Steven Baker of SC Bad News!!! HELP - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #81
lillyorchid
Awww looks like Shannon & Steve took down their website as well as their ad's on king snake and the guest book with a few people's negative comments about them.

"79061 Gordon Rd Jacksonville, Fl.32221" is not a known place. Also I can't seem to find anything that is located in FL that is called Reptile Refuge... more less anywhere in the US. Google, petfinder, white/yellow pages... nada.

I guess you just made something on the spot up, made a name up, made up a address and made up a new user named on here... in hopes people would believe you. Very sad! You should know that when you post, your IP address will post too-even though you can't see it... the Admin can. I guess you didn't think that people would not look up that Janet person, that place or that address. WOW you two are really pathetic!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #82
raintree
Talk about someone self-destructing....

It's ironic that she ends most of her posts with the little Satan emoticon - must be Freudian!

IP Address + Host + spelling + nocaps + change to more caps once that's mentioned + constant use of exclamation marks to separate your incomplete sentences = SOL .

Sad if it weren't so funny!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #83
raintree
Oops...noticed my name didn't appear on that post...

Dana Larsen

Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #84
reptiledealer
Thanks everyone, now that I have convinced all these two are one in the same person its just a matter of getting my money back. Steve, Shannon go peddle your stolen dirty animals elswhere. You are a bad face for the industry and hopefully will not be able to do any future business on Fauna or Kingsnake.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #85
reptiledealer
Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by herphuntinchicksc
check the ip address all you want ! i have tried to call chris and yet he still wont pick up the phone ! FUNNY SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING TO ( SHUT ME DOWN ) CANT SPEAK TO ME ON THE PHONE !!!! but hey what ever think what you like you dont have to buy anything from me but the people that have dealt with me can keep buying as i will be emailing them all to get them to read this b/s as i dont have anything to hide ! if i did i wouldnt have used my name on kingsnake !!!!!!!!! so if all you guys have to do is bash people on this website then i feel really sorry for your life ! this will be the last time i post ! STEVE IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU NEED TO PAY CHRIS WHAT YOU OWE HIM SO HE WILL LEAVE ME ALONE ! or atleast post on your own so i dont have to deal with your bad dealings !!!!!!!!!! thanks shannon
"so if all you guys have to do is bash people on this website then i feel really sorry for your life ! this will be the last time i post !"

You have already posted again and continue to view the thread. Where will the lies end Shannon and Steve. Pay back the money you owe to me, Alan, Lee, and whoever else you may have lied to and stolen to.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #86
shurkahnzz
I went to shannon's website and want to know who the other person in WE are and who is that holding up the big snapper? could it be Steve?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #87
lillyorchid
Bob, I too noticed both of those things too last night while taking a look at "her" site.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #88
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycock
Just clear this up for everyone...
What is your story about how the Charleston show? What was your part in the whole thing in your own words? And what happened with the animals that were stolen? I, as well as others reading this, would like to know -
Trey Bell
Quote:
Stolen reptiles found discarded in bags
Exotic snakes, turtles among survivors being cared for after dangerous adventure
BY NITA BIRMINGHAM of the Post and Courier Staff

The tortoise Dr. Sam Seashole held aloft Tuesday morning still sported a tiny tooth on its nose, the tool it used to break free of its egg and enter the world. "He hasn't been out very long," Seashole observed. The two small spurred tortoises displayed in the conference cottage of Cypress Gardens in Berkeley County may be "right out of the egg," as Seashole put it, but have already been on a dangerous adventure. The tortoises are believed to be part of a collection of exotic snakes, tortoises and turtles valued at thousands of dollars that was stolen about a week ago from the Lowcountry Reptile and Amphibian Expo at the Exchange Park fairgrounds in Ladson. They were among the 58 animals that Charleston County sheriff's deputies found Monday night after a tip directed them to the shoulder of the frontage road near College Park Road and Interstate 26. Not all the species fared as well as the spurred tortoises. Three of the 32 turtles and 12 of the 26 snakes were dead, Charleston County Sheriff's Capt. Dana Valentine said. The snakes and turtles were in cloth bags. The survivors were given immediate veterinary treatment. "These little guys are very lucky to be in the condition they're in," said Sheriff's Sgt. Harold Phillips, who describes himself as a "reptile enthusiast." The investigation into the theft, which occurred between July 24 and 25, is continuing, and Phillips was cautious about releasing any other details about the case. Deputies arrested four people on July 27 in connection with the theft. Shannon Payne, 23, Steven V. Baker, 24, Randall R. Byrd, 17, and Joshua M. Cabrera, 16, who was charged as an adult, are accused of stealing more than $21,000 worth of animals and more than $3,000 in jewelry. Investigators said that Baker and Payne, both of Lincolnville, offered Byrd $1,000 to break into a building at the fairgrounds. Byrd and Cabrera, both of Summerville, are accused of carrying out the burglary. Investigators got a break in the case when Byrd's stepfather found a large amount of jewelry and alerted authorities. The authorities said at the time that some of the rare and expensive species might already have been sold on the black market. The 58 snakes and turtles found Monday night represent about half of what was stolen from the Expo, Valentine said. "We know there are more somewhere. We just don't know where," Phillips said. A small selection of 10 turtles, five ball pythons and a handful of wriggling jungle carpet pythons was displayed Tuesday during a brief press conference at Cypress Gardens. "I think these guys are gonna make it just fine," Seashole said as he eased an index finger into the mouth of a ball python to check the color of the mucous membranes. The turtles, which are more prone to dehydration and have to eat more often than snakes, also appeared in good health, he said, pointing out the bright, black eyes on one. A sick turtle squints and has swollen eyelids, Seashole said. The snakes and turtles will be "out of the woods" if they start feeding and maintain hydration, he said. There are so many varieties of snakes and turtles that identifying them takes expertise, Phillips said. Once the reptiles are sorted, the sheriff's office will try to return the animals to their owners. Nobody was saying, meanwhile, where the snakes and turtles are being sheltered. "They're in the witness protection program," Phillips said with a smile.
Quote:
Thieves creep in, steal expo critters

Rare snakes, turtles taken at fairgrounds
BY STEVE REEVES of the Post and Courier Staff

Whatever descriptive term one might use for thieves who broke into the Exchange Park fairgrounds in Ladson over the weekend, "squeamish" isn't it. Thieves stole thousands of dollars worth of exotic snakes, tortoises and turtles from the Lowcountry Reptile and Amphibian Expo sometime late Saturday or early Sunday, investigators said. They apparently weren't intimidated by slithery and sometimes creepy specimens such as Burmese pythons, boa constrictors, salamanders, frogs and spiders. Instead, expo vendors said the burglars, who gained entry to the building through a north-side door after hours, took their time sorting through the animals to find the most rare and expensive ones of the bunch. "Whoever stole these animals were very selective and knew what they were doing," said Alan Bosch, a reptile expert from Moncks Corner and owner of Alan Bosch Reptiles. "They took animals which would sell quickly, and they took high-end animals, which could potentially bring in big money." Estimates on the value of the stolen reptiles and amphibians range from about $21,000 to more than $40,000. Among the stolen critters were two tri-colored hognose snakes, valued at $350 each; two albino Burmese pythons, $300 a head; four baby western pond tortoises, $300 each; and two adult wood turtles, $225 each. Dozens of lesser-value animals stolen, as well as jewelry worth an estimated $3,400. Bosch lost $3,800 worth of boa constrictors, ball pythons and tortoises. He said reptiles and amphibians are becoming increasingly popular as pets, and he wouldn't be surprised if the thieves tried to sell them on the black market. "There's getting to be a huge market for these animals," he said. "And the more popular something becomes, the bigger the black market." Investigators are stumped so far as to who carried out the burglary. Because only a limited number of people deal in such exotic animals, they hope the mystery soon will be solved. "It's just not your normal theft," said Capt. Dana Valentine of the Charleston County Sheriff's Office. "The fact that it is so unusual might work in our favor. If someone turns up with all these animals, it should attract some attention." Another bit of good news: The stolen snakes aren't considered dangerous to humans, at least not until they get much larger. "Fortunately, none of these animals are poisonous," Valentine said. "But none of them are to be handled lightly." George Ullman, owner of Turtle World in Arcadia, Fla., said the thieves robbed him and his wife of as many as 60 turtles, including four hatchling pancake turtles that sell for $450 each. Ullman estimated his stolen turtles were worth at least $11,000. "I'm thinking these people knew something about turtles," Ullman said Monday. "They only picked the most pretty and expensive ones." Ullman said he is worried about the safety of the stolen animals, especially the young turtles and tortoises, which require special handling and care. "If they just stash them somewhere where it's hot, these animals will die in no time," he said. Sam Seashole, a snake and amphibian expert from Moncks Corner, said word of the theft is spreading quickly among reptile breeders. "Everyone is incensed at what has occurred," he said. Seashole is not convinced the theft was the work of black marketers. He said it merely may have been the work of small-time crooks looking to turn a quick buck. "People with dubious character will steal anything of value," he said. "I tend to think it is people who were aware the animals were worth a few dollars."

4 face charges in theft of animals from expo
BY STEVE REEVES of the Post and Courier Staff

"Four people have been charged in connection with last weekend's theft of dozens of rare snakes and amphibians, but investigators still haven't solved the mystery of exactly what happened to the critters. It's believed the thieves already might have sold the pythons, boa constrictors, western pond tortoises and other rare and expensive reptiles on the black market. The animals were stolen from a reptile show held over the weekend at the fairgrounds in Ladson. Early Tuesday morning, deputies from the Charleston County Sheriff's Office arrested Shannon Payne, 23, Steven V. Baker, 24, Randall R. Byrd, 17, and Joshua M. Cabrera, 16, who is being charged as an adult. All four are accused of stealing more than $21,000 worth of animals and more than $3,000 in jewelry. Investigators said their break came when Byrd's stepfather found a large amount of jewelry and alerted authorities. Byrd told investigators about the other suspects, leading to their arrests. Deputies raided Payne and Baker's house early Tuesday. Investigators have recovered some exotic animals, but it's not known if those were among the ones stolen over the weekend. The suspects reportedly have refused to say what happened to the animals. "Our concern right now is that the stolen animals have not been recovered," said Kay Hyman, spokeswoman for the John Ancrum SPCA. "They're in danger of dying. Those kinds of animals need to be kept in the correct environment." Among the animals stolen were albino Burmese pythons, hognose snakes, wood turtles and hatchling pancake turtles. Alan Bosch, owner of Alan Bosch Reptiles in Moncks Corner, lost about $3,000 worth of reptiles in the burglary. He's convinced the thieves have already sold the animals. "I'll never see my animals again, sad to say," Bosch said. Investigators claim that Baker and Payne, both of Lincolnville, offered Byrd $1,000 to break into a building at the Ladson Exchange Park. Byrd and Cabrera, both of Summerville, are accused of carrying out the burglary. Payne and Baker each are charged with one count of grand larceny, two counts of accessory to burglary and four counts of animal neglect. Byrd and Cabrera each are charged with burglary and grand larceny. Payne and Baker also face charges of unlawful possession of a spotted turtle and unlawful possession of an American alligator skull. In an unrelated case, Baker was shot in April by a shotgun booby trap investigators said was designed to keep people away from a pit bull breeding facility near the Rantowles-Red Top area. The land surveyor said he was surveying a tract when he heard dogs barking and went closer to investigate. Baker was hit by 24 birdshot pellets when the booby trap went off. The owner of the property, David Tant, was charged with assault and battery with intent to kill. Investigators said they still are trying to determine if the expo burglary was part of a larger black-market operation. Sheriff Al Cannon said the motive was easy to discern. "It's a different kind of theft, a different kind of commodity, but the underlying theme is still the same: greed." Robert Constantinou, an organizer of the Lowcountry Reptile and Amphibian Expo, said as exotic animals grow in popularity, thieves are increasingly targeting them. "Exotic animals are the fastest growing animal market in the world, hands down," he said. "We take all the precautions we can to prevent thefts, but where there's a will, there's a way."

Old 02-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #89
WestExHerps
That upsets me more than the actual theft. The fact that all those animals were just tossed on the side of the road to die is ridiculous. If they were going to go to all that trouble to steal all those animals they could have at least taken care of them. Just another reminder why I don't like people all that much.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #90
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas

Shannon, think REAL hard before you reply. Making false registrations to give yourself a good guy post is not the way to help restore your reputation. Denying this will seal your fate as a liar and you won't over come that easily, if ever.
I retract this completely. You are the worst of the worst, a thief and you left helpless animals to die on the side of the road. You need to go away and never come back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!