Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #71
Stephenson8011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Doesn't matter WHO is at 'fault' ... what happened to just plain HONESTY ???

It seems that it's getting very rare to find it in this hobby anymore.

This ^^^

I’ve never had any bad experiences so far since I do a lot of research before I deal with anyone but it does seem to become more and more common

Old 04-25-2018, 09:29 AM   #72
Morticia
If I were running UGR I'd return the animals (pending they have not all ready sold them...) and just wash my hands of it. Surely such a big company can afford the "loss" of less than a grand to save the headache.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #73
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
1. Doesn't matter WHO is at 'fault' ... what happened to just plain HONESTY ???
2. It seems that it's getting very rare to find it in this hobby anymore.
1. Happy to give you another swing at the logic process of statement #1. Are you trying to convince me/us that "fault" is irrelevant? Fault determines responsibility. If you can't determine who is responsible then how can you determine who is owed compensation? In one breath 'fault doesn't matter', but in the next you label UG as thieves ("for UG to steal his snakes"). That is 'you' finding UG at fault. Apparently 'fault' does matter - as long as it is UG at fault?

2. If it is as rare to find "honesty" in this hobby as some have suggested, then all the more reason to have written out a contract. You can't have it both ways: the world is dishonest --->so no contract--->surprised the world is dishonest.

Apparently UG must have their act together well enough to have maintained a long term customer with a PhD. I believe both parties are smart enough to recognize that they 'both' got themselves in this pickle by not writing out an agreement with specific terms.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #74
Robert Walker
James -
If $100 was too low of an offer, then what amount is acceptable to you for the cobra?
Perhaps UG can agree to that amount or counter your offer?

Old 04-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #75
Lucille
Besides the transaction protection for the parties involved conferred by written contracts, I am very concerned that these venomous snakes in Florida were able to be transported and dropped off somewhere without any signature or receipt that would tend to show current possession. If there is no receipt it would seem to erase some incentive for personal responsibility for the safety of others.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #76
Ed Clark
Rian, do the right thing and pay James a reasonable price for the cobra you are trying to steal from him.

How do you think it effects your business when people are reading posts like this about underground reptiles?

Rian get smart about how you treat customers!

Old 04-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #77
Snake-Queen
What are the laws in Florida regarding the transportation and sale of venomous? I am having a hard time finding information about it.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #80
Lucille
http://myfwc.com/contact/law-enforcement/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!