New to BTS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
ZenReptiles
New to BTS

I'm not really new to Fauna, just have yet to post anything. I'm getting a 3 mo old Merauke Blue Tongue skink very soon, and I'm really excited about it. I have read 2 books on them and probably read the entire care sheet on BlueTongueSkinks.net like 4x over. I don't know any skink owners personally, so all I want to know is if there is anything I should expect that real owners know of that they don't mention in books or caresheets. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe you can take a look at my setup and supplies and comment if they are all good?
Here's what I have so far:
- a 65g long terrarium
- aspen bedding, the larger flakes
- a mercury vapor basking bulb that stays between 95-100F
- a reptisun 5.0 bulb for the cool end
- a hiding spot, one of those large half wooden logs
- waterdish/food dish

I have plenty of canned dog food and fruits and veggies on hand as well. Skinks' diets don't vary too much from my ig's except the protein part of course.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!