Franklin-Jadeite Baby Profiles (Litter 2014-B) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #11
Snakesitter
Baby #10 (Female)

Babies #10, #11, and #12 have color that is – for the moment at least – still not developed…but for special reasons, as you will see.

This particular little lady is the picky feeder I’ve ever seen, and as such will be spending more time with us. Interestingly, she is the only baby rainbow I’ve ever met who seems outright suspicious of the usually problem-solving live food “bribe”: she will actively hide from it, watching warily from the other side of her water bowl or the “safety” of its top, until the Big Scary Mouse Hopper finally passes away…and then and only then will come down to investigate and maybe eat it. She may not get an “A’ for appetite, but she wins the risk management category tails down.

I have an inkling that Baby #10 carries some of the genetics of her next two siblings, but no hard proof yet.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

But Dad...it's *moving*!

As of last weigh-in, this little gem measured 31 grams.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #12
Snakesitter
Baby #11 (Female)

This pale but remarkable little girl has unusually thick black borders on her dorsal markings. She also has four linked pairs of dorsal spots patterns on her back. Her side patterns are remarkably thin crescents, except for one merged pair on her left side. She is a picky eater, and prefers live food over frozen/thawed…an idea I will argue with her about once she gets a few more meals into her, as I try to wean her to fresh killed then frozen/thawed. She clearly carries a good dose of the genetics of her sibling Baby #12.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Front

Side

Closeup

As of last weigh-in, this little gem measured 31 grams.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #13
Snakesitter
Baby #12 (Female)

This ghostly little lady was an unquestionable holdback from the moment I saw her. She has the thickest black borders I have ever seen on a baby rainbow. She also has interesting markings on her sides, where the usual side crescents have all but vanished, replaced with pseudo-stripes formed by the merger of the “leftover” black side ocelli with the black half-spots by her belly. On the less unusual side, she has six linked pairs of spots on her back.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Right

Left

Belly

As of last weigh-in, this little gem measured 46 grams.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #14
Snakesitter
Baby #13 (Male)

This little man has some interesting small neck spots. He has one chain of four linked dorsal spots, two of three, and two of two. His side patterns are uniform crescents, save one merged pair on his right.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Front

Right

Closeup

As of last weigh-in, this little gem measured 42 grams.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #15
Snakesitter
Baby #14 (Female)

This small gal has six linked pairs of dorsal spots on her back, forming a sea of mickeys. Her side patterns are uniform crescents.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Right

Left

Closeup

As of last weigh-in, this little gem measured 33 grams.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #16
Snakesitter
Baby #15 (Female)

This small gal has six linked pairs of dorsal spots on her back, forming a sea of mickeys. Her side patterns are uniform crescents.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Two Months (Second Shed)

Side

Rear

Closeup

As of last weigh-in, this little gem measured 39 grams.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:47 AM   #17
PyramidPythons
WOW, Cliff! Baby #12 is absolutely AWESOME! They are all stunningly beautiful, but that aberrant patterning, black bordering, color is just so cool. As usual I am sitting here sighing happily, having gotten my BRB fix. Can hardly wait to see Jasper's babies!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #18
Snakesitter
Thank you, Jennifer! I am pretty psyched about #12 myself. :-) I may hold back #11 too as insurance, not sure yet.

Jasper's babies are working on their second sheds as we speak.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!