slow eater - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
mikepanzarella
slow eater

ive had this dragon for about 2 weeks she does not eat much wont touch her greens and crickets/dubais when offered if she does very few
the guy who had her before me fed her the can o crickets and can o worms
no sings of any greens
i keep my tanks around 98 but i raised it with her trying to get her to eat but still very slow to none she also doesnt move around too much she just likes to lay down most of the day she get active when i take her out
the only good thing is she hasnt lost any weight when i got her she was 280grams shes 282grams as of last night ive tryed horned worm,crickets,dubais
is there anyway i can get her to eat more and be more active i have 10 other dragons that are all aggressive eaters and are very active the other female i got from the same guy is doing fine she eats everything i put in front of her shes gained weight i got her around 320grams shes 332grams now
any help would be great
thanks again guys
mike
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
CarolinaClassicDragons
Are you sure she is indeed a "she"? Regardless, she may be trying to brumate. Soak her to make sure she is staying hydrated. If you can get a fecal, get it tested.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
mikepanzarella
yeah shes def a she i just read up on brumation but im still going to get her stool tested its been about 2 weeks so far and shes hasnt lost any weight i soak all my dragons every week guess i just give her an extra one each week make sure she stays hydrated
thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!