Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 38 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #371
StuTennyson
update

These are pics of the 2 het females taken this morning. They both shed last night. It was their 4th shed each since receiving them and the problems began.

Just a reminder as to what this thread is to me. I purchased some snakes that I am not happy with. I don't know what their problem is and it would appear from this thread that nobody else really knows for certain either. But that is beside the point because I don't want them and have asked for a refund. Jerry has agreed to give me a full refund so I am hopeful that will happen.

Stu Tennyson
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #372
Christina Vincent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
Oh and by the way I would also recommend that Stu quarantines his collection now as well unless they were located in a different location with no cross contamination.
With Show Me's advice above 100%

ZD or not, due to the sensitivity of these snakes and the unknown factors of possible disease, this is a very good reminder. While a good keeper quarantines ALL new stock coming in (or should), by the time the possibility of a unknown disease that could be contagious is thought to be present cross contamination has usually had time to happen (washing water/soaking bowls in the same sink, neglecting to wash hands just once, swapping cage lids/hides after washing in same said sink)

I also agree with the 6 month statement Show Me made, the info I read on different conditions (including ZD), all showed large variations in self correcting skin problems and disease incubation times (4-12 months varying per condition and/or disease and individual snake) so Jerry, just to er on the side of caution I would keep these 6 snakes in quarantine for 12 months and document the progress. I say this because in fact it could help put more documentation out there on these beautiful creatures and things that try and wipe them out. If they have a full awesome recovery you have step by step documentation to go with them and posting that somewhere (here @ Fauna of course is my vote lol) could really help someone with similar issues and keep them from destroying a collection on a maybe...(tho at risk of an entire collection I myself would go on that "maybe"). And if for some chance it is ZD and they don't make it, log photograph and save snakes everything and send the info to a university or someone that can further research this and with more knowledge of it find a way to prevent or at least treat it.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #373
StuTennyson
My husbandry techniques have come under scrutiny during the course of this thread. I have responded with details and pics as to how I have maintained these snakes. I've noticed since posting pics showing current humidity that there has not been any comments regarding the possibility that my snakes are being maintained too dry. So I guess that means they are acceptable conditions... It would be nice to see some similar evidence from those that have made recent posts regarding their zonata's and how perfectly healthy they are. Maybe we (I) can learn how better to keep them.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #374
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
It would be nice to see some similar evidence from those that have made recent posts regarding their zonata's and how perfectly healthy they are. Maybe we (I) can learn how better to keep them.
While I can certainly see the relevance of such posts - they would be better suited to the discussion forums (rather than the BOI)

Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #375
JerryKruse
Bobbo, you really have issues too it appears. Nothing more than an antagonistic #!@*. And I still got the same two words for ya, just in capital letters this time. Aggression begets aggression, or didnt you learn that already......thanks for your ill-concern for my mother as well. %@$!#@(#&*$&$^#&........ Hope it never happens to YOU tough guy.

See everyone at month end.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #376
JerryKruse
Oh, and Lucille....you're another one. What is your issue... I have been RESPONDING to others, not generating it. Hope that clarifies it for you. Take care.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #377
Christina Vincent
Stu, your techniques are great, your temps and humidity are ideal and the pics you posted are awesome to help show what a great herp daddy you are. I was only curious about the way the 2 customers that have snakes from the same clutch are keeping theirs. You are 100% right in returning these snakes. They should have been in amazing health and they are not. For what ever the reason they are not, it will be Jerry's to deal with and hopefully you will find new beautiful specimens to actually start what you were trying to accomplish when buying these. I was only curious as to the clutch mates because of some research I did on the ZD, not to have anyone tell you to try anything other than you are doing now.

because of this, I agree with hhmoore, as that info would be better off in the discussion forums. I'm sorry I asked for it on a BOI thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #378
StuTennyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
While I can certainly see the relevance of such posts - they would be better suited to the discussion forums (rather than the BOI)
I can appreciate and understand what you are saying. However, I was trying to be polite and non-accusatory. What I was trying to say was that my husbandry techniques were questioned and I responded adequately. It appeared to me that a few folks responded with testimony on Jerry's behalf (which I don't have a problem with) but felt they should back up what they say with a little evidence like I did. My bad.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #379
TONY D
Stu, this might be a bit off topic but in regards to your, or anyone's husbandry, sometimes all that is needed for a snake or group of them not to thrive is for things to be different. My coastals sometimes have issues when I move them from a shoe box to a sweater box. Some just seem to not like the new surroundings, miss the security of a smaller cage..... or something, your guess is as good as mine as to what the issue is but they stop feeding and don't turn around unless I do something. My solution eventually was to put the shoe box with the lid ajar in the sweater box and let the snake acclimate at its own pace. This is now standard practice and I've had them stay in the sweater box (mostly) for as long as a year.

In any case the point is that the critters can be complex even to us old hats who've been keeping them for years. Having a problem with husbandry is NOT indicative of bad conditions or being a bad keeper. Sometimes despite our best attempts certain animals do poorly for us. In my old diggs I could not keep grey bands and to this day, though I love them, I have cold feet about trying them again in my new place.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #380
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKruse View Post
RESPONDING
Every poster except the OP has responded to something they read. Nice try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!