any dealings with outback reptiles? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-24-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
lavta3
any dealings with outback reptiles?

went to the va show this morning, ended up buying a ball there. well i looked at the ball at the show and didnt see any signs that it was sick or anything. after dropping the snake off at the house i went to practice ofr a few hours. well when i came back i checked on the snake and guess what i found... it def had bubbles comming out of the mouth, so its got an RI. the temps and everything were good in the set up at my house.
now the ball is lifting its head up to breath and its def struggling. just a lil pissed off that they sold me a sick snake. and wanted to know if anybody else had dealings with them? the worst part is that i cant take the ball to the vet no earlier then thursday. this sucks

Old 10-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #2
The Reptile House
which company are you refering to?

There are 2 Outback Reptile Companies that do shows, which one are you refering to. Who were the owners?

Shanell- The Reptile House

Old 10-24-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
Tim Rash
I am just guessing but is it Ian from Va? If so you should contact him right now and let him know what's going on. I have not bought from him in years but I know he is a stand up guy just contact him asap. Don't put it off.

Tim

Old 10-24-2004, 11:17 PM   #4
lavta3
good to hear he is a good guy, i unfortunelty didnt get any contact info from him... if anybody has any info on ian i would greatly appreciate it! not trying ot make a mess on here, just trying to straighten things out.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:05 AM   #5
The Reptile House
An idea

You can get a hold of the promoter that put on the show and they should have the list of venders and contact info. Maybe they can help.

Shanell - The Reptile house

Old 10-25-2004, 11:37 AM   #6
lavta3
OUTSTANDING

Just as and FYI and an update on this situation: I have gotten in touch with Ian and talked with him for a lil bit. After speaking with him, I am honestly impressed, he was more then willing to talk about it and clear the misunderstanding up! (cheers)
I now see that I did all that worrying for no reason. He will ship me another snake and we will work out an arrangement for the snake that I currently have.
Thanks a lot to the poeple that helped me with the contact info.

Val Osipenko

P.S. I also want to apoligize for my previous post, I was in a really bad mood, it was very unprofesional! Ian, I was wrong on this one!

Old 11-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #7
lavta3
Another update

Well Ian and I managed to get in contact and work things out. He ended up comming into town and hand delivering the replacement BP and also threw in a lil something extra. Both BP's are very nice looking.
I'm very happy that I did business with him and I would def buy from him again!!
Just wanted to clear things up and let everybody know how things turned out. Thanks to everybody who responded with the info!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!