Question on my baby crestie - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #11
Ed Clark
I disagree with this, your cold turkey will kill a baby gecko that will not eat CGD right away and a little bit of baby food will fill up that empty belly and give you more time to work with them. problem feeders are very few.

There are different ways of attacking this situation and this way has worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenT
actually, the more you spoil the gecko on baby food and treats the less CGD it will eat, and that is what it needs to stay healthy right now. COLD turkey is the best way to do this.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #12
ColleenT
never had one die of starvation. every night you put a dab of CGD on it's nose. it will figure it out., baby foods are not healthy enough for Cresteds, they'll end up getting MBD if they don't get the right balance of nutrition. and spoiling them on sugary treats and insects makes them not want to eat the cgd. just let them learn to eat it, then insects can be given once a week as a snack. crickets don't have much to offer, even when gut loaded. Roaches are better, but still not completely healthy. the CGD is the only thing that is.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #13
boybronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Billy, This was offered as a solution to keep a baby from dying of starvation and has worked for me on non feeding babies. I also stated that baby food is not a good diet, there are some Cresties that will not eat CGD right away and adding a little baby food will get them eating it.
I know Ed. I was just specificying to the thread creator to make sure the gecko is not eating any CGD (IE: Cleaning the cage & checking for poop) before resorting to this. I thought your post might be a bit confusing since it didn't say to make sure the baby is not eating CGD first.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #14
techgirl
I want to thank you for all the advice. I am currently trying baby food with CGD mixed in and so far that seems to be working. I have found it seems to like mango flavor. I am going to stick to this for a little while before I start to cut back on the baby food.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
Ed Clark
Wink

Very good idea, its important to get them eating anything that will fill their tiny bellies! and they will certainly not get MBD from a couple meals of baby food, if anyone is worried about that...just add a pinch of Rep-Cal to that baby food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
I want to thank you for all the advice. I am currently trying baby food with CGD mixed in and so far that seems to be working. I have found it seems to like mango flavor. I am going to stick to this for a little while before I start to cut back on the baby food.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
Otter_23
There are fruit supplement foods made by Repashy to go with the cgd and mango is one of them. It is a powder you mix in with the cgd base.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #17
ColleenT
it is not a fruit supplement. it is a 2-part mix, a base and a nectar. you can choose whatever flavor you like, but they must be mixed 60%/40% by weight, not volume. when this is done, you have the same nutrition as the original CGD.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!