bad experience with reptile kingdom - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
Are you saying you have no record of this dealing outside of a phone conversation? If so, it's unfortunate, and it will most likely be very difficult to recoup any losses. E-mail/paper trails have a way of keeping people at least somewhat honest. With none of this, he can just as easily say he's never heard of you.
I imagine there would still be some sort of paper trail, shipping documentation for example. It would be difficult to claim he never heard of someone if there was documentation that he received a delivery from them. Granted, e-mails would make for a stronger case, but at least there is some record of their interaction taking into account phone records as well.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #12
MikeCurtin
True...I may have exaggerated w/ the "never heard of you" comment, but phone and delivery records will show no agreement between the 2 parties, and collecting based on that alone will be nearly impossible. I hate to be accused of being another jerk from Jersey, but poor planning and judgment may have just cost Chris and his girlfriend $1500 in animals...here's another reason to C.Y.A.!!!!

I hate scammers and still wish you the best of luck, Chris.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #13
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
True...I may have exaggerated w/ the "never heard of you" comment, but phone and delivery records will show no agreement between the 2 parties, and collecting based on that alone will be nearly impossible. I hate to be accused of being another jerk from Jersey, but poor planning and judgment may have just cost Chris and his girlfriend $1500 in animals...here's another reason to C.Y.A.!!!!

I hate scammers and still wish you the best of luck, Chris.
True, but you know what they say about hindsight. Could be they have learned a valuable lesson at a very high price. Or it could be that they will still get paid, I thought I read in an earlier thread that a couple of people had the same problem but eventually received payment?

Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
ravensgait
If looking for proof of your transaction is nit picking then so be it.

Sam, you have a point but does this guy have proof he shipped 41 dragons or even 1. We don't know and Chris here seems more inclined to piss and moan than to provide any documentation.

Chris, the point is I could start a thread here saying Chris Sulwar Bad guy! He took my 41 Dragons and never paid me!! And folks here are going to want to see proof that we did any kind of business, without that who's to say what happened. So keep on doing what you have been IE insulting everyone who might be able to help you or get your chit together and provide some proof and we'll see what we can do.

Now were these dragons yours or your girlfriends?
How and when did you ship and do you have a tracking number? . Randy

Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
ravensgait
Sam you're correct in other threads people had to get on Allen's butt but they did finally get paid.. Randy

Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
memnoch1970
i have between the two of us 5 e mails, the ups info and phone records from both my cell phone, her cell phone, and our home phone. i got plenty of proof. i got a little somebody my family knows in jersey as well. in the law enforcement area so will see how he wants to play this out. we can do it nicely or nasty his choice.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
michaelynn
was just currious if you ever got paid. I am in a similar situation: and here is my experience will Allen Both and Reptile Kingdom: I responded to an add he posted on kingsnake.com where he was looking for breeders to supply his buisness with reptiles. After a few email exchanges we came to an agreement and I shipped him the reptiles. Now its four months later and I still have not recieved payment and he has refused to answer/return call and email. So now I'm out $1400.00 and this loss has forced me to reduce my collection and I maynot be able to afford to breed my animals this year.

I have already filed reports with local law inforcement, I3C, the NJ BBB, and filed a complaint with kingsnake.com. To be honest I have little faith in the system due to flagerant failures in the past but I just wanted to add a bit of info and help prevent people from dealing with this individual in the future.

And before anything is said about it, I have saves all documents and emails detailing the agreement from the initial posting made by Allen up to the last contact attempt made which he has quit responding to.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #18
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch1970 View Post
i have between the two of us 5 e mails, the ups info and phone records from both my cell phone, her cell phone, and our home phone. i got plenty of proof. i got a little somebody my family knows in jersey as well. in the law enforcement area so will see how he wants to play this out. we can do it nicely or nasty his choice.
well some kind of proof would be great. but being on the front page 3 different times for the same problem? Knowing the following i think his actions are speaking louder than the op.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!