Bad Guy Alex Smith - lexxxx30 - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #31
bigcountry
That should read:

"There was some pus abscesses on both snakes gums and the male has RI."

Old 11-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #32
Mooing Tricycle
Shaking my head. Has enough time to dedicate to his wolfdog mixes but not enough to care for his snakes. For having such beautiful animals, you'd think he'd take care of them and keep them pristine?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #33
RaceSanchez
Office visit 44bucks is not too bad. 133 out the door for a solid base line is well worth it.

Hope to hear Alex thoughts on this or pick up that tab...!!

M.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #34
bigcountry
Another update.

I have filed a paypal dispute. Alex/The Seller stated in the dispute that he would take the snakes back and refund my money, but I do not think that is the best situation.

1. They are still not 100% healthy and I do not feel comfortable shipping them back to him.
2. He didn't take care of them properly to begin with, so I do not feel comfortable shipping them back to his potential death care.
3. I have invested $135 to get them healthy so I would be out that.
4. It would prob cost approx $200 to ship them back properly.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #35
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
Another update.

I have filed a paypal dispute. Alex/The Seller stated in the dispute that he would take the snakes back and refund my money, but I do not think that is the best situation.

1. They are still not 100% healthy and I do not feel comfortable shipping them back to him.
2. He didn't take care of them properly to begin with, so I do not feel comfortable shipping them back to his potential death care.
3. I have invested $135 to get them healthy so I would be out that.
4. It would prob cost approx $200 to ship them back properly.
Unfortunately as he has offered a complete refund if you return them, that will be all Paypal will care about, they will have little interest in the animals well being at all.
When you refuse to ship back( possibly) they will then, more than likely , just find in Alex behalf.
Pretty sure even if you point out the costs involved in shipping correctly and your out of pocket vets bills they will not be interested.
I am pretty sure the snakes are in much more capable hands now, just a real shame it had to go this way
Good luck!

Old 11-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #36
prex
I have to agree with the above. PayPal won't refund the money if a product isn't returned to the seller. None of us like calling animals products, but that's what they are from a business standpoint.

If you are going to keep the animals, the appropriate thing to do would be for Alex Smith to reimburse you for the cost of the exams and medication. Because I doubt that he would do this, your choice to keep the snakes would be the route to cost you the least money and give them the best chance.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #37
Technosteve
Seems OK

For what it is worth, I received my Jungle Carpet Python from Alex this morning. He shipped yesterday, I received today at about 10am, via FedEx express. Snake came out of the box feisty and relatively unstressed (just how I like this species!). Packaging seemed to do the job, however perhaps spending $5 on a proper insulated box wouldn't hurt.

I'm completely happy with the purchase, and the snake seems really healthy. No signs of RI, mites, etc - looks just like his photos.

Anyway, Alex delivered what he promised to me.

Steve

Old 11-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #38
bigcountry
Technosteve, maybe you got an animal that he was just flipping and wasn't in his care long enough to get sick. I dunno.

But what I do know is that PayPal sided with me and they are refunding the cost of the vet bill.

I will post more later.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #39
Mooing Tricycle
So he co sistently ships animals in improper boxes even regqrding this thread? Oh yes, lers praise the seller... Sigh

Old 11-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #40
RaceSanchez
^ ???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!