Impending surgery- nervous owner!- UPDATE - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
I am so glad everything went fine for her. Hey, if somebody cut my head open I'd be a tad bit grumpy too!

Hopefully she'll be back to her old self real soon.

Glad she made it through the surgery and is impatient for dinner.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Jeremy Letkey
Lisa, I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. Keep us updated.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
geckogrl6
Thanks to all for your support. She is doing fine, eating again well, and seems to be seeing out of that eye. She does have some scabbing, and maybe old shed on the eyelid, which at the moment is preventing her from opening the eye fully. I am hoping this will improve, and optimally her eyelid will be back to normal after several sheds. the eye itself looks fine, so I am not too concerned about her vision per se. Her energy is still a tad on the low side, which may be due to the medication and/or seasonal. She is a little worse about handling now, which, as was stated earlier, is to be expected when someone restrains you and then opens your head up. But she is still super sweet, and I am earning her trust back. After all, it was the vet who cut her, not me! lol She takes her meds well, seems to like the taste of it, which she always did....strange! Baytril, now that seems to be nasty tasting stuff (if you are a leo), but she is on trimethsulfa, and I believe the vet said there may be some sugars in the solution, so she may just have a sweet tooth. Now THAT might explain how she got the infected tooth that led to the abcesses in the first place. I guess whoever had her first thought candy was good for leos.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #14
geckogrl6
Just had her first shed post-removal, and it looking Great! She needed some help to get a little piece of shed from between her jaw and lower eyelid, but the scabbing is nearly gone. She does still have a dark cresent behind her eyeball on top of her head, briusing, but it's very thin. The area is still slightly swollen, but one more shed, and another week of meds, and she will be wearing a nice symetrical leo smile again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!