Info gunit4440@aol.com -- you decide - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
hemingway155
gunit4440@aol.com -- you decide

Hi there folks. I'm posting this review for the purposes of public information. I hesitate to say BAD GUY, but I'm definitely disappointed. The guy's name is Johnny and he posts here on this site, but I have no last name.

I made a deal with him on January 24 in response to an ad on here where he posted 3 bearded dragons. After receiving pictures, we settled on $350 shipped for a GG adult female, via UPS. I immediately paypalled, plus padding to cover any fees. I'm a college prof, and need delivery for either Tuesday or Thursday before 3PM.

He didn't have shipping materials when we made the deal, so I agreed to wait until he did, which he thought would be end of last week. Turned out to be last weekend, and he was supposed to ship today (2/2). I received an email late tonight (7 PM here, so 8 his time) that said there was a problem and I should call him. Upon calling, he informed me that he did not ship (I already cleared my schedule through the afternoon upon confirmation that he would). Apparently he had not checked out his shipping situation. UPS said they could not get it here before 4:00, which was outside the terms of our agreement and they wanted more to ship than he was comfortable paying. He shrugged it off and said he would just have to refund me. Beyond basic disappointment, here are my frustrations:

1) I passed on other animals because I had this one "locked down"
2) I think it's terribly unprofesisonal to commit to terms without verifying you can follow through
3) He took the funds out of his paypal acccount already and he said it would take time to put them back in for a refund.

I guess I can't say that he is malicious in any way, but I would definitely temper expectations before doing a deal with this guy, and I am sure the lizards will be back up on this site soon.

Kris Stroup

Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemingway155 View Post

1) I passed on other animals because I had this one "locked down"
2) I think it's terribly unprofesisonal to commit to terms without verifying you can follow through
3) He took the funds out of his paypal acccount already and he said it would take time to put them back in for a refund.

4) And you're a college professor and don't even know the last name of the guy you are in a transaction with?

Old 02-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Rainbowboaman
He has posted ads in at least 3 different cities in FL on Craigslist. Could your GG be in any on these ads? To me anyone who spends paypal money before completing shipping & being sure customer is happy is a thief. I hope you get your money back. You should send him a link to your thread. Here is links to all he is selling old & new ads http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...i=&safe=images

Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
hemingway155
update

Back again. Since posting, I have received most of the refund in the form of a payment for 331.78 and more is supposedly to follow. I have no doubt it will.

In answer to the condescension, the full name is Johnnie Myers. I have had full contact info in the paypal throughout, but didn't know that it was powerfully relevant to this discussion, since none of the posts have it. I would have been happy to dig it up for anybody who was super concerned. Also, I guess I missed that semester of grad school. My bad, and if you want to have an in-depth discussion of phenomenological or French post-structuralist critical tradition, which are the things I get paid to teach, make sure you give me a heads-up.

Kris Stroup

Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Tiger Lilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemingway155 View Post
In answer to the condescension, the full name is Johnnie Myers. I have had full contact info in the paypal throughout, but didn't know that it was powerfully relevant to this discussion, since none of the posts have it. I would have been happy to dig it up for anybody who was super concerned. Also, I guess I missed that semester of grad school. My bad, and if you want to have an in-depth discussion of phenomenological or French post-structuralist critical tradition, which are the things I get paid to teach, make sure you give me a heads-up.

Kris Stroup
Kris,
Most of us prefer being able to read a scenario complete with ALL pertinent information, the very basic of which would be who, what, where & when. NAMES are ALWAYS important! Links to the ads are always a benefit. Posting on the BOI is always going to illicit a variety of responses, from a variety of people with a variety of questions. It just saves time & energy for everyone. You may find you get a 'better' set of responses when you do include complete info. Realistically, what is the point of posting an informational post that doesn't have the most basic info in the beginning? What were we supposed to decide on...whether all guys named Johnny were bad guys?
(You must've caught Chuck on a good day--if you thought his comment was condescending, do some research; that's him being nice)

Old 02-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
Cat_72
Kris,

While I agree that this guy is one that folks may deserve a bit of a "heads up" on before doing business with him, having an actual name is much more productive than just an email address, especially in this world of "disposable" email addresses. So....yeah, the guys name is obviously relevant.

Best of luck, I certainly hope you receive your full refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!