Lee Van Hyfte - GOOD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
vanhyfte24
Thumbs up Lee Van Hyfte - GOOD GUY

I purchased 0.2 Het Albino BP's from Lee a few weeks ago. Quite simply put, they are great looking females that are also great eaters. Lee is a cool guy that knows his animals well and is very passionate about his collection.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
cka
Wow, it's like watching Sybil buy reptiles from herself...I guess "Jason" is the main identity and "Toni" and "Kirk" are "the others" ...

Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhyfte24
I purchased 0.2 Het Albino BP's from Lee a few weeks ago. Quite simply put, they are great looking females that are also great eaters. Lee is a cool guy that knows his animals well and is very passionate about his collection.
Any relation to Lee?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
vanhyfte24
To reply to CKA - I appreciate the skepticism but I don't think your reply is in the spirit of this forum. I'm new to this forum and would never post again if this is the sort of reply I will be getting. Some people really get stuck on the negative...
To reply to SPJ - I don't know if we're related. Lee thinks we are but I'm not really sure. I saw a post online (www.iaherp.org) when his family was involved in the Iowa flooding this spring and he wanted to help his family by thinning out his collection a little to raise some money for them. I never knew him before getting my hets but I'm glad I do now.
Thanks and have fun with your collection. Hopefully I will have some albino, spider, pastel, & bumblebee's available in a few years.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:44 AM   #5
littleleeper23
To rebut I met Jason for the first time in July of 08. For a little funny, he is good friends with my dad's next door neighbor had been next door to my BP collection several times and never even knew they lived there.

Oddly enough he is about the same age as me, lives in iowa, owns a weiner dog like me and is obviously into Ball Pythons. It must have been genes passed on from the dutch. Strange similarities to say the least!! TOO FUNNY!!

As far as relation goes there are only 80 or so Van Hyfte's in the USA. My great grandfather came here in the 1890's and Jason's Greatgrandfather was his cousin. That is as close as we get relation wise.

TO BE honest If I was leaving fake feedback or having others leave fake feedback don't you think I would be more creative than to use the same name?????

Jason was a pleasure to meet for the first time. Good customer (paid the bill) and did so with a smile. A pleasant transaction. I look forward to keeping in touch with him and hope a friendship can be built. We certainly have a fair bit in common.

And CKA I guess free speech from my customers is not allowed in your country. If you question their or my integrity that is just a shame. This is the USA!! Hey they left feedback on their own accord.

I thought that the BOI was specifically designed to find out who is decent and who is not. I guess the verdict is still out on CKA huh? IF you are soooo worried about it, why didn't you just do a whitepages search for them using their name and city to verify, BEFORE opening your mouth in a rude and sarcastic tone? They have their name and state listed in their posts. next time open mouth insert foot! Keeps you out of trouble! NOT everyone in this world is crooked believe it or not. If you questioned my customer why not go to the source and CALL ME. (319)721-6892 I always say there are no stupid questions.

To save you a public records search that I AM sure you would pay for because you would never post without proof RIGHT?
Born in Kewanee, IL moved to CR,IA at age 4, I am 35 years old, Registered Nurse cardiac care, father of 4, 6ft tall blue eyes, balding , divorced once (raised 2 boys by myself from 1994-1996), was pulled over and thrown in jail for forgetting to pay a ticket in 2001 (oops). A few speeding tickets and forgetting to buckle up! Been in 3 minor car accidents. Attended UofI 1991 (bio Major), kirkwood CCU1999-2001 (nursing), and Mt Mercy College in 2001 (bio and nursing). Been keeping reptiles for 21 years since exposed to them in a pet shop in 1986. Helped start the AAGA now AGA with my father, Last remaining charter member of the EIAA (www.finflap.com) seved on their board for multiple terms. Served on the AKA Board of trustees, served on the Board of directors for the Chicago Killifish assoc. Member in good standing of the IHS. Trying to establish an eastern Iowa Herp society. Also I am a christian and occasionally attend CHEF church. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?????????????

If you don't want to buy from me, your loss!! I raise solid animals and do my best to keep my customers happy before and after the sale. THAT is called customer service! A rare thing nowadays. it is also called "responsible pet ownership". Making sure they all have a good and well educated home.

God Bless, Lee Van Hyfte (a very very distant cousin of jason)
(319)721-6892 CALL ME!! ALWAYS happy to talk herps or tropical fish

Old 08-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
jpman78
While I'm not a Van Hyfte I am from Iowa and have met and sold Lee ball pythons. He's a very kind person who is very caring about his animals and his hobby. One of the good guys in my book.

John Dague
JD Constriction LLC
www.jdconstriction.com

Old 08-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #7
Phil Bradley
Lee is a good guy

I haven't purchased from Lee but he did buy a few Black Milks from me in 2007 (or was it '06?). We sent many emails back and forth and at no time did he come off as a scammer.

This board was meant to expose the undesirables in this business but some people try a bit too hard to be the next Sherlock Holmes. Instread they look more like Inspector Clouseau (right cka?).

Old 08-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
cka
Yeah, you may have caught me in a bad mood; long hours, little time, etc...No excuse, was just glancing thru the boi, and all your (Lee's) customer replies look real similar...The oft-repeated "he's a good guy" all done by a kid, or someone too dumb to know how to even halfway cover his @ss...But...if I've put my foot in my mouth you've left a number, and if it's a Verizon it'll even be a free call with an apology, and some chat. I would have to guess you posted your reply after the pm, tho

...and I do like Clouseau...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
John E Dove
Don't feel too bad Mr.(?) Moeller, I also had some question when I spotted the same name thing and I am sure that if Mr L. R. Van Hyfte thinks about it objectively, since he has been around awhile, the similarity in names was bound to raise the question especially given the rarity of people with that name. It was likely the way the questioning was phrased rather than the question itself.

I'm guessing that Mr. L. R. Van Hyfte is a very honorable dealer given the positive report, but I'm not sure about buying from a balding man with blue eyes. (joke)

Old 08-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
I'm guessing that Mr. L. R. Van Hyfte is a very honorable dealer given the positive report, but I'm not sure about buying from a balding man with blue eyes. (joke)
Aw rats.... Guess I can't expect any business either from YOU then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!