avoid delays due to Thanksgiving, to get them in before Monday the 16th. I did so but received their order confirmation saying to expect delivery around Dec 4th. that the order will be shipped out Nov 30th ! WTF ??

If a three week wait isn't a 'delay' , what is ?? I can't help but think the e-mails of 'order now to avoid a delay' was just to get as many orders in quickly as possible.

Other than this little gripe , I have no other complaints with them in 15 years ...

Old 11-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #26
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
I've used RP for about 15 years now and except for smaller sizes than expected sometimes, I was always happy with their service and quality. Never received dirty rodents like some reported.
I had similar problems on size, I received a shipment with ex large that were no bigger than the large. I called them and questioned this, they right away gave me a credit of difference in price, apologised and made a note in my files that when I ordered ex large to make sure they were on the top end of the size range
Since that day all my ex large have truly been ex large, so as far as customer service goes I still have no complaints.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #27
ophidia
I just received my first order from RodentPro- 20 small rats, 30 medium, and 50 adult mice. The size of the rodents in the bags are so uniform they almost look like clones. They were still solidly frozen and a great deal of dry ice was still intact. The packing was excellent. I will absolutely order from them again, and I actually joined this forum just to post a review .

--Chris

Old 11-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #28
EL-Ziggy
No more RP for me. I tried them a few times and the cleanliness of the feeders left a lot to be desired IMO. I'm very happy with my current supplier who matches RP on pricing and beats them soundly on packaging and feeder quality.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #29
reptileexperts
I've used RP since 2007 on and off for my needs. I try other sources when prices are competitive, I have had my ups and downs with them from both sides of the reporting fences. I have opened extremely off smelling rodents that I had to trash (XXXL Rats to be exact). I have opened their mice to be amazed at the cleanliness. I have had major issues with sizing where I ordered ~ 150 large, and received, what was in my opinion, Mediums - However, if I recall correctly, they gave me the 150 free or reduced the cost to medium rates - either way, I remember they remedied it and put a note in my account as well about sizes. My very next order of 150 large rats were on the very edge of being XL.

However, in light of recent months, I too have changed to the same provider that those have posted above (assuming), their packaging is phenomenal, prices competitive, and shipping beats rodent pro by offering a tiered shipping price versus box rates.

FOR The most part. I have been happy, and I would give rodent pro the goahead for those wanted an opinion of someone else. However, I will add to price around because other companies may be more localized, and end up becoming a better deal

Old 12-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #30
Milo Garcia
Can anyone tell me who this other rodent supplier is? A few of you mention it but don't give a name? Feel free to text me at the # listed below or just send me a PM on here. Thanks for your time.

Milo Garcia
956-463-0563

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!