Boy Kills Giant Turtle - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #81
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
So, what is "senseless hunting"? Hurry up, you can probably run to PETA's sight so that it does not involve you actually coming up with your own definition......

Griz
I belive I answered this several times

Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #82
Griz
Sorry Jim, but you have proven yourself incapable of not only rational thought but also I simply do not trust your judgement in being able to handle the level of trust that comes with having my number.

Jim, it's real simple. You started this whole mess and when you get challenged on your belief system you simply run to various extreme websites to try and back your position up, thus avoiding any exertion of personal effort or thought. You have proven my point that your beliefs are not founded on anything that remotely resembles intelligent or rational thought.

I simply asked you some simple questions. You are right, you do not owe me a thing, nor I you. But, if you are going to come onto a public board and lamblast hunters, root for the death of hunters, then you are fooling yourself if you think someone won't challenge you.

The next time you want to state your opinions, make sure that you can at least intelligently defend them.

Griz

PS My size reference was simply so you would know what to look for. Not many people are my size thus making me very easy to pick out of a crowd. If I am ever at a reptile show in the east I will be sure to offer you a beer.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #83
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
I belive I answered this several times
No you have not. You gave me an extremist websites wording of the number of animals that have been killed. You have NOT provided anything even resembling a definition.

Griz

Old 07-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #84
Mary-Beth is KoRny
Quote:
Hunting to feed your family, maybe a job would take care of that.
Quote:
Instead of killing them for food why don’t you get a job to support your family, maybe you should have thought out how you would support them BEFORE HAND. People capable of working should not have to kill anything to feed their families...stop using that for your excuse. Now-a days animals are bred specifically to be used for food. I bet if you sell just one your guns you can put food on the table for a month.
Quote:
If I had no other options, and if I absolutely had to - I would probably hunt too. I just prefer to work, and buy my food.
I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but I'm finding myself feeling very defensive when I read these arrogant comments.

You keep implying that people that need to hunt to feed themselves must be lazy because they could just get a job so they can buy their food. My husband hunts to help support us (and FYI I was on birth control pills when my daughter was conceived) and he WORKS VERY HARD. He's been looking for a better paying job for years, but there just isn't a position open for him around here. I'm constantly looking for a job too, but the only one's I'm qualified for wouldn't even cover the cost of day care for my daughter. So I clean houses and babysit every chance I get, sometimes I even manage to earn $75 a week!

Oh, and if we sold a gun we'd be able to feed our family for two weeks, but if we buy a $15 box of ammo we'll be able to eat hundreds of dollars worth of meat. The only thing we throw away are the hooves and the bones. Skins get cured, organs and blood are saved for fishing and crabbing bait.

BTW, baiting deer is illegal, at least in NC.

I think I've managed to say everything that's been boiling up inside me now.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #85
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but I'm finding myself feeling very defensive when I read these arrogant comments.

You keep implying that people that need to hunt to feed themselves must be lazy because they could just get a job so they can buy their food. My husband hunts to help support us (and FYI I was on birth control pills when my daughter was conceived) and he WORKS VERY HARD. He's been looking for a better paying job for years, but there just isn't a position open for him around here. I'm constantly looking for a job too, but the only one's I'm qualified for wouldn't even cover the cost of day care for my daughter. So I clean houses and babysit every chance I get, sometimes I even manage to earn $75 a week!

Oh, and if we sold a gun we'd be able to feed our family for two weeks, but if we buy a $15 box of ammo we'll be able to eat hundreds of dollars worth of meat. The only thing we throw away are the hooves and the bones. Skins get cured, organs and blood are saved for fishing and crabbing bait.

One more hour away and I can give you Karma!! Good post!

Griz

Old 07-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #86
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
No you have not. You gave me an extremist websites wording of the number of animals that have been killed. You have NOT provided anything even resembling a definition.

Griz

That's fine if you don't want to give me your number. The fact still remains I gave you mine, and you chose not to call. You would rather discuss this here to make sure look / feel better about yourself, rather than to discuss it in person.

It's real simple; as soon as you started posted you totally went off subject. When you started posted it became a personal attack on me. How is me not believing in people killing animals not rational? Come on, since when does anyone have to have scientific proof to justify what they believe. If that were the case all religion would considered irrational.

Rooting for the death of hunters... hmmm that is kind of extreme I said what if the animals shot back. You have a convenient habit of putting words in my mouth and twisting things to suite your ramblings.

The only reason people "your size" make a point of their size is when their trying to intimidate... which is a lot like a grizzly bear, which you so prominently use as your sign in. So, if you want people to really believe that you were mentioning that so I would recognize you, then you must think everyone is stupid.
If you really think you're going to be the only 6'6'280lbs at reptile show, then you haven't been to one lately. I stand behind the table at the shows making it very easy to find, all you would have to do is walk up and introduce yourself.

This conversation is getting so drawn out; I really do have better things to do with my time.

If you want to continue this further you are welcome to call me on the phone.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #87
homegrownherps
Quote:

So what you all are saying that is every hunter out there, hunts legally and only hunts to feed their families? I don't think so.

I didn't say anyone was lazy...so same goes for you ... don't put words in my mouth.

I even said that that if I had hunt to feed my family, then maybe I would. I have never been in a position where I could not afford to feed my family.
And as I said before, I don't think all hunting is senseless.
And even if I had to hunt to feed my family I would still prefer to see them alive than dead. That is still my preference. You cant tell me every hunter out there has to hunt to feed their family because there is no other way !

Quote:
(and FYI I was on birth control pills when my daughter was conceived)
what does that have to do with anything ?????

Quote:
Now thats what I would say is NOT Senseless hunting.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #88
Mary-Beth is KoRny
Quote:
what does that have to do with anything ?????
Quote:
Instead of killing them for food why don’t you get a job to support your family, maybe you should have thought out how you would support them BEFORE HAND.
Now I, too, question whether you're reading your words before you post them.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #89
Griz
Quote:
That's fine if you don't want to give me your number. The fact still remains I gave you mine, and you chose not to call. You would rather discuss this here to make sure look / feel better about yourself, rather than to discuss it in person.

It's real simple; as soon as you started posted you totally went off subject. When you started posted it became a personal attack on me. How is me not believing in people killing animals not rational? Come on, since when does anyone have to have scientific proof to justify what they believe. If that were the case all religion would considered irrational.

Rooting for the death of hunters... hmmm that is kind of extreme I said what if the animals shot back. You have a convenient habit of putting words in my mouth and twisting things to suite your ramblings.

The only reason people "your size" make a point of their size is when their trying to intimidate... which is a lot like a grizzly bear, which you so prominently use as your sign in. So, if you want people to really believe that you were mentioning that so I would recognize you, then you must think everyone is stupid.
If you really think you're going to be the only 6'6'280lbs at reptile show, then you haven't been to one lately. I stand behind the table at the shows making it very easy to find, all you would have to do is walk up and introduce yourself.

This conversation is getting so drawn out; I really do have better things to do with my time.

If you want to continue this further you are welcome to call me on the phone.
Jim, first off, thank you for running your email through Microsoft Word etc so that you could utilize the grammar/spell check tools. It made for a much more enjoyable and understandable post. For that I thank you.

I won't call you simply because I have stated my opinions from the get go, right here, in plain site for everyone to see. You have such a hard time grasping reality that you could very easily take my words and misconstrue them to the board. I won't allow you that privilege.

YOU, not anyone else, went off the deep end about a kid who was feeding his family. YOU, not anyone else, made it very clear that you wish little Bambi had the ability to shoot back. Would they be shooting at my binoculars Jim? Of course not. You made it very clear that you wish they could shoot the hunters thereby placing no value on the life of the human over that of Bambi. YOU, Jim, went off the deep end with regards to this debate.

Like I said Jim, if I ever get to a show on the east coast I will be sure to stop by. You know what to look for. Besides, isn't it you that has the signature of "If your gonna be stupid - You better be tough!". I really do not need to ask you which category of your signature you fall in since you do not know how to spell "your" (hint: it should be you're).

Jim, it still goes back to the issue that if you are going to get into a battle of the wits then make sure you are at least armed. Your gun is shooting blanks and your soapbox has fallen through. At least have the courtesy of being able to defend your stance.

Griz

Old 07-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #90
homegrownherps
Quote:
Now I, too, question whether you're reading your words before you post them.
I guess for you to take it so personal, you must feel guilty about some thing.

Why didn't you answer the rest of the questions?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!