(info)( renaissance reptiles/ nerd) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #71
TripleMoonsExotic
Nigel posted his March 2007 Divorce Decree on his web site:
http://renaissancereptiles.com/stolen/decree.shtml

It states there that Gail wasn't awarded the collection, it was supposed to be evenly split after an inventory was made by a "Special Master." So unless something changed between then and now, Gail wasn't awarded the entire collection. Hopefully he'll post more documentation.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #72
fish21
great post verry informative. thanks for keeping the matter at hand.
NO MORE AGENDA'S!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #73
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
If you are going to turn this thread against me to distract for what this thread is about then you are doing your self and every one here a disservice.
It looks like thread is about a disgruntled guy that had a messy divorce...is that what you wanted it to be about?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #74
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish21
I started this tread because there are claims on the link I posted that lead me to be concerned about the animals we all love.

This is not a attack at anybody. I didn’t write a word of the link I posted. I see people in question on the boi all the time. I posted this link because this is herp related, and this involves a hobby that I am involved in and my Friends are involved in.

Bobby Hill who is this someone with the agenda? the only agenda I see here is someone (me) concerned for the health and wellbeing as well as the legal issues that were addressed.

If you are going to turn this thread against me to distract for what this thread is about. Then you are doing your self and every one here a disservice, and I will not post here any more and contribute. As there are enough people dissevering this industry already.
If you say so, however, I do not think you are being 100% honest here. Are you sure Brock did not put you up to this?

As for your proof, you started this thread, so show some proof to back your wonderful link to nothing Fisher. Or are you fishing for something that does not exist?

There is no need for you to concern yourself for a cause that has no meat to back it up. If you and Brock have any proof of these claims, then by all means buck up and post some kind of proof.

Quote:
Fish21: great post verry informative. thanks for keeping the matter at hand.
NO MORE AGENDA'S!
Great post about what? A divorce? Too damn funny!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #75
Cat_72
Ok guys, I was REALLY going to keep my nose out of this one (honest!)....but I kind of feel the need to say something.

While initially, this really didn't seem like "BOI" material, I really don't understand the viciousness of the attack against Matt. Reading Nigel's posts, and not knowing any more of the story, I can see why someone would question what is going on with all of this. Whether he posted in the correct manner, whether it really belonged here or not....I can see why someone may have posted it. If the divorce decree said that the snakes were to be divided, and they weren't....there may be some truth to what was said besides the ramblings of a disgruntled husband. But I don't know. If I thought that I had real reason to believe that there WERE illnesses within NERD's (or anyone else's, for that matter)collection, I would probably ask around with people "in the know" before posting here, but I would have concern.

My point is.......I think some folks, unless THEY have proof of an ulterior motive for Matt's posting this, may need to lighten up a bit on him. I'm not sure how Matt could prove that he DOESN'T have one, really. I don't know Matt.....I'm just sayin.

Anyhoo.........back to the regularly scheduled.......whatever you call it.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #76
Ghi Reptiles
I see where you are coming from but this doesn't have to deal with a specific animal that was either sold or purchased...or a question as to whether or not a specific dealer is a good guy or bad guy...his question was "what do you all think of this?" and he posted a link.

I think people have just answered his initial question about what was on the link and maybe he doesn't like the answers. Maybe Matt can tell us what specific answer he is looking for?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #77
fish21
Cathy thanks for posting that great non bias post.

Bobby i admit it. it was a group of people behind this. the same group that were the shooters on the grassy knoll. ( you need to quit having noon tea with agent Fox Moulder)

Matt Lerer
If you can read that entire link and only get that from it. I don’t know where to start. The messy divorce is only a small part of the grand pic. The who got what/ who left who/ who who who. is not what I am concerned about.

Quotes form the thread and how they are pertaining to the BOI. I am leavening out all the she left me and ran off with him stuff that has no place here.

1. Subsequent investigation led me to discover that Gail had taken these animals and moved them to a facility owned by Kevin McCurley (hereinafter "Kevin") of New England Reptile Distributors (NERD). -------------------------------------------------- proves that NERD is involved nothing more and that Gail had been in nerds facility.

2. Within hours, Gail, Kevin, and Kara (from NERD) began claiming that these animals had been "stolen". According to their claims, many of the "stolen" animals belonged to NERD; this was a lie.-------------------------------------------------------------just proves bad practices and possible lies. and even if the snakes being sold by nigel were gails/NERDS how did nigel come to have these in his possession to sell.

3. - In May of 2006, Kevin purchased two Spiders and a Ghost from Gail, for about $2,000. When asked why he would do this when he has so many Spiders of his own to sell, Kevin replied that he was "trying to help her [Gail] and give her some money". (During her deposition, however, Gail contradicted Kevin's testimony by testifying under oath that Kevin had purchased $6,000-worth of snakes from her);
- When asked "Who owns Renaissance Reptiles?", Kevin replied "I believe it is in her [Gail's] name, but I thought it was still a marriage asset". Apparently, the animals that Kevin considered "stolen" in November of 2005, were now considered by him to be a "marriage asset"; ----------------------------------------------------------------
self explanatory

4. Kevin had the following to say about the state of the reptile market: "As I am experiencing in my business right now, the market is dead. I have just a very difficult time selling animals and I am waiting, it is a very very hard time right now and I am very disillusioned with the business to the point where I'm downsizing and I'm possibly thinking about getting out to some degree-------------------------------------------
again self explanatory

5. 2007, Gail testified on several occasions that the entire Renaissance Reptiles collection was either dead or dying. The reasons that Gail stated to the Court, and to the court-appointed Special Master, are as follows:
- NERD's facility was riddled with Aspergillus mold, and the Renaissance Reptiles collection had been decimated from exposure to this mold;
- NERD's water supply was contaminated with Cryptosporidium, and the Renaissance Reptiles collection had been further decimated from exposure to this pathogen; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is what Gail said in court. And as we know form #1 that Gail did have knowledge of nerds facility. so unless this was a lie under oath witch is punishable by law. This is true.

6. On several occasions, Gail testified to the Court, and to the court-appointed Special Master, that Kevin had been selling Renaissance Reptiles animals to NERD customers. According to Gail's statements, she did not know who the animals had been sold to, and the buyers did not know that the animals were Renaissance Reptiles animals. An obvious inference to be made from Gail's assertions regarding the Renaissance Reptiles collection housed at NERD, is that anyone purchasing a ball python from NERD may have, in fact, purchased a Renaissance Reptiles animal that was sick. Additionally, if Gail is to be believed, there is a distinct likelihood that many NERD animals may have been similarly afflicted by Aspergillus and/or Cryptosporidium. -------------------------this is the one that is the main reason I posted this link on here. For the main reason that this was said by Gail in court. And to -appointed Special Master

7. In April of 2007, the Probate Court appointed a Special Master charged with the responsibility of inventorying and liquidating the assets of Renaissance Reptiles. The Special Master is the only person with the authority to sell or authorize the sale of Renaissance Reptiles assets. Be advised that anyone purchasing Renaissance Reptiles animals or equipment either from Gail or NERD run the risk of having their purchase seized by the Special Master. If you are considering a purchase from NERD, ask the following questions:
- Is this a Renaissance Reptiles animal...???
- Has this animal been exposed to the Aspergillus that Gail states was widespread at NERD...???
- Has this animal been exposed to the Cryptosporidium that Gail states was in the NERD water supply...??? -----------------------------------------------------------
This would scare the crap out of me had bought snakes from NERD. And I felt people had the right to know about this.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #78
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
6. On several occasions, Gail testified to the Court, and to the court-appointed Special Master, that Kevin had been selling Renaissance Reptiles animals to NERD customers. According to Gail's statements, she did not know who the animals had been sold to, and the buyers did not know that the animals were Renaissance Reptiles animals. An obvious inference to be made from Gail's assertions regarding the Renaissance Reptiles collection housed at NERD, is that anyone purchasing a ball python from NERD may have, in fact, purchased a Renaissance Reptiles animal that was sick. Additionally, if Gail is to be believed, there is a distinct likelihood that many NERD animals may have been similarly afflicted by Aspergillus and/or Cryptosporidium. -------------------------this is the one that is the main reason I posted this link on here. For the main reason that this was said by Gail in court. And to -appointed Special Master

7. In April of 2007, the Probate Court appointed a Special Master charged with the responsibility of inventorying and liquidating the assets of Renaissance Reptiles. The Special Master is the only person with the authority to sell or authorize the sale of Renaissance Reptiles assets. Be advised that anyone purchasing Renaissance Reptiles animals or equipment either from Gail or NERD run the risk of having their purchase seized by the Special Master. If you are considering a purchase from NERD, ask the following questions:
- Is this a Renaissance Reptiles animal...???
- Has this animal been exposed to the Aspergillus that Gail states was widespread at NERD...???
- Has this animal been exposed to the Cryptosporidium that Gail states was in the NERD water supply...??? -----------------------------------------------------------
This would scare the crap out of me had bought snakes from NERD. And I felt people had the right to know about this.
Don't let it scare the crap out of you Matt...if there were problems with snakes sold it would be all over the internet and especially all over the BOI...so problem solved

Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #79
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
My point is.......I think some folks, unless THEY have proof of an ulterior motive for Matt's posting this, may need to lighten up a bit on him. I'm not sure how Matt could prove that he DOESN'T have one, really. I don't know Matt.....I'm just sayin.

Anyhoo.........back to the regularly scheduled.......whatever you call it.
Well, see the part that Matt is not telling is how this thread was an attempt by him and someone else to take a pot shot at NERD. Of course he is not going to buck up and tell the truth. But that was/is the agenda behind his little game.

Quote:
(info)( renaissance reptiles/ nerd)
Info? Yea, it is info alright, of a bad divorce, nothing more. Sorry Matt, but ya gotta do better than that.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #80
Ghi Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!