contests - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:34 AM   #1
Stardust
contests

OK, how about this: Contests in the forums sections? Or just random contests?
Hell, I will even donate one of mine first. I have a 03 candy cane corn, produced by Rich that I would be willing to part with since he/she is not a pair.
Perhaps we can have a picture contest?? Or perhaps this could be a contest in just the corn section for the best care sheet submitted???
Any suggestions?????

Old 06-01-2004, 11:04 AM   #2
Stardust
I was thinking, with your corn forum that would not be a good idea. Perhaps the corn could go to another forum with the best, informative care sheet.

Old 06-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #3
WebSlave
Photo contests usually work pretty well. I could set up a special subforum in each discussion forum for the entries.
  • Who will be the judges?
  • What will the prizes be?
  • If someone is donating the prizes what can I give them in return?
  • Who is going to handle the management of the contests?
  • How will voting be accomplished?

So yes, I am willing to entertain this idea, but I will need help (and a LOT of it!) to implement it. I can't possibly take this on by myself with my current work load.

Old 06-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
Stardust
The judging is a hard one. I would say a poll but fear there would be cheating going on, although since enough people are on fauna I don't think an extra vote here or there should make too much of a difference.
Prizes can be anything from people who would be willing to donate a reptile or tee shirt to one free month of banner time here.
Perhaps a poll to see if people would participate would be helpful before starting.
What would you give in return??? Thats almost funny Rich, as you give quite enough providing people with this site!!
Where besides the BOI is the best place to get responces to a poll?

Old 06-01-2004, 05:27 PM   #5
WebSlave
Just out of curiosity's sake, I set up photo galleries in just about all of the discussion forums. Not sure I like it though. It looks OK when you are actually in the discussion forum, but looking at the list of forums from the outside makes it look real messy. I'll give it a couple of days to see what happens.

I would allow a poll on this contest idea in the BOI for a short period of time to see if there is any interest. You want to carry that baton, Stardust?

Old 06-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
DThomas
Just a suggestion...let the judges be the ones that have access to this forum. You can then be pretty assured no one is a clone, you don't have to worry about special polls, and the ones here have taken more of an interest in how this site fares.

I am also willing to donate prizes for this.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:06 PM   #7
WebSlave
Good point, Dennis. Since the only ones who could have access to this forum would have to be contributors as well. I think I would want to limit the judges to those people who have already expressed a gesture of wanting to help this site's progress.

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:48 PM   #8
Stardust
Sorry, didn't come back on here, was too busy checking the poll to see what people thought and wasn't checking back here.
Good idea. I think we have enough contributors to be able to rotate from time to time as well.
I think this may just make it.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #9
Stardust
how about something like this?

http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/...na_contest.gif[/url]

Old 06-03-2004, 03:49 PM   #10
Stardust
too boring, will have to work on something with a little flare.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!