Boy Kills Giant Turtle - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #61
Griz
Jim, in order to make ''smart'' &$# comment, it requires the offender to be........ah, nevermind. That thought would have been lost.

Anyways, are your thoughts so incoherent that you have to be a sounding board for PETA and simply regurge their words instead of simply giving us YOUR definition for YOUR catch phrase?

You keep beating around the bush and avoiding the hypocrisy that is Jim. You have yet to address my questions and have yet to define your version of ''senseless hunting''.

I think you have swallowed what others have fed you for so long that you don't want to admit the fallacies of your thought processes.

Griz

Old 07-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #62
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Jim, in order to make ''smart'' &$# comment, it requires the offender to be........ah, nevermind. That thought would have been lost.

Anyways, are your thoughts so incoherent that you have to be a sounding board for PETA and simply regurge their words instead of simply giving us YOUR definition for YOUR catch phrase?

You keep beating around the bush and avoiding the hypocrisy that is Jim. You have yet to address my questions and have yet to define your version of ''senseless hunting''.

I think you have swallowed what others have fed you for so long that you don't want to admit the fallacies of your thought processes.

Griz
you've called me stupid.
you've been sarcastic.
Now your telling me my opinion is not my own.
And yet you want me to answer your question.

its pretty simple, I think hunting defenseless animals is senseless.
what part of the don't you get? I'm not beating around the bush, the turtle killed in the news article was a waste.

if you don't like my personal opinion thats fine, I don't really give a damm.
thats my opinion, its not based on any one event.

you can read so much into what I post , but you couldn't figure the answer to the question.
I am done with this thread, justify what you do how ever you wish, I still think its killing that shouldn't take place.

To bad they don't shoot back.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #63
Griz
I have made my comments solely based upon your lack of coherency on this topic. You do not see the hypocrisy in your stance yet everyone else does! At some point you have to ask yourself why that is.

AND, the biggest problem here is not your hypocritical statements (as sad as that thought might be). THE BIGGEST PROBLEM HERE IS THAT IN MORE THAN ONE THREAD YOU HAVE WISHED HARM UPON THE HUMAN IN PLACE OF THE ANIMAL!!!

You value the life of an animal over that of a human. I hope you think about that as you:

1) eat your steak
2) wear your leather coat
3) feed your animals pinkies
4) take animals from their natural environment for your own selfish collection......

Jim, I do not believe you are stupid. I simply think that you have not taken the time to intellectually think through your own beliefs. Your thoughts are emotional based. I derive this opinion solely from the fact that you have not backed up your thoughts with any facts or logical thought processes. I would encourage you to think through this a bit more before responding.

Griz

Old 07-03-2006, 03:39 AM   #64
sfaoldguy
I would like a link to where you got your data on the number of animals killed by hunters each year... Thanks...

Old 07-03-2006, 03:41 AM   #65
sfaoldguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
Sounds like you was directing it to me, at least it sure looked that way.
just about all of your posts about this have been sarcastic.
If you want to be a smart @$$, espect the same in return.

this seems like senseless hunting to me;

Hunting, the stalking and killing of animals, has been an American tradition most likely since the Ice Age when plant food became scarce. Today it exists as a "sport"; even when the animals' flesh is eaten, there is no excuse or justification for stalking and killing an animal in his or her habitat. Nevertheless, people not only engage in hunting but strongly defend it as their right to do so. With an arsenal of rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, handguns, bows and arrows, hunters kill more than 200 million animals yearly - crippling, orphaning, and harassing millions more. The annual death toll in the U.S. includes 42 million mourning doves, 30 million squirrels, 28 million quail, 25 million rabbits, 20 million pheasants, 14 million ducks, 6 million deer, and thousands of geese, bears, moose, elk, antelope, swans, cougars, turkeys, wolves, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, boars, and other woodland creatures. (Data from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and state wildlife agencies.)

This is the post I am asking for a few links to any of this information... Thanks

Old 07-03-2006, 04:12 AM   #66
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaoldguy
This is the post I am asking for a few links to any of this information... Thanks

I just googled it. It came up word for word from this site.

In Defense of Animals 3010 Kerner Blvd., San Rafael, CA 94901

http://www.idausa.org/facts/hunting.html

Old 07-03-2006, 05:14 AM   #67
sfaoldguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

I just googled it. It came up word for word from this site.

In Defense of Animals 3010 Kerner Blvd., San Rafael, CA 94901

http://www.idausa.org/facts/hunting.html
Word for word except the fact that it was compiled and published by a site that opposes hunting, not "(Data from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and state wildlife agencies.)"... It is very important to understand the source of the statistical information being presented... With a state agency cutting the mourning dove number in almost half, it throws serious shadows over the integrity of that data... They also failed to include the following information to put the data in perspective so people can make educated decisions...

"The mourning dove is one of the most abundant and widely distributed birds in the United States. The current continent-wide population estimate is over 400 million in the fall migration...Nationwide, approximately 22.7 million doves are harvested annually. " - http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...7390--,00.html

Mourning doves lay two eggs each clutch and lay 2 to 5 clutches per year... I will use 3 clutches per year to be conservative here... Of those 3 cluthes a year to equal 6 chicks between 2 adult doves, 40% survive over one year of age. Putting all of this together, only about 4.7% of the current Mourning dove population needs to reproduce to replace the doves taken by hunters...

Do I really need to look up the rest of them and put them into perspective? One I don't even need to look up is the one about boars which are an introduced species to North America and have lead to the decline of much of our native wildlife... For boars, hunt on....

Old 07-03-2006, 05:21 AM   #68
Dennis Hultman
LOL, I was just stating where he copied the information from.
Wasn’t lending support to the information posted.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:26 AM   #69
Dennis Hultman
I thought, if anything it took merit away from the argument he was presenting based on the site the information was coming from. They even dislike other extremist organizations if you continue reading that page.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:31 AM   #70
sfaoldguy
oh, LOL, I wasn't sure on your support or not but I thank you for the link... The only comparable data I found to it was another non-government site that put the total of all species killed at around 100 mil where this site puts it at 200 mil...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!