(info)( renaissance reptiles/ nerd) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #31
fish21
that thread was pulled down with in 2 mins of being put up. so i moved it to the right section as i put it in general herp there.

This will be the only statement made. LOL (way to admit you are worng before you even start a conversation)

Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #32
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish21
i posted a link that had a lot of info on it. the fact that in the link there is info that is said under oath in a depo means that it had to be true.
The link had info that the person claimed was said under oath.
Anybody can make claims against somebody else, but since you are choosing to broadcast this information some the responsibility falls on you. Do you know if it was ever confirmed that NERD had the issues described in that link? Or, more importantly, that those things might still be an issue NOW? In this hobby, individuals and businesses sometimes run into difficulties with their animals - its one of the hazards of dealing with living creatures. Some may be up front about it, some may choose to keep it quiet...unless there have been complaints of NERD selling animals that have been sick or dying prematurely, there is no reason to send up a warning flag with their name on it.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #33
vinnybocknyg
Sounds like some people enjoy the misfortune of others. Where I come from those people are called " Washwoman"

Old 03-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #34
hhmoore
Quote:
that thread was pulled down with in 2 mins of being put up. so i moved it to the right section as i put it in general herp there.

This will be the only statement made. LOL (way to admit you are worng before you even start a conversation)
And your initial thread here in General Herp was taken down within minutes of my seeing it. I chose to review it, and consider the options, before acting - and still opted to delete it. Robin has no need to come here and explain why a post on that site was deleted, or why you were temporarily banned. I certainly wouldn't feel compelled to go there to explain why I took action against your post here. Stating that the matter is not up for discussion is not an admission of wrong doing - it simply means that it is done.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #35
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Ah! That would explain it. My understanding was that Nigel posted the "lengthy" story this morning about the supposed betrayal by his wife and her involvement with NERD. If it was actually Fish21 reporting second-hand information, then I understand your actions completely.

I, (as I'm sure many others were lead to believe) thought the origianl post from from Nigel.
What was posted by Fish21 in General Herp Talk this morning was nothing more than a link to the Stolen Animals Update that can be found by accessing the link at the start of this thread. (and a sentence to the effect of What do you think of this?)

Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #36
WebSlave
Quote:
Ah! That would explain it. My understanding was that Nigel posted the "lengthy" story this morning about the supposed betrayal by his wife and her involvement with NERD. If it was actually Fish21 reporting second-hand information, then I understand your actions completely.

I, (as I'm sure many others were lead to believe) thought the origianl post from from Nigel.
How did you come about having this understanding? Where was this supposedly posted? I am not aware of any such post, much less one of that nature being deleted.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #37
WebSlave
Quote:

i am just trying to warn others of the sickness and how any snakes bought from nerd could be taken by the court or kill your entire collection when you get them home. regardless of who this thread is about from the biggest breeder in the bizz to the smallest hobbyest. people need to know all the info before they a animal. isnt this what the BOI was made for????
Be that as it may, posting a link from another site which can be deleted at a moment's notice is not the preferred method here for people to state such information. How much value will this thread have to anyone once that linked page is gone?

In most cases, where practical, it is best for the original author to post their own words rather than having someone else quote them or act as a proxy.

The entire reasoning behind this is so that the value of THIS thread will be retained regardless of what happens to the external information being referenced by it.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #38
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

I have been on and off the forum since this morning and haven't seen such a thread posted.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #39
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Be that as it may, posting a link from another site which can be deleted at a moment's notice is not the preferred method here for people to state such information. How much value will this thread have to anyone once that linked page is gone?

In most cases, where practical, it is best for the original author to post their own words rather than having someone else quote them or act as a proxy.

The entire reasoning behind this is so that the value of THIS thread will be retained regardless of what happens to the external information being referenced by it.
The original post was not a link, it was a very lengthy post. Although, I did not respond to it, a couple of other people did - perhaps someone else will come forward to convince you that it existed.. I cannot attest to the fact that the OP was Nigel, but the post seemed to imply that.

Regardless, I feel that the subject matter is at least worthy of proving out. Either to remove any suspicion from Nerd, or to confirm that there is actually something to this allegation.

The detectives on Fauna seem poised to jump on any other rumor presented here - why not this one!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #40
hhmoore
Quote:
The original post was not a link, it was a very lengthy post. Although, I did not respond to it, a couple of other people did - perhaps someone else will come forward to convince you that it existed.. I cannot attest to the fact that the OP was Nigel, but the post seemed to imply that.

Regardless, I feel that the subject matter is at least worthy of proving out. Either to remove any suspicion from Nerd, or to confirm that there is actually something to this allegation.

The detectives on Fauna seem poised to jump on any other rumor presented here - why not this one!
Mike - you state that the original post was not a link...but you didn't see it?
I was on fairly frequently from 4pm until about 10am, and fairly steadily since about 3pm - I have seen nothing that matches what you describe. There were a few comments in the thread I deleted, but nothing that made it worth keeping. I'll pull it up and ID the respondants

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!