King Cobra not feeding- any suggestions - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-31-2005, 02:54 AM   #21
snakegetters
I don't think you can put any definite numbers on adenectomy regeneration. Too much depends on how the procedure is performed. Where did you get that particular figure?

I've worked with some of those television entertainers, and the snakes I planted under boards and branches were not venomoid. They were of course planted to be "found" though. It's always amusing for an experienced herper to see somebody on TV pulling out a "wild caught" snake from under a rock that is completely flawless, freshly shed and obviously has not missed a meal in its entire life from its perfectly square body conformation.

There comes a point with kings where you have to grab and pump them. We use Diazepam as I mentioned to reduce the stress of assist feeding on the animals, and Mazuri or Walkabout Farms carnivorous reptile gel slurry delivered via a feeding tube. If this animal is looking seriously emaciated, you may want to resort to assist feeding. http://www.snakegetters.com/demo/vet/

Old 03-31-2005, 01:46 PM   #22
atroxman
King Cobra not feeding- any suggestions

Once again, thank you for your help. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Jeff

As far as the percentage of adenectomy regeneration, I cannot provide proof of the number nor refer you to somone who can. I was told this number several times by venomoid keepers. It is possible that this number is a "myth" so to say. It however, is a fairly high number and helps in keeping venomoid keepers on their toes. I would also hope it would aid in keeping those who are just looking for a pet rattlesnake to hold show off from ever "knowing" where or not they are going to be envenomated by a bite recieved.

Old 04-15-2005, 06:38 PM   #23
atroxman
Well, I lost the little girl on Wednessday. Once again, thanks to all those who tried to help. It is unfortunate that this and many other animals have to die to make some @ss hole a quick profit.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #24
psilocybe
Not to rub salt in your wounds, but hopefully you will think twice before purchasing a venomoid, especially from CRE.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!