I need my profile deleted ASAP please. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There's nothing wrong with spending hard earned cash on an attorney though
True, when it's needed. Otherwise I'd rather buy boas and ball pythons.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Ok OP here's your chance to get educated in exactly how forum postings work, and how a lawsuit against FC will go, without spending your hard-earned cash on an attorney.

There's a company out there called TacticalRifles.net that builds precision rifles. There's a forum called SnipersHide.net where people discuss long-range shooting. Someone posted a bad product review on the forum and now it's owner is getting sued.

So, you get to watch in real time (months) as the drama unfolds, attorney fees rack up, discovery progresses, etc. It should be rather educational, especially since word of the lawsuit is spreading rather quickly through the precision rifle community, so I expect TR's sales to drop off rather precipitously in the coming months.

Anyhow, if you want the backstory: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/159...ipersHide.html
Quite interesting.... I loved the reference to the Streisand Effect mentioned -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Old 02-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
Chiappini92
I'm not threatening to bring anyone to court.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiappini92 View Post
I'm not threatening to bring anyone to court.
You can't get a court order to have your profile removed without filing a lawsuit, and then you would have to state in your complaint the legal reason(s) your profile should be deleted. "Because I trashed my reputation" doesn't count.

Here's the really fun part: even on the outside chance you did win, most of what is submitted to a court as part of a lawsuit is also public record. This would include screen shots of all your posts here as part of the discovery process. So, anyone looking for background information on you will find it, and probably more quickly through the court system database search engines than through this site or even Google will.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
Chiappini92
"Meltdown" seriously? As if I actually raged back there. This is exactly why I don't screw around with communities anymore.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
JColt
Unless your real savvy with law you will need a lawyer.

Now, between this guy and a couple of the boi posts I think we can call 2014 the year of the psychotic.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Unless your real savvy with law you will need a lawyer.

Now, between this guy and a couple of the boi posts I think we can call 2014 the year of the psychotic.
Ahem, as I said in another thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sheesh.... Every day is a new adventure around here.....

Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #8
sschind
Them there court order things sound pretty neat. They can get you all kinds of things. I think I'll run down to the court house on Monday and get a me a few. They might come in handy some day. Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get em?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #9
Magic
Michael,

I hope this is a well learned lesson.

And for the record, requiring people's names and locations actually cuts down (or does it? Full moon!) on the trolling and the ridiculous stuff.

Because, who wants their name associated with crazy profane things? Especially with the power of google!

If you're wanting this taken down because of a potential job or even a probation officer review or something like that?? I suggest instead of making demands that you simply try and apologize and start acting right. Be a good person and you'll go far.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #10
Mistyck
Keeps you on your toes Rich.