Info Chris and Melissa Faulkner - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #41
Freemason81
Well I apologize if I’m coming off angry and rude . Yes I should have done my research more clearly. I understand this and I’m not putting the blame on Fauna . To be honest I found out what bOI was after I made the purchase . I find myself pretty good at picking out scammers . This individual knows his stuff about reptiles plus talking to him on the phone made me feel even more at ease . I personally had a fire in my house in October lost 5 snakes and my 3 year old Savannah monitor. So yes I was alittle quick to pull the trigger . I got scammed .

Old 04-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #42
mega1126
No, I can't provide a link. He said as soon as I paid, he would mark it sold, but he just took the whole ad down.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #43
mega1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason81 View Post
The really messed up part is this isn’t your everyday scammer . He knows about reptiles , different breeders, things to look out for . I can guarantee he is a member of this forum. He is reading all of this laughing . Something should be done and Fauna’s side . I personally emailed Fauna and got some half ass response. This hurts our hobby and the breeders who actually do this for a living and rely on sales.
I absolutely agreed. He gave me the breeders name (and it was reputable). He knew his stuff and had answers to all my questions. My mistake for being new and jumping to the gun. He is definitely on here laughing. He has replied to all of my text messages until I started posting on here a few hours ago.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #44
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1126 View Post
No, I can't provide a link. He said as soon as I paid, he would mark it sold, but he just took the whole ad down.
What was the ad for? What were you attempting to buy?

Old 04-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #45
Robert Walker
Quote:
I’m looking on some post here that date back to 2010 with the name and number.
Quote:
Look at the bottom of this page to similar threads.
The two quotes above are saying two different things.
Are there posts with BOTH the name AND number? (people share similar names)
OR
Do you simply see a name or something "similar" that you think is the same person. 'If' you can find where in 2010 the same person and SAME phone number appear please copy and paste that link here for me to follow.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #46
mega1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
What was the ad for? What were you attempting to buy?
Florida Box Turtles

Old 04-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #47
Robert Walker
Quote:
PayPal friends and family . I didn’t know the differents.
This has been stated time and time again, but for those that don't know... PayPal offer buyers protection but not to those who cheat their system.

By paying for an animal as part of a transaction (buyer & seller), that is 'not' sending money to your 'friend or family'. Taking this option cheats PayPal out of their fees. No fees, no protection to you. After all, who needs buyers protection if you were really sending money to dear ol' mom?

PayPal states clearly which option protects you. A scammer might be good. A scammer might really, really good... however taking the time to read a few sentences on PayPal's site falls back upon the shoulders of the person sending the money.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #48
Robert Walker
Quote:
For me, I dealt with the name Jeremy Thompson, but Melissa Faulkner was who the payment went to.
Quote:
Florida Box Turtles
Is this the ad in question?
Notice that you posted your phone number (blurred by me), exposed for both members and non-members viewing the site to see?
If I was a scammer, I simply see your phone number, call/text you, pretend to be Jeremy. You believe you are texting or talking to the real Jeremy Thompson, but you are not. The scammer simply assumes the name of person who was really selling the animal you wanted.

"very interested" = more susceptible to a scam.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #49
Lucille
Quote:
I personally had a fire in my house in October lost 5 snakes and my 3 year old Savannah monitor. So yes I was alittle quick to pull the trigger . I got scammed .
I am so sorry for your loss, that is devastating. The BOI helps prevent some of these scams but you have to do a search before you buy.
And if I could give some advice please, don't even ever deal with anyone in a business transaction that suggests you pay friends/family. Not only does it leave you without protection, but it is unethical to deprive PayPal of its fees when it is helping you with your business transactions. Those fees are how the PayPal employees make their living and feed their family.

There are a lot of very very good deals on Fauna, genuine good deals from genuine Good Guy sellers. It just takes some effort to weed out the Bad Guys and as you say, some of the Bad Guys know their stuff and they are really slick.

I hope that in the future you once again have a nice beautiful collection that brings you happiness.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #50
Robert Walker
Quote:
Florida Box Turtles
Did this person send you pictures Megan?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!