5-foot lizards are eating Florida's cats - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:52 AM   #11
ShawneeAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
What makes it so "horrid" to you? I've been here for about 24 years and like it just fine.
Well, I have had psoriasis for almost 10 years now, and when I was younger my mother would force me to sit outside in the sun for hours in an attempt to get rid of it. That probably helped in my hatred of the sun.. Also, I can't sweat where I have psoriasis, so I get over-heated easily.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #12
EastCoastArboreals
So 1 invasive species eating another invasive species. I fail to see a problem here. And I'm not joking.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #13
sschind
I wonder how there are any cats left for the monitors to eat. I thought the pythons got them all.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #14
Thunderheart
Uhh, cats are non natives as well!! I own two cats and they have NEVER been outdoors which is how it should be. I have a dog as well and when feral cats come on my property, they are gently persuaded to leave the premises! lol. I will trap ferals if they hang around my property because I don't want my dog to get anything from them. As a retired veterinary technician I know all the dangers that feral cats impose and I for one will kill a feral cat to protect my dog. NYS D.E.C actually considers them "wildlife" yet they don't do shit about the feral cat problem. Feral cats are the cause for our extremely high tick population because they kill so many ground birds and the ground birds eat ticks. Feral cats = no ground birds, no ground birds = high amounts of disease carrying ticks, period, end of story.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!