Are snakes really that scary?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
Donnie Smith
It can be done. I am happily married to a snake lovin' woman. Granted, I live in Kentucky, and had to import her all the way from California.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
Ed Clark
Ingrid, knowing all about my reptiles this girl gives me the Snakes or me in my face and screaming that she will leave, and she was right. she was gone that same day. HAHAHA
Still looking for a herper chic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catawhat
I am so sick of guys that I meet saying that snakes don't bother them, that they think it is cool that I have them but once they come face to face with the reality of my snakes it freaks them out or threatens them b/c I am more apt to consider my animals before them. Current BF (soon to be ex I am sure) is having a major issue with my animals, won't even come to the house, hates that I spend money on them etc... Ex hubby told me before he left that it was him or the animals and I feel like I am in that situation again. Hmm I wonder what my choice is Sorry,just needed to rant. I know there have to be guys out there who aren't threatened by a girl who has a few little ole snakes.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #13
catawhat
LOL Ed don't blame you a bit! Maybe I should have had the requirement that the guy must have snakes/reptiles before I dated him - the no animals at all should have been a clue.
And Donnie, its great that you found one, even if you had to import her

Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #14
romad119
Was she WC or CB?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #15
Donnie Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
Was she WC or CB?
A California Girl? Definately WILD caught.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #16
romad119
true, I should have let the locale speak for itself. lol.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #17
rlmcritters
I too would like to find a lady herper, here in Va. Been in an up and down relationship for 4 years (not married) with a lady who has never come to my house. Scared to death of them she says! I do boas and ball pythons with a few high end corns, so I do have a few big ones at home lol ! Hopefully I will find someone to share my hobby with before checkout time!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #18
AncientDNA
Looking for a herper chick too.

I can't recall there being a time where having snakes was a deal breaker... but I sure would like to have a GF that would share the interest with me, not just tolerate it.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
epidemic
I suppose I got lucky, as I am now married to an incredibly beautiful and talented woman who enjoys my passion for herpetofauna. Of course I waited until I was well into my 30's to marry, as that is when I met her.
Perfection is a word all too often brought up when discussing relationships. I have found there is no such thing, as we do not live within a utopian world and the true secret to a healthy relationship can be found in communication and mutual respect.
One reason I see so many relationships fail, among men who keep reptiles, is the fact that men are generally quite stingy about their hobbies. Most men have no qualms with dropping hundreds and thousands of dollars into their hobbies, whether such is hunting, fishing or herpetoculture. However, few women spend such exorbitant amounts on themselves, but rather focus such funds on the benefit of the entire household.
Working with Drymarchon spp., a relatively expensive genus to acquire and keep, I have found myself in the situation described. However, my wife enjoys equestrian, an even more time consuming and expensive pursuit, so we have found a balance and balance is the key to domestic tranquility. I help my wife with the horses and she helps me with the snakes. We consult with one another prior to making large acquisitions, as to avoid completely depleting the bank account, and so far have found a great balance.
Guys, I challenge you to this; the next time you take money out of an account to fund your hobby, take an equal amount out of the account and give it to your significant other! Tell her it is for her use for something she alone will enjoy, not for the family or household! My fellow men, I tell you, in doing this you will earn points and for those of you who are deer hunters, you know how important points are! Now, if you are a woman with an expensive hobby, reverse the roles! ;0)
In short, respect and support each others differences and hobbies and do not try to change someone else’s opinion or thought on something, unless they are ready for such. While it helps when two people enjoy the same things, even opposites attract, but we must learn to respect and understand those differences before such attractions can work…

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
tanyah625
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic

In short, respect and support each others differences and hobbies and do not try to change someone else’s opinion or thought on something, unless they are ready for such. While it helps when two people enjoy the same things, even opposites attract, but we must learn to respect and understand those differences before such attractions can work…

Best regards,

Jeff

I enjoy collecting Ball Pythons but my husband could care less about them. He will hold them while I clean cages and goes to get live feeders for my picky eaters but he could happily live without them. Hubby loves his computers, he has at least 7, all of which he built himself, and is currently building another one. I think one is fine and have no need for special ram,mobos, or vid cards. We work it out by buying each other snakes or computer parts. He listens to me talk about snakes and looks at pictures of ones I am interested in. In exchange I listen to him talk about overclocking his computer and sometimes suprise him with a new CPU or mobo.

I don't think couples have to have the same interests but they do need to know how to compromise.

On a side note I know more men that are terrified of snakes than women who are. Go figure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!