Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #61
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAZE31 View Post
Put yourself in Brandon's situation Brad! If you were to trade for a snake and it pasted away in nine days would you not be upset then on top of it get a bad guy post?
Frank, this situation sucks all the way around. You can word either side to be damning to the other.

Like this: Put yourself in Xavier's situation Frank! If you traded a perfectly healthy snake to someone, and they stressed it to death by breeding it immediately after receiving it would you not be upset? Then on top of that, they blame you for the the death, want you to pay for it, and even threaten you?

Could the snake have been sick before shipping? Yes, but we will NEVER know. What we DO know is that it was placed with multiple other animals before it died. IF it was sick, then all of Tom's females that were exposed to it, and all of the males that were then exposed to them are suspect. If it had died within 10 days in quarantine, nobody would have to worry about those animals.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #62
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
to ALL the people that have spoken on here. with 1 month or 100 yrs experience. Yes, qt is important. Yes, qt MIGHT have drawn out the life of the snake longer. If the snake had these issues they WOULD have surfaced NEXT season and hte results would be hte same and Brandon would be out AGAIN.. Stop making excuses, NO snake dies in 10 days IF healhty, NONE !!!!! Practice all the crap you want, it jsut doesn't happen. Screw your damn live arrival guarantee as well. People make me sick with all thier excuses and finger pointing. Snake had underlying conditions, period end of story. You should at hte VERY LEAST return one of the snakes. You won't because your getting out and don't care of the reprecussions. This scenerio holds true in the dog world and even the exotic mammmal world.
TRUE THAT BROTHER , SPOKEN LIKE A MAN WITH BALLS (pythons that is)
oh you didnt quarentine it its your fault , fck dat it died in 10 days , thanks for your input

Old 05-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #63
Discojaguar
This thread is extremely hard to read. I don't find the OP at fault, because by the buyers own words looked healthy upon receiving it. It's unfortunate that the snake died, but I believe it's on the buyer because of his choice in husbandry (which he has not denied).

To me the purpose of quarentine is not just to keep it away from your collection, but to make matters like this less grey. IF he had quarentined the snake, instead of trying to breed it, the finger would be a little easier to point at the OP but because he chose not to, all these other possible reasons have made it a real grey area.

In short:

The Seller is not at fault, as live arrival was the only guarentee and I find it hard to believe based on the buyers attitude that if the roles were reversed he would do as he wants the seller to do.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #64
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas raspoptsis View Post
i dont understand all this drama the snake died in 10 days thats all that matters im the one that paid for the results and tests and im still paying for the tests that are still being done , but what ever this is not worth my time im going back to watch my coral glow spinner blast lay eggs ,, later have a great day as i will
Drama? Brandon's post downplays the role you played in the whole thing. You appear to be much more involved. You seem to be the one who was responsible for the snake after the trade.Was it ever in Brandon's care? Are you trying to convince readers that it was Xavier's fault, or are you trying to convince Brandon that it wasn't your fault that his snake died in your possession? It sounds like the same thing, but it isn't.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #65
Amelanistic Orca
Dang... Reminds me of a BCI that passed on me years ago.. Cancerous Mass was a good as I could get outta testing.. And, the problems arose, thank you, to breeding this male. He lived a great life for 5 yrs, til introduction day. Grand total on that loss..... $11,000. As a heart attack serious. I've never been the same since. I knew it had problems within days of breeding attempts. This snake died finally at my hands 8 months later. It was a mind numbing experience. I knew better than to hit the breeder hard, I let that person know about the problem and it got worse..

In the end, I dropped the issue and sucked it up.. Like I said, I've never been the same. It was 'this snake' or a depo on a ridiculous new ride... I chose wrong! I guess what I'm getting at is this.... you never know when it's your turn in the grinder. Earning real stripes in reptile breeding is founded on an issue just like this. What does that mean? Re-read the post a couple times..

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #66
Boa_Morphs82
Quote:
thats what it was traded for to breed it was suppose to be healthy and quarintine or not it should not have died in 10 days

do think people buy snakes in breeding season and dont put them with females right away dont kid yourself its done everyday .breeder males are for sale every were right now with the adds saying . hey he has done his job here and has much more spark left in him and can breed a few more girls (NOT AN EXACT QUOTE BUT )
Yes, well at least I never would. I have purchased 3 breeder sized animals all the rest of mine have been raised from neo's to adults and when I purchase any animal, it doesnt matter how reputable the source is, those animals are in quarantine for 1 year before even being placed in the same house as my collection.

Bypassing quarantine is just poor breeding and husbandry ethics IMHO.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #67
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
Drama? Brandon's post downplays the role you played in the whole thing. You appear to be much more involved. You seem to be the one who was responsible for the snake after the trade.Was it ever in Brandon's care? Are you trying to convince readers that it was Xavier's fault, or are you trying to convince Brandon that it wasn't your fault that his snake died in your possession? It sounds like the same thing, but it isn't.
did you get the last post i said i did it , put it to rest , it doesnt matter anymore this is a waste of time , i have better things to do , you can blame me its ok , now like i said im busy watching my snakes breed and lay eggs , the more time i spend typing is less time i spend on my snakes , so go to something else have a great day

Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #68
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
Question for Tom and Frank: If the Vet can't reasonably speculate cause of death yet and can't (or hasn't been asked to) state how long the issues noted were there; what qualifies either of you to be able to do so? Unless you are in possession of information not yet stated, or qualifications above and beyond that of the vet; to say it could not have developed an issue and died that quickly is just an opinion. Passionate as it may be, there is no real evidence to support it.
I agree completely.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #69
ReptileGeek181
Quote:
did you get the last post i said i did it , put it to rest , it doesnt matter anymore this is a waste of time , i have better things to do , you can blame me its ok , now like i said im busy watching my snakes breed and lay eggs , the more time i spend typing is less time i spend on my snakes , so go to something else have a great day
Good riddance

Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #70
DaveyFig
Quote:

This is your "last post" before your "last post"
Quote:
TRUE THAT BROTHER , SPOKEN LIKE A MAN WITH BALLS (pythons that is)
oh you didnt quarentine it its your fault , fck dat it died in 10 days , thanks for your input
No, I guess I didn't "get" your last post, if that was an acceptance of responsibility. I only posted on this thread to see why Brandon said your role was minor. In Xavier's thread right after the transaction, he gave praise to both of you as esnakes.com, and named both of you in the title of the thread. Here, Brandon says you only shipped, and knew a vet.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=310844

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!