Paying for hell??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
nicolai
Paying for hell???

Allright I see that hell is now a "pay For" option. Well i also see it says "linked to classified". i searched the classifieds for the payment link, also looked in the hell forum, looked everywhere. Where do i pay my 10.00 to subscribe to hell??? please help i am going through withdrawl!!

Old 10-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Does this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
My inclination was to just delete the HELL forum completely, but several people have commented where they somehow found the nature of HELL to be much to their liking. As such, they have requested that it be an optionally accessible forum for a fee to anyone really interested in being in that sort of environment. At first, I was going to just reject this proposal out of hand and be done with it, but at second thought I figured, "heck, why not?" Some people value entertainment over most everything, so perhaps that is what people wish in the HELL forum. It's not my cup of tea, but I guess I shouldn't judge everything by my own personal yardstick.

The HELL forum is now set up (if I did it correctly) where none of the threads are visible to anyone at all. In order to gain access, a member must do a paid subscription plan in order to become a member of the member group which has full access to that forum. By "full access" I mean that all read and write capabilities, including starting a new thread, replying to threads, posting polls, etc. are completely enabled to that membership. NO ONE ELSE CAN EVEN READ THOSE THREADS NOR POSTS WITHIN THAT FORUM ANY LONGER.

This way I can truly enforce who goes in there and who does not. By paying the membership fee, someone explicitly desires to go into that environment, and is solely responsible for their own decision to do so. Personally, I really don't want it accessible to anyone who doesn't specifically desire strongly to be there. If someone wants to pay the fee ($10 per year) for what they can do in HELL, then have at it. The moderators will be put on notice that the HELL forum is to be COMPLETELY unmoderated. My recommendation would be for them to not even go there, much less participate, as it has proven in the past to not be a very nice place to visit.

So, nicolai, you have gotten what you have asked for, I think. If this flops and no one is willing to pay for access, then I will feel that I have done the best I can do, and will consider the HELL forum as dead and buried. There is no other option I am willing to consider at this point for the final disposition of that particular forum.

As in the other paid memberships, you can access it through the Paid Subscription options in your User CP drop down menu. It will be Option G

May the force be with you in there..........

Old 10-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #3
Hurley
Click User CP --> Paid Subscriptions --> Option G.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
nicolai
thanks guys!!!!!

Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
WebSlave
Oops!

The reason you see "Linked to classifieds" is because that is the generic message displayed when there are no threads visible in the forum. Such as where a forum is actually an active link to another section of this site. When I set up the links to the classifieds section ALL of those links said something like "no threads posted" which made it look to a casual observer that there were NO classified ads posted anywhere at all. So I "fixed" it. With the usual unintended consequences........

Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #6
nicolai
gee thanks Rich , I searched the classifieads for a hour and a half and all the time I was on a "SNIPE" hunt. Now I feel like ashton cusher is going to run up behind me and say " you have just been punk'd !"

P.S. Was I the first Member of the New Hell???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!