About the recent policy change concerning kingsnake.com.. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: What should FaunaClassifieds involvement be with the issues concerning kingsnake.com?
None! Drop the kingsnake.com discussions completely. 11 10.19%
Some discussion is OK, but within narrowly defined criteria. 12 11.11%
Allow an open forum, but delete anything that is obviously overboard. 55 50.93%
Open up a forum and have completely open discussions. Let the cards fall where they will. 26 24.07%
I don't give a darn either way. I'm just here for the entertainment value. 4 3.70%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:11 PM   #41
thomas davis
well?

well i also beleive that all discussions herp related (herp sites too)should be allowed,and jason does seem to be a diehard herper concerned about OUR rights,now i dont know him but from reading his prior post i must say he does have some valid points i do agree with such as,,its not cool to post someones input on a POLL (serious or not) annonimity is the purpose of a poll,not to know someONEs veiw?but EVERYONES veiw,,also the dissention in this hobby is rediculous hillbillie's kicking people in tree's ,ferrets needing to do what ferrets do, its really SAD ,,,, BUT you have done a good job rich AWSOME really and i do not beleive by allowing an open forum on the discussion of other herp websites is a bad thing,people need a place to vent,,, and you as a webmaster do have the responsibility of not playin favorites,and business decision or not must keep it fair which i have allways seen you do,,, until now by posting jason's poll decision?,,,anyway thats my 50cent,,,,,,peace thomas davis T&S reptile farm

Old 06-19-2003, 12:23 PM   #42
Darin Chappell
Thomas,

Jason is a special case because he is an unabashed JeffB/KS appologist, and he has been spying on various sites trying to report anything anti-KS being written on those other herp sites so that his mentor can do what he does to try to quash any dissent. Sorry if my manner of addressing him has been offensive to you. My problem is with Jason. I am not one that wants to divide the herp hobby. In fact, I am trying to smoke out someone who is.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #43
HerpVenue
Great the results are in.

Where is that Web Wars Forum at.

I can't wait to talk about Mario Stinko and all the lies he has been posting on his dying forum.

Not to metnion the fact that he IS the guy named BOYCOTT posting on Kingsnake.

Mario,
keep diggin your dying forum into the ground. I called a truce. I called it quits. I have not said anything about kingsnake or Joe P's forum. I was not saying anything about your forum.....But you want to start your Chit. IT IS ON Mario Stinko. Go ahead and reregister. That way we can see your dilusional paranoid ramblings again.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:45 PM   #44
thomas davis
WELL?

WELL appoligist spy or not he has some valid veiws IMHO,i am not either ,,, i live in houston and have met jeffb a few times after meeting him and seeing how his site is run i came to the conclusion he is a person who really dont give a #$%! about herps he is in it for the $$$,thats one reason i wont do business w/him,,but anyway tryin to smoke someone out who in your opinion is trying to divide this hobby is probably just a waste of time&energy(clean cages) but really this site aint no threat to jeffb i mean come'on what 80-90 people in this poll? do you really think he cares about 80-90people? 8000 or9000 maybe but im not sure if there is that many herpers out there we(herpers/breeders) are a very tiny tiny percentage of the populace,and spies,appoligist,etc, let'em come let them voice on the new board everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as rules are followed and the game is KEPT fair by allowing EVRYONE that courtesy well unless they are just stirring stew anyway Rich i think you should call the new forum"ohh the pain" haha ,,,,,thomas davis T&S reptile farm

Old 06-19-2003, 12:55 PM   #45
Seamus Haley
Quote:
do you really think he cares about 80-90people? 8000 or9000 maybe but im not sure if there is that many herpers out there we(herpers/breeders) are a very tiny tiny percentage of the populace
There's a big space in the center for a happy medium but the statements listed above seem a bit contradictory... First you say that a small amount of people doesn't matter, then you say that the herping population is itself tiny... (There are way more than 9000 reptile owners in the US though).

Either way... Eighty or Ninety people talk to three others, who talk to three others... The total amount grows quickly. Heck, not that long ago it was Me complaining on this site about Kraplan and Adam Block about Barringer... now look at what it has grown into... a far larger group of like-minded people, many of whom are far more reccognizeable.

Which brings up the other point... Ninety people matter a lot when they're the ones who were putting money into banner ads and classified accounts and hosted web sites... Helping with hosted chats and patrolling his forums helping new owners... The quality of the people who have become disgruntled is a major issue too. Some are nobodies (me for instance) but many of them have a far greater impact on the opinions of the "herping community" and it will be felt at an exponential rate as it gets worse (Worse for KS, better for everyone else).

Old 06-19-2003, 12:55 PM   #46
HerpVenue
Forget Jason and Kingsnake.

For me it is now about Mario Stinksobad and geckonetwork.com

p.s. if you all decide to visit. Most of his libel about fauna gets erased. Most of his lies including how he got me banned from fauna has been erased.

Its getting close Mario.
the forum is almost here.
time to expose your lies again.

ps. you say I hacked into your computer and it is in your archives. You said that in a PUBLIC forum with the intent to defame me. I hope you kept your pretend archives. It will come in handy if you ever decide to make good on your empty threats and take me to court.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:56 PM   #47
Ken Harbart
LMFAO...I just read Mario's latest nonsensical rant. I can just imagine him sitting at home wearing a tinfoil hat as he's typing about "liberating" the herp community, along with Rich and myself using "mind control."

For those who want a good laugh, you'll get to see Mario's post, in it's entirety, as soon as the new forum is up and running.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:56 PM   #48
Darin Chappell
Thomas you have a valid perspective. I doubt that anything done on this site will ever rectify the things done on KS or any other site, for that matter. However, in my opinion, that is not the issue. The issue at hand is whether WE will be allowed to voice our views on the issues that do affect us. I share your assessment of JeffB, and I think that, because he is such a force in the industry, those aspects of his motivations need to be addressed.

I am not saying that everything that pours from Jason's mind is trash. I am not discounting every idea he has ever had. I discount his motivations, his loyalties, and his sincerity as they relate to this site. But I am ready to admit that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. Again, my problem with Jason is personal. I was just trying to let you know that, while I am not willing to just ignore the threats that some herpers bring upon us all by their actions, I am not into this "let's divide the industry into several camps and go to war" mentality either.

Old 06-19-2003, 02:00 PM   #49
Classic Dum's
Flawed logic Darin. Trying to smoke me out because I am trying to divide the herp community. Gimmy a break.
Quote:
Jason is a special case because he is an unabashed JeffB/KS appologist,
I am no more an appologist to ksnake then you are to Rich Z and fauna my friend. It doesn’t take much common sense to figure out that out of 4000 members a lot more then 10 would like to see this forum nonsense dropped. Why didn’t they vote? Well one reason could be what I shown above, a year down the road you or any other member could be viewed as a “special case” and have your votes blasted out here for everyone to see for nothing more then Rich’s amusement. Keep in mind Darin I wasn’t always considered a “ks appologist”. Only since Rich has supported this nonsense within his forums has there been “lines drawn”. Same thing could happen to anyone here that crosses that “line” any time in the future. I knew he was watching the polls and that’s bulls%$t.
Quote:
and he has been spying on various sites trying to report anything anti-KS being written on those other herp sites so that his mentor can do what he does to try to quash any dissent.
More flawed logic, Ive been a member of this site far longer then you have. Although I assume your referring to the field forum site? If that’s the case were you spying when you visited the site? Do you still post there regularly? If not why? Because like me when all the excitement about it was going on you wandered over to see why correct? Well when I did I wandered into a conversation about how they wanted some new .com names for the site. The owner had 2 in mind. One he wanted to use specially for the site and the other he wanted to taunt Ksnake with. At that point he didn’t own either of them, if my intentions were that bad I could have bought them both, but I didn’t. I left the one they honestly wanted for their site alone and bought the one they wanted to make a big joke of. They were making a big joke out of how they could black mail people with it and how else they were going to exploit it to make a joke out of it. So I turned the joke on them and grabbed. As we all seen they wernt to happy when their big blackmail joke blew up in their face. Now was I spying on them, No. No more then you or anyone else who followed the links over to see what all the excitement was about and hasn’t returned since all the ruckus stopped.
Quote:
My problem is with Jason. I am not one that wants to divide the herp hobby. In fact, I am trying to smoke out someone who is.
Cut me a break, I am trying to divide the herp community by simply pointing out the flawed logic behind Rich ignoring things that can effect us as a whole, while he focuses on how he is going justify bashing his competition. That’s not trying to divide anyone, that’s calling someone to task. Rich has 4000 members on this site. If Rich would have been focusing on more important things and rallied all 4000 members do you think that bill in WA state would have made it through? But here he is focuses on Ksnake and didn’t even know what was going on. Their trying to pass another one in NY right now lets see if Rich takes any time away from installing his new web wars forum to do anything about that, since he cant deny its been brought to his attention now.
Quote:
Again, my problem with Jason is personal.
Humm now we get down to the truth. I have never dealt with you spoken with you or had a transaction with you. You attack my every word. Are these the morals you preach to the children in your church? Im as much a KS appologist as you are a Rich Z. Fauna appologist.

Old 06-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #50
HerpVenue
mario Stinko,
I know you are reading this. Do not worry. I am currently lobying the powers that be to unban you. After all I want things to be fair. I want you to be able to post to defend yourself. Unlike your website where people who disagree get banned and their posts deleted. Over here you can't delete. And I know that is getting to you.

It is weird. You keep mentioning me by name on your website. But you keep me banned so I can't reply. Then you ban and delete those who speak out against you. Sorry, we do not have YOUR kind of censorship here.

mario,
I find it funny that no one on your website posts to back you up on your own website. And those who actually post.....they post against you. But we can't see those anymore because they got deleted.

you say this site is run by cons.....I hope you can prove that in a court of law.
you say I talk bad against my "competition" i hope you can prove that too.

i know it kills you to know you can't delete my words

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread