false water cobra bites - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
liquidleaf
Note that Michael said "WC" - he means, try buying a wild-caught specimen of ANY of those species, and see if you can deal with its aggression first. A captive born burmese can be very tame, but any wild caught animal tends to be very unpredictable, and these species won't cost you, literally, an arm or a leg if they freak out and bite you, but could provide valuable lessons for how to read a snake and avoid bites before you get into venomous.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 PM   #12
PJ FF
ok, thank you very much for clearing that up for me. And also thanks for all the help. I had a hell of a time trying to find people that knew what the hell they were talking about. Thanks

Old 02-14-2006, 08:00 PM   #13
Archimedes Artifex
Thumbs up

I would suggest keeping an eastern coachwhip before keeping any venomous snake. It will certainly teach you to be careful when handling as not to get bit.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #14
Junkyard
I have two captive bred burmese pythons, one(albino) is the meanest thing I have ever met, the other(normal) is as nice as they come, but that is after dealing with her temper for a while.

Try working with a green tree python, they have quite the temper, even the captive bred.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
PJ FF
yeah, i heard bout them mean suckers but if that helps ill try for it

Old 02-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #16
extreme_bci
Like what Archimedes Artifex said coachwhip would be your best. In AZ there are Red coachwhip's all over out there. So instead of spending 300.00 to 500.00 on a green tree python you could just go out and catch a red coachwhip. And any coachwhips are very good for traning for venomous. They are very quick stricking snakes. Just be carefuly.

Thanks, Josh

Old 02-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #17
sppeavy
Hey guys, I thought I might throw in my 2 cents. I agree with training with a coachwhip, they are notoriously mean. I just would like to add that since he is in Arizona, to also try large Gopher snakes. I live in Kansas at the moment and about half the Bullsnakes I have found have been VERY Mean and testy. He can easily find a gopher snake or coachwhip out there. Now, I have also heard that the True Red Coachwhips are not as mean as the easterns or westerns. I caught one last year in west Texas that was and still is dog tame. It is a red phased western though. I just have noticed that bullsnakes, and yellow-bellied racers around here are VERY testy. Just another easy find in Arizona. Later all.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #18
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_bci
Like what Archimedes Artifex said coachwhip would be your best. In AZ there are Red coachwhip's all over out there. So instead of spending 300.00 to 500.00 on a green tree python you could just go out and catch a red coachwhip. And any coachwhips are very good for traning for venomous. They are very quick stricking snakes. Just be carefuly.

Thanks, Josh
Yes. Coachwhip (red racer) would be a good practice animal. They love to bite, and as mentioned they are quick, and most all that I've ever caught bite, and bite, and bite, then after they "calm down" they bite some more

Old 02-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #19
Tim Cole
Why bother...

It's illegal in Arizona to keep exotic vemomous snakes. End of discussion.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:01 AM   #20
extreme_bci
It is legal to have false water cobras in CA and AZ I know that for sure.

Thanks, Josh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!