Bad Guy Brentwood Iguana-Unhealthy Stock + Deceptive Transaction - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #11
nickolasanastasiou
Sitting in a box over the weekend stripped that tail of its energy stores? Really?

Old 10-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
Brentwood Iguanas
Hets are very easy to care for and tough. They eat everything and do well in the sun. They where as healthy as they get when I sent them. Pics where posted on my instagram of them. Stop trying to attack me personally by saying I do this just for the money. That's silly.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #13
Brentwood Iguanas
Of course I sent it over night, there was a mix up and I took responsibility for it. You could have sent the package back for a refund. I offered a full refund and you decided to accept a partial $400 refund instead and you keep the iguanas. That's the deal you agreed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baue6879 View Post
Nobody said you’re a scammer- you just send unhealthy iguanas to people and you don’t care about them nor properly care for them. FedEx tells you both at the kiosk and on form you filled out to ship them for overnight to choose Saturday shipping for an additional fee. They make you aware of it when the shipment will arrive and when you sent me the tracking # it was clear that the arrival was Monday. I called Fedex and they said you did not choose Saturday morning shipping. I have a text message from you admitting you made the mistake if you want me to share that. The issue isn’t the human mistake you made it’s you not taking care of a living animal or ensuring the make it to where they are going and when they are getting there. All this was to you was $$$. You are in the wrong business if you are only concerned with $. You give the hobby a bad name and I hope you don’t succeed in this business venture because you are doing it for the wrong reasons. This is a rewarding hobby not a business. If you make money on this it should be a bonus. I did not send these back to you because I knew you’d just flip them to the next person who fell for your ad. They needed to be treated and I did a great job with bringing all but 1 back from starvation. Get your facts straight and please get out of this business if you don’t want to properly take care of the iguanas you buy from reputable breeders. That is all I will say PM me if you want to argue more.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood Iguanas View Post
They where as healthy as they get when I sent them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baue6879 View Post
They all appeared to be extremely malnourished with little-to-no fat reserves in their tails. One red het had a broken ankle; (Pictured) nearly all of them had at least one broken toes and infections; the male crimson had lacerations to the face and leg and had an infected front finger that seemed to be infected for weeks-months before the shipments, both crimson females had what seemed to be chronic skin issues that looked like a fungus.(pictured) The only iguana that appeared mildly healthy was the 2015 100% het female, but she was still extremely skinny.
The pictured animals don't seem very healthy. I don't think critters get broken toes from sitting in a box.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #15
tlmoon
There's no way they got sick and skinny in 2 days....you keep saying that he got $400 back, as if that makes it all ok. If the animals aren't cared for properly, giving a partial refund does not mean it's ok to sell them that way.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:31 AM   #16
LauraB
The majority have spoken, and I would agree. Buyers beware Brentwood Iguanas and Nicholas D. Rahban.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:42 AM   #17
Brentwood Iguanas
Friday to Monday is 3 days in a box. And he should have just sent them back for a refund after the shipping mishap like I offered.

e.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
There's no way they got sick and skinny in 2 days....you keep saying that he got $400 back, as if that makes it all ok. If the animals aren't cared for properly, giving a partial refund does not mean it's ok to sell them that way.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:19 AM   #18
Brentwood Iguanas
I sold over 50 iguanas last year. Most costumers where happy. The ones that weren't got refunds. Nobody bats 100%. Not even TY Park or Tom. But this guy is over exaggerating the defects and is just trying to hurt my reputation and slander me. I gave him the option of a refund which he turned down and opted for cash back.

He pressured me and threatened to do a charge back if I didn't get them shipped out that Friday. He told me he was going out of town the following week. In his post he posted today he even says that he was nervous about sending me money and upset they didn't go out the next day. Well funds needed to clear.
I made the mistake of giving into his pressure and listening to him and sent them on a Friday. If he let me send them on Monday none of this would have happened. He knows everything I'm saying is the truth. I took responsibly for the 3 day shipping ordeal regardless but It's no my fault he refused the refund offer and opted for the $400 cash back instead. There's two sides to every story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
The majority have spoken, and I would agree. Buyers beware Brentwood Iguanas and Nicholas D. Rahban.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:55 AM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood Iguanas View Post
just trying to hurt my reputation
If those critters were shipped to your customer with broken toes, skin issues, and malnourished, you hurt your own reputation. And I do not believe that they got that way after sitting in a box for a couple days.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #20
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If those critters were shipped to your customer with broken toes, skin issues, and malnourished, you hurt your own reputation. And I do not believe that they got that way after sitting in a box for a couple days.
This. These animals did not miraculously degrade to the state pictured because they sat in a box for 3 days, sorry. Even if the buyer insisted on a specific ship date, it is YOUR responsibility to safeguard the safety of what you're sending. Could've taken the chargeback, posted about him being a crappy buyer, and then sold them to someone else. It's great that you offer refunds when people aren't happy, and yes it's hard to please everyone, but it doesn't excuse shipping stuff like that. Buck passing at it's finest.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!