Inquiry Rare Pythons in Niagara Falls NY - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #151
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
Yes, it's true I have studied genetics. No, it's not true I am defending anyone.
So why are you attaching everyone here? I dont see your dog in this hunt.....

And before you ask, my dog in this hunt is you attacking very respected people on this site and in the hobby like Harald and Gary. They are creditable.... you are not.

Now back to the topic at hand. Does anyone have genetic evidence of Chris' claims? Babies from any clutches he has produced? Even seen babies besides the ones hatched from the farmed females?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #152
norsmis
attaching = attacking..... fat fingers

Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #153
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis View Post
So why are you attaching everyone here? I dont see your dog in this hunt.....

And before you ask, my dog in this hunt is you attacking very respected people on this site and in the hobby like Harald and Gary. They are creditable.... you are not.

Now back to the topic at hand. Does anyone have genetic evidence of Chris' claims? Babies from any clutches he has produced? Even seen babies besides the ones hatched from the farmed females?
I'm not attacking them, I'm challenging them to provide firm data.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #154
norsmis
Quote:
As Chris has been asked to do... with no results. The proof you ask for is out there and been proven by MANY breeders. Do a google search for ivories and you will find all the info you need sir....

Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #155
Suncoast Herpetological
Bill

The basics of Ball python Genetics are not really under discussion here. If you have a grounding in genetics then the concept of recessive, dominant and co-dominant traits should be well within your grasp. Go to Google and type in "Ball Python genetics". A half dozen sites will pop up that explain the basics and cover the existing morphs..

The issue under discussion isn't if the genetics exist, it is whether Chris is misrepresenting his animals.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #156
critical bill
Quote:
Post# 140 & 145 do sort of seem like borderline attacks to me, Bill.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #157
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Bill

The basics of Ball python Genetics are not really under discussion here. If you have a grounding in genetics then the concept of recessive, dominant and co-dominant traits should be well within your grasp. Go to Google and type in "Ball Python genetics". A half dozen sites will pop up that explain the basics and cover the existing morphs..

The issue under discussion isn't if the genetics exist, it is whether Chris is misrepresenting his animals.
Ok, I did that. All I found was a bunch of breeders with a a bunch of anecdotal info.

Maybe you could point me to a site that tells me about the results of breeding my my yellow crested ivory to my triple het reverse black hat semi albino near ghost.

I agree Chris is probably trying to pull a fast one here, but guys like you make it too easy.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #158
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Ok, I did that. All I found was a bunch of breeders with a a bunch of anecdotal info.
So people bred "x" with "y" and got "z". Considering the photographic evidence and the ability to reproduce results in a controlled environment (breeding facility), I'd consider that "anecdotal info" to be data at least, and proof at best.

In addition, I think it is highly unlikely for anyone with any backround in either herps or genetics, let alone both, to be forming the argument you have chosen to. I feel you are intentionally trying to take this thread off topic with your nonsensical remarks....or am I just giving you too much credit?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #159
hhmoore
I'll be the first to agree that much of what is "known" about BP genetics is not based on science, Bill. Most breeders don't have advanced genetics knowledge (some do), and morphs are "tested" by multiple breedings (not necessarily in accordance with scientific method). If you are looking for hard data, vs anecdotal evidence, in the area of snake genetics, I'm afraid you have a long wait....however, I'll submit that some anecdotal evidence is better than others, and reliable information can still be obtained.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #160
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'll be the first to agree that much of what is "known" about BP genetics is not based on science, Bill. Most breeders don't have advanced genetics knowledge (some do), and morphs are "tested" by multiple breedings (not necessarily in accordance with scientific method). If you are looking for hard data, vs anecdotal evidence, in the area of snake genetics, I'm afraid you have a long wait....however, I'll submit that some anecdotal evidence is better than others, and reliable information can still be obtained.
Stop being so nice to the jackass and just open the door with his head as you're throwing him out. No one is going to miss him or think you're just being a meanie.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
christopher casacci, rarepythons