Help...Impacted maybe... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 AM   #21
Cat_72
Alexa, it's great to see that you've got him pooping again! It's crazy how much we can worry over these guys, isn't it?

Old 04-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #22
a1littlesister
I never thought I could get attached to a lizard but I'm as attached to them as I am my dogs and cats. As far as nutritional slurries I don't know what that is. He is still not eating like he should. Honestly I don't know if they are male or females...I posted a picture awhile back and I think most people said one looked like female. What else could I try to get him to eat? Its like after the superworms he don't want anything else and I'm scared to give him more of them. He picked a bit at his salad but mainly ran through it. Tell me what that nutritional thing is and I'll do that. If I have to use a syringe and feed him I can do that. But he did poop again today in the tub and drank water...before he pooped in it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Yes, you can really get extremely attached to them.
Well, how much is he pooping? He may not be impacted at all now, if he is pooping a decent amount.
A nutritional slurry is basically where you mix worms, & or feeders in with veggies in the blender instead of using straight babyfood. Alot of times it is better for them to use that because it has more fiber than babyfood does.
I know it sounds gross, but it is very effective. If you don't have a strong stomach, don't try it! LOL
So yes, that would be through a syringe. If you just cannot get him to eat, then you will need to resort to that until he eats on his own again.
I am glad though, that things seem to be going better for him now. Keep us posted.

Tracie

Old 04-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #24
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

Yes, you can really get extremely attached to them.
Well, how much is he pooping? He may not be impacted at all now, if he is pooping a decent amount.
A nutritional slurry is basically where you mix worms, & or feeders in with veggies in the blender instead of using straight babyfood. Alot of times it is better for them to use that because it has more fiber than babyfood does.
I know it sounds gross, but it is very effective. If you don't have a strong stomach, don't try it! LOL
So yes, that would be through a syringe. If you just cannot get him to eat, then you will need to resort to that until he eats on his own again.
I am glad though, that things seem to be going better for him now. Keep us posted.

Tracie
LOL! Everyone has their own secret slurry recipe. I use applesauce, butternut squash baby food or steamed soft butternut squash, jumpstart, and silkies or pheonix worms. It smells pretty bad, looks worse, but it works.

Congrats on getting your dragon to poo!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #25
builtboy16@aol
Sometimes they do that, i have a bearded dragon and its weeks before they poop so just try make him eat a ballance diet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!