Info Need some advice on a situation involving Alea Rodriguez. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #61
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sociopath View Post
I'm saying Elexis took them in on a short term basis, here we are a year later almost and the girl has told her to send them back and also to keep them and its all over fb admin drama because Elexis wouldn't get involved in it. Honestly she pretty much HAS abandoned those reptiles, and doesn't seem fit in any way to even take them back currently. You want to add me to a "Do not deal with" list over stating my opinion? Go right ahead! My reputation in the reptile community is stellar, and I'm sure you adding me to your personal blacklist won't affect my buying or selling in any way shape or form as I already have set breeders I deal with, and my reputation is superb. I've never done a single thing bad for the safety of animals, or selling. I also wouldn't agree to take on someones animals for almost a year, there would be a set timeframe. That's pretty much adoption at this point.
So you are walking back the " because in the eyes of the LAW you have legally ABANDONED these animals a long time ago" statement. And although I do not buy or sell reptiles any more, yes, stating your opinion that it is ok to steal something belonging to someone else will get you on a lot of peoples lists.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #62
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
So you are walking back the " because in the eyes of the LAW you have legally ABANDONED these animals a long time ago" statement. And although I do not buy or sell reptiles any more, yes, stating your opinion that it is ok to steal something belonging to someone else will get you on a lot of peoples lists.
No one is talking about stealing. You want to think I'm trying to keep them yet I've stated many times I DON'T WANT THEM. That I WON'T sell because she wants them back. I wanted clarification because that message was basically her saying go a head and keep them. So sorry I wanted advice and clarification, then she turned it into a pissing match and even lied a couple times to try to make it look worse on me.

It's easy to judge from the outside until you are the one treated so poorly for NO REASON and threatened FOR NO REASON when you have been doing someone a huge favor so they didn't have to sell their animals and know they were taken care of till she could get them back. I even tried to get her to take back the smaller ones months ago to help lighten the load and because she said she had tanks for them BUT filled them with other animals and used the "we might be moving soon and don't want to stress them too much" excuse to leave them in my care. But I sat back and let it roll because she was someone I considered a best friend. This was the last straw for me.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #63
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herps Alive! View Post
Forgot that the owner had moved North. Still easy enough to safely ship the animals in the current temps. Elexis contact me if you need help with that or work with someone like SYR. They will expedite.
Actually I was going to suggest that Elexis find an experienced shipper local to her to help her get the snakes sent out. So far she hasn't said anything about the snakes's ages and sizes, just that they are balls and boas, and apparently one of the male boas is old and large enough for breeding.

Given the weather and holiday craziness this time of year I can understand her reticence with shipping now... and crazily enough, the only thing that she and the owner do agree on at the moment is that the snakes shouldn't be shipped until next spring.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #64
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
No one is talking about stealing. You want to think I'm trying to keep them yet I've stated many times I DON'T WANT THEM. That I WON'T sell because she wants them back. I wanted clarification because that message was basically her saying go a head and keep them. So sorry I wanted advice and clarification, then she turned it into a pissing match and even lied a couple times to try to make it look worse on me.

It's easy to judge from the outside until you are the one treated so poorly for NO REASON and threatened FOR NO REASON when you have been doing someone a huge favor so they didn't have to sell their animals and know they were taken care of till she could get them back. I even tried to get her to take back the smaller ones months ago to help lighten the load and because she said she had tanks for them BUT filled them with other animals and used the "we might be moving soon and don't want to stress them too much" excuse to leave them in my care. But I sat back and let it roll because she was someone I considered a best friend. This was the last straw for me.
I think stealing was brought up when Sociopath wrote "Personally, if I was Elexis, I'd just block your dramatic ass and be done with it all, because in the eyes of the LAW you have legally ABANDONED these animals a long time ago". Threatening, or advocating to take something that is not yours under false legal pretenses is certainly stealing. You din't say it Elexis, but Sociopath certainly did.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #65
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Actually I was going to suggest that Elexis find an experienced shipper local to her to help her get the snakes sent out. So far she hasn't said anything about the snakes's ages and sizes, just that they are balls and boas, and apparently one of the male boas is old and large enough for breeding.

Given the weather and holiday craziness this time of year I can understand her reticence with shipping now... and crazily enough, the only thing that she and the owner do agree on at the moment is that the snakes shouldn't be shipped until next spring.
The balls are what she took in. I have of hers a Brazilian rainbow boa male 2013 I believe, a male 2013 carpet python and 2013 female irina jaya both seem very small for their age, 2013 female dumerils boa, 2012 tiny female hypo boa, and a 2012 or 2011 bcc/bci male boa.

I wanted her to take the carpets and the tiny hypo back during the spring or summer but she wouldn't and filled those cages.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #66
sociopath
Quote:

Abandonment is stealing? Yeah ok buddy. Nice world you live in, do they sell tickets to this fairytale land? How is she trying to steal them when I've seen her state atleast 10x she has no issues giving them back? Also, now is neglect even justifiable??? You act like the other girl in question hasn't flat out said she should have just sold them, ect. SHE CLEARLY CARES ABOUT THEIR WELLBEING, shown by such statements and essentially abandoning them for almost a year. Debating this with you is quickly becoming the same as spitting into the wind. I've stated my opinion, I'm not going to debate it any more with you just because you disagree, go play with your ball pythons or something.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #67
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sociopath View Post
Abandonment is stealing? Yeah ok buddy. Nice world you live in, do they sell tickets to this fairytale land? How is she trying to steal them when I've seen her state atleast 10x she has no issues giving them back? Also, now is neglect even justifiable??? You act like the other girl in question hasn't flat out said she should have just sold them, ect. SHE CLEARLY CARES ABOUT THEIR WELLBEING, shown by such statements and essentially abandoning them for almost a year. Debating this with you is quickly becoming the same as spitting into the wind. I've stated my opinion, I'm not going to debate it any more with you just because you disagree, go play with your ball pythons or something.
You suggested that she keep the snakes as they had been abandoned. You even said that was legal. It isn't. I do not mind debating YOU, pretty easy actually. And if she is so hot to give them back, why does she keep asking if they have been relinquished by the other persons actions. I am certainly not holding up for the other party, she however has had no one jump to her aid while spouting ridiculous legal reasoning.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #68
snowgyre
I suggest we all stop posting on here until a week or so goes by and cools some tempers. This is rapidly turning into an opinion free-for-all when in reality, Elexis and Alea need to come to an agreement on their own.

Overnight shipping temperatures are below freezing. Although I have successfully shipped animals at that temperature, I completely understand the reluctance to do so. This combined with the holiday shipping traffic, I could not recommend returning the animals right now.

Ownership is quite clear: Elexis doesn't want the animals and Alea wants them back. Neither party seems to think it's a good idea to ship right now, which is fine. Elexis, because you volunteered to take care of the animals up to this point, it is not reasonable to expect payment for your efforts unless Alea volunteers to pay that debt. However, it is reasonable to expect payment from the termination of your agreement (aka now) until the snakes can be safely shipped.

I suggest Elexis and Alea settle on a reasonable shipping window during the spring and come to an agreement about the cost of care for the animals until then. Once these decisions have been made, then we can revisit this thread. Until then, the back and forth is not really useful.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #69
ElexisC
Quote:
You suggested that she keep the snakes as they had been abandoned. You even said that was legal. It isn't. I do not mind debating YOU, pretty easy actually. And if she is so hot to give them back, why does she keep asking if they have been relinquished by the other persons actions. I am certainly not holding up for the other party, she however has had no one jump to her aid while spouting ridiculous legal reasoning.
If you noticed I let that go, I'm not asking about that anymore, so you can stop insinuating that I am, I wanted clarification so I could go from there. Now drop it I DON'T WANT THE SNAKES!!!!!

Old 12-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #70
sociopath
Quote:
I'm sure you don't mind debating me, your post history is nothing but negaive comments and arguments in BOI's. Nice life man.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!