How did you know it was the Real Thing? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
Lucille
How did you know it was the Real Thing?

Many people date and go out with others, and sometimes that leads to friendship and sometimes it doesn't. Somewhere along the line, some people find someone they want to stay with, and make a life with. How did you know, when it was the Real Thing?

Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
techgirl
mine turned out to be a drunken kiss. long story short, we kissed and it felt like everything fell into place. In both our minds we saw each other having kids and being together. that was pretty much it.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
old guy
Proven fact

PHEROMONES ! Straight up un-adulterated pheromones of attraction AND of physical plus eye appeal attraction. Later ( sometimes sooner ) the inner attraction of wit ? Charm ? etc. Did I say that loves fall into place here as these qualities take hold ? Both has to have the same of the above or mighty close to it. Trouble is > as humans, does these things last in the long term ? I have my doubts as I view all of these dating web-sites of people seeking love again in their 40ties on up. I mean thousands and thousands. Am I cynical of this relationship long term or commitment long term deal as to the attraction falling off and or failing ? Maybe ! There is some research going on of the pheromone theory that " hypothetically " either it fails after some time period of human relationships or is masked in the brain receiving. The research is on how the pheromone/s can be either re-activated on its own ( by us in any sort of way ) or chemically induced. Another problem is though, in a relationship, how does one even with the above prolong the relationship when it is headed south. The dilemma is of keeping it there ( the SPARK ! ) before there is that chance of relationship and commitment floundering..........

Old 06-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
ZX11
I guess the best you can tell if he/she is "the one", is spend a week apart.
Was it difficult?? Did you miss him/her???

Spend months apart. Did you spend about 4005 minutes of long distance, per month,together???

If you answered "yes" to all of the above, do you want to live with this person? And, at the same time, want to kill this person?

"yes" to all of the above, and its safe to say, he/she is "the one".

Old 06-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #5
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX11
I guess the best you can tell if he/she is "the one", is spend a week apart.
Was it difficult?? Did you miss him/her???

Spend months apart. Did you spend about 4005 minutes of long distance, per month,together???

If you answered "yes" to all of the above, do you want to live with this person? And, at the same time, want to kill this person?

"yes" to all of the above, and its safe to say, he/she is "the one".
That's a lovely sentiment....and I had all of that....but I still wound up here.... the bigger question is...does it really exist at all?

Old 06-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
ZenReptiles
True love does exist. And I have met my true love and have been with him for 8 years. You just know. With me and my fiance, all these weird coincidences occured before we had even met each other, and there are so many weird things linking us together. Like for example, before I met my guy, I had the opportunity of taking one of two jobs. Had I taken job A, I wouldn't have met my guy when I did and most likely would've moved back to Toronto. Who knows what would've happened. I chose job B, we met, found out that all our friends were connected together and that there was a lot of strange stuff about the two of us that was the same that couldn't have been.

Now here's an even weirder thing. My fiance's first and middle name is Frank Joseph and he's a jr to his father. My grandfather's middle name is Joseph and my dad's middle name is Frank, and my father is also a jr to my grandfather. Oh, and out of 3 guys I dated before him, 2 had Frank in their name, either first or last.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
Shellybee
How do I know if it is the real thing?

I don’t know. It may feel like the real thing and you come home to find your husband/boyfriend with someone else. I am into initial feelings but I am one of the unlucky souls who do not believe that most (not all) men have a capability to be faithful. I don’t like my time being wasted and I don’t like wasting other people’s time…so I will get back to the point. The point is no one knows. We just have to dive into the water (of life/love) and hope that it is not too shallow (cheater, liar, stealer, etc).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!