Info Fluker Farms / Fluker Labs - Need Information? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
dragonbreeder88
Fluker Farms / Fluker Labs - Need Information?

I heard some very disturbing news about Fluker Farms / Fluker Labs building a new Bearded Dragons facility in El Salvador. I want to know if anyone here knows any of the ownership details of this new dragon farm that is being constructed in El Salvador because I really can't believe what I just head about who really owns it and I would like someone else to confirm it here first before I made a commit on it myself.

Doug Wilson

Old 04-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Magic Merlin
Sounds very interesting, please provide links if you have them. Thanks

Old 04-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Hans242
Fluker Family Soap Opra

Sorry for bad english but my native is german.

The second Fluker farm is belonging to David and Diane Fluker of Fluker Farms USA (a.k.a. Fluker Labs). Inside story about farm is that Fluker Farm owners USA want to build new farm to compete against own brother (Howard) and father (Richard) who have farm based in El Salvador. This is confusing yes, but I explain all below.

As to relation with the parties, I Howard’s friend of around 15 years. We buy Iguanas and Bearded Dragons from Howard’s and father farm in El Salvador for reptile company in Germany, which has suppliers from Honduras as well. In this regard, we also to visit Honduras (other supplier) and El Salvador to see his farm periodically. Some while back we met his brother, David Fluker, some 13-16 years back at Fluker Farms stand in trade fair in Nuremberg Germany. David seemed pretty nice man when met first time but not think so now after what he try to do to own brother and own father as explanation in this post you will see.

Last time we visit with Howard at farm in El Salvador was last year in October 2009 when we also had a chance meeting with his father, Richard Fluker, he is older man, crippled and was confined to wheelchair for movements. It seem Richard Fluker have strong religious beliefs and seem to be good man with good spirit and very strong in his mind and is particularly pleased by Howard's efforts to help poor children in El Salvador through the ReptileRepublic Community School, which established around 8-10 years back. Howard take me to see school many times when visited him which is located next to farm in El Salvador. I really like idea that from my company buy reptiles from them and that help support childrens school. Reptile school which is located next to farm and is 100% funded by Howard and reptile farm. Local underprivileged young children learn English and computer skills in school so they can get jobs when graduated in call centers spread across El Salvador. According to Howard, the school imparts education 100% free paid by farm by income made from he and father’s reptile farm to help around 50 young children students at any given time. Howard said that inspiration to build school came to him from father, Richard, who built hotel for children in a rural part of the USA several years ago to also help children.

In month of fall this coming year, after National Reptile Breeders Expo 2010, we planning another visit to El Salvador where I’ll take a few pictures of childrens school and post pics here. I think Howard tell us that school also have a website. Later get URL from Howard and post here on this board. Thinking to also share link to this post with Howard because he should know that this forum post exist.

And now some insight into company and people behind it! According to Fluker Farms own website http://www.flukerfarms.com/aboutus.aspx Richard Fluker (father) started main company, Fluker Farms, in 1953.

From what I know, he gave company he start to his children many years ago. The siblings - David, Howard and Diane - and father, Richard, were all equal partners in reptile farm in El Salvador, and they also partners dry reptile products company a.k.a Fluker Labs and cricket farm operation in United States, known as Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs.

From my own memory, David always run US operations of breeding crickets and selling dry reptile products a.k.a Fluker Labs. Howard always run El Salvador operations of breeding Iguanas and Bearded Dragons. About 3 years back, it seem that David and Howard had big disagreement on direction companies were heading. This disagreement result in split in the ownership of companies a little more than 3 years ago.

David and sister, Diane, took US operations of breeding crickets and making and selling Fluker Lab dry reptile products. Howard and father, Richard, took El Salvador operations www.reptilerepublic.com of breeding Iguanas and Bearded Dragons.

However, from what know me, the split was far from friendly. Since David and Diane Fluker a.k.a Fluker Laboratories www.FlukerFarms.com make a Dragon farm in USA just after they split company then the two groups are basically in competition with each other. Howard say me that David and Diane have their company in USA and is not understand why they want compete with he and his father because USA company Fluker Labs is many, many times larger than El Salvador company. Moreover, in past years before they split company, whenever we to visit Howard in El Salvador, he always having some dispute with brother David who run Flukers back in USA.

This family drama took very interesting turn when couple years back, I learned David Fluker hired Howard Fluker ex-wife / ex-manager to help him start his new dragon farm in USA just few months after company split then Fluker Farm USA have Bearded Dragon operation in USA to compete with brother and father. Before their divorcing or her and Howard, she was his main Bearded Dragon production manager at El Salvador farm. But later she quit working for David at Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs USA and resumed working for again for Howard her ex husband at El Salvador farm. Howard tell me that she still work for him in El Salvador and is now partner in El Salvador farm.

During last visit to Howard Farm in El Salvador last year in October, we learned that David and Diane Fluker were making final grand plans to move Bearded Dragon operations from USA to El Salvador. To fructify his plans, David also tried to hire Howard’s ex wife again from Howard and Fathers Farm, at time she his current production manager in El Salvador, they try this before they started plan move to El Salvador but she stay with Howard. It seem that Davids plan was to hire Howard current manager (ex wife, again) to build another farm in El Salvador that could give tough competition to his own brother and own father’s farm. Kind of sad since the father gave David and Diane Fluker farm in USA to them in first place and it not good to make competition for their very own father using the very same business he gave them years ago in first place. And then do it in the fathers and brotherd own back yard so to speak in El Salvador and try to use brothers own ex wife/ex manager in grand plan against them. Howard tell me he think brother jealous of how big he make Dragon farm with fast grow and David not grow Flukers USA same fast as Howard. But Howard say he not understand why David and Diane jealously because Farm in USA many time size of farm in El Salvador. This should be American soap opra!

To specifically answer your question, we think David and Diane initiated steps in their grand plan to move Dragon farm from USA to El Salvador. However, I try to get more from Howard when email him to inform about this post. Not sure if he will do so but I request to Howard to post some info here but do not think he want to say anything public. Howard do not like talk much about this family situation in public largely due fear that financial behemoth by name of Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs USA could destroy he and his father’s much smaller company in El Salvador.

Finally, a disclaimer! Since I friends with Howard, the story may seem somewhat biased and inclined in favor of Howard and father. I invite if anyone out there knows a thing or two about behind-the-scenes situation in this family saga/drama post info here.

Hans Schulze

Old 04-17-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
dragonbreeder88
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans242 View Post
Sorry for bad english but my native is german.

The second Fluker farm is belonging to David and Diane Fluker of Fluker Farms USA (a.k.a. Fluker Labs). Inside story about farm is that Fluker Farm owners USA want to build new farm to compete against own brother (Howard) and father (Richard) who have farm based in El Salvador. This is confusing yes, but I explain all below.

As to relation with the parties, I Howard’s friend of around 15 years. We buy Iguanas and Bearded Dragons from Howard’s and father farm in El Salvador for reptile company in Germany, which has suppliers from Honduras as well. In this regard, we also to visit Honduras (other supplier) and El Salvador to see his farm periodically. Some while back we met his brother, David Fluker, some 13-16 years back at Fluker Farms stand in trade fair in Nuremberg Germany. David seemed pretty nice man when met first time but not think so now after what he try to do to own brother and own father as explanation in this post you will see.

Last time we visit with Howard at farm in El Salvador was last year in October 2009 when we also had a chance meeting with his father, Richard Fluker, he is older man, crippled and was confined to wheelchair for movements. It seem Richard Fluker have strong religious beliefs and seem to be good man with good spirit and very strong in his mind and is particularly pleased by Howard's efforts to help poor children in El Salvador through the ReptileRepublic Community School, which established around 8-10 years back. Howard take me to see school many times when visited him which is located next to farm in El Salvador. I really like idea that from my company buy reptiles from them and that help support childrens school. Reptile school which is located next to farm and is 100% funded by Howard and reptile farm. Local underprivileged young children learn English and computer skills in school so they can get jobs when graduated in call centers spread across El Salvador. According to Howard, the school imparts education 100% free paid by farm by income made from he and father’s reptile farm to help around 50 young children students at any given time. Howard said that inspiration to build school came to him from father, Richard, who built hotel for children in a rural part of the USA several years ago to also help children.

In month of fall this coming year, after National Reptile Breeders Expo 2010, we planning another visit to El Salvador where I’ll take a few pictures of childrens school and post pics here. I think Howard tell us that school also have a website. Later get URL from Howard and post here on this board. Thinking to also share link to this post with Howard because he should know that this forum post exist.

And now some insight into company and people behind it! According to Fluker Farms own website http://www.flukerfarms.com/aboutus.aspx Richard Fluker (father) started main company, Fluker Farms, in 1953.

From what I know, he gave company he start to his children many years ago. The siblings - David, Howard and Diane - and father, Richard, were all equal partners in reptile farm in El Salvador, and they also partners dry reptile products company a.k.a Fluker Labs and cricket farm operation in United States, known as Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs.

From my own memory, David always run US operations of breeding crickets and selling dry reptile products a.k.a Fluker Labs. Howard always run El Salvador operations of breeding Iguanas and Bearded Dragons. About 3 years back, it seem that David and Howard had big disagreement on direction companies were heading. This disagreement result in split in the ownership of companies a little more than 3 years ago.

David and sister, Diane, took US operations of breeding crickets and making and selling Fluker Lab dry reptile products. Howard and father, Richard, took El Salvador operations www.reptilerepublic.com of breeding Iguanas and Bearded Dragons.

However, from what know me, the split was far from friendly. Since David and Diane Fluker a.k.a Fluker Laboratories www.FlukerFarms.com make a Dragon farm in USA just after they split company then the two groups are basically in competition with each other. Howard say me that David and Diane have their company in USA and is not understand why they want compete with he and his father because USA company Fluker Labs is many, many times larger than El Salvador company. Moreover, in past years before they split company, whenever we to visit Howard in El Salvador, he always having some dispute with brother David who run Flukers back in USA.

This family drama took very interesting turn when couple years back, I learned David Fluker hired Howard Fluker ex-wife / ex-manager to help him start his new dragon farm in USA just few months after company split then Fluker Farm USA have Bearded Dragon operation in USA to compete with brother and father. Before their divorcing or her and Howard, she was his main Bearded Dragon production manager at El Salvador farm. But later she quit working for David at Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs USA and resumed working for again for Howard her ex husband at El Salvador farm. Howard tell me that she still work for him in El Salvador and is now partner in El Salvador farm.

During last visit to Howard Farm in El Salvador last year in October, we learned that David and Diane Fluker were making final grand plans to move Bearded Dragon operations from USA to El Salvador. To fructify his plans, David also tried to hire Howard’s ex wife again from Howard and Fathers Farm, at time she his current production manager in El Salvador, they try this before they started plan move to El Salvador but she stay with Howard. It seem that Davids plan was to hire Howard current manager (ex wife, again) to build another farm in El Salvador that could give tough competition to his own brother and own father’s farm. Kind of sad since the father gave David and Diane Fluker farm in USA to them in first place and it not good to make competition for their very own father using the very same business he gave them years ago in first place. And then do it in the fathers and brotherd own back yard so to speak in El Salvador and try to use brothers own ex wife/ex manager in grand plan against them. Howard tell me he think brother jealous of how big he make Dragon farm with fast grow and David not grow Flukers USA same fast as Howard. But Howard say he not understand why David and Diane jealously because Farm in USA many time size of farm in El Salvador. This should be American soap opra!

To specifically answer your question, we think David and Diane initiated steps in their grand plan to move Dragon farm from USA to El Salvador. However, I try to get more from Howard when email him to inform about this post. Not sure if he will do so but I request to Howard to post some info here but do not think he want to say anything public. Howard do not like talk much about this family situation in public largely due fear that financial behemoth by name of Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs USA could destroy he and his father’s much smaller company in El Salvador.

Finally, a disclaimer! Since I friends with Howard, the story may seem somewhat biased and inclined in favor of Howard and father. I invite if anyone out there knows a thing or two about behind-the-scenes situation in this family saga/drama post info here.

Hans Schulze
I posted the question because I had heard, although not in such detail, some of the same details of what Hans just posted here.

I had not really heard any good things about Howard Fluker in the past, but this David Fluker guy sounds like a real sicko. Anyone who would use the resources of a company given to him by his father and then use it against his own crippled father to compete with him deserves no support from me. I can tell you that after reading Hans story that I will never ever buy a Fluker Labs product or Fluker Farms cricket again. I will also ask all of my friends to come and read this and not to buy their products either. I will also ask them to tell their friends to come and read this and also never buy anything with the “Fluker Farms” – “Fluker Labs” name on it ever again.

Against his own crippled father…… What an Jerk

Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
zzzdanz
With the operations they have, being so large. You may just be buying from them and never even know it.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
Magic Merlin
Now this is just my opinion so..........It appears to me on the surface that their are 4 people(father +3 kids) in a disagreement about the direction of this company....2 against 2....without seeing all the facts and being a life long watcher of All My Children (LOL), it looks like David and Howard's ex are now having an affair and have hatched out a plot to cause Richard soo much stress that in his weakened health he will keel over of a heart attack leaving a David and Diana in majority rule with the ex-wife pulling all the strings.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
J.Henderson
As many of the older members here know, I have been friends with Howard Fluker for some 7 years or so. We met in 2003 in his reptile chat room. I've been around and chatted with Howard during the time that most of the problems with David unfolded. I guess you could call me biased because I have only seen things from one side and through Howards telling. I believe that Howard is honestly a good man and have not found him to be deceitful or vengeful. During the time before Fluker Farms/Fluker Labs USA and the farm in El Salvador split I did speak with David on one or two occasions via telephone. Personally I found him to be short and abrupt. He wasn't personable at all. That was just my impression, some people just come across that way on the phone. Howards father was completely different however. When I called his house to speak with Howard, his father would answer and was extremely polite and good natured. Moving on...

In my opinion this is really sibling rivalry at it's worst. It seems that David's only motive has been to drive Howard and his father out of business. It started long before the company's split. David never seemed to like the success that Howard had with the reptiles in El Salvador. Hans may not have known this but, Howard's ex-inlaws were working for him and he had to let them go, they were immediatly hired by David and are currently ( as far as I know ) helping him in his mission to setup a competing business in El Salvador. For me it's both a question of business ethics and family. David doesn't seem to have a clue about either one.

I do know about the school in El Salvador. Howard and his father have had this going for years and years. I don't believe there is a website for it, but I've known about it for a very long time. I know that at times over the past few years Howard has helped me out of tight financial situations. He has done so without a moments hesitation. I couldn't ask for a better friend to be honest. I highly doubt that Howard will ever post publically about his family or his business. It's just not his style. I'm not even sure it would be okay with him for me to post this here. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the whole situation.

Thanks,

Jeffrey A. Henderson

Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
Ed Clark
This is funny, everyone has heard something...is guessing at this that or the other.

If they are going to produce healthy bearded dragons to sell I say good luck to them.

All the hearsay and chatter about the affair or the fact that anyone does not like a Fluker for any reason has no bearing on their business venture.

Is Joe Capone involved?

Old 04-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreeder88 View Post
I heard some very disturbing news about Fluker Farms / Fluker Labs building a new Bearded Dragons facility in El Salvador.

Doug Wilson
OK Doug I'll bite!

Tell us all what that disturbing news is and why do you need information?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!