Valentine's Day - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
Lucille
Valentine's Day

I LOVE this idea:

Zoo will name a rat after your ex, feed it to a snake on Valentine's Day

The San Antonio Zoo in Texas said it will name a rat after your ex and feed it to a snake on Feb. 14. The zoo is charging $25 for this service, but there's a cheaper alternative that's just as spiteful.

For only $5, you can name a cockroach after your ex, and the zoo will feed it to a bird or another animal.

Even if you (or your exes) don't live in Texas, you can still participate in this "feeding frenzy" because the zoo will be live-streaming the event on Facebook.

You must submit the first name of your ex on the zoo's website by Feb. 13.

To submit a name or learn more about the event, click here. You may also visit the zoo's official Facebook page here.

https://sazoo.org/valentine/?fbclid=...KKwDFqU-WyOu_8

Old 02-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
Jonathan P
Absolutely hysterical. Love the idea.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
Socratic Monologue
Brilliant! They will be raking in the money -- this is a much needed service, I think.

I imagine that a fair number of people will be donating in honor of someone who is not (yet) their ex...

Old 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
Lucille
I still remember from many years ago sending a boss I didn't much care for a dozen dead roses in a black box with black tissue paper (there was an actual company that did this) it was funny.
I did spring for a roach because it is such a great idea. If I find any of my exes paid for a rat for me I'll up my donation.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
bcr229
I'll do this year-round...

Old 02-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #6
WebSlave
Hmm, I don't have any ex-wives. I picked the right one as my first choice.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #7
Herpin Man
How is the ex notified of this donation?
It seems pointless otherwise.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:53 PM   #8
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
How is the ex notified of this donation?
It seems pointless otherwise.
The actual event is live-streamed and/or available on Youtube afterward. So... send an email?

Old 02-09-2020, 05:58 PM   #9
Herpin Man
Hmmm. This could be interesting.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
This is clever. I have no ill feelings about women in my past relationships, but with the frequency of less than amicable dissolution of partnerships, this provides a meal to the animal that would need it (even if it would get the meal anyway), some funding to the institution (even if they were not lacking), and some cathartic effect for the payer. It is a good idea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!