Tanith Tyrr--Ms TT - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
Hammer
Tanith Tyrr--Ms TT

I believe I talked to you several months ago regarding my Atheris Chlorechis not eating and you spent a very long time educating me in the proper care and treatment of the species. That was back in February. Anyway, just as an update, they still haven't eaten, but...with frequent hydration (soaking for an hour every Saturday) they have actually filled out and are showing more activity than before. I have reduced the misting (I use to mist twice a day, now 2-3 times a week) and only use a black light, keeping them in a warm, but not bright enclosure.

I have refrained from force feeding only because they appear full and far from lethargic that I'm afraid of harming them. I'm still concerned, but not concerned enough to begin force feeding.

Thanks for all the help, on and off the boards...

Old 05-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
snakegetters
At three months after import it might be time to start thinking about an assist feeding. But first try repeated tease feeding - offer the pink in front of the face, then spray with water and/or tail pinch with another pair of forceps.

You may also want to research ideal temperature and humidity and housing setups for this species, and change your setup if they are still not voluntarily feeding.

Old 05-25-2004, 06:02 AM   #3
Hammer
Just an update: I was able to successfully force feed the female a slicked down pinkie that she did not regurgitate. The male, however, had to be tube fed baby food, but took it like a man and did not regurgitate it either. So, both have something in their stomachs. Next week, I'll try to get a pinkie down the male.

Thanks for the help Ms TT.... It came in handy.

Old 05-25-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
snakegetters
Make sure to save the fecal samples that will result from this meal and get them checked at a vet's for parasites.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!