Am I wrong here??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
barbie
Am I wrong here???

Hi, I am just trying to see if I'm in the wrong here? I was under an agreement to purchase a dragon on the 20th. I was dealing with Dr appointments and everyday life and was not on fauna for about a week. I got on to check my messages and the classifieds to find some messages about my deal and the dragon back up for sale. It's not the 20th yet. I feel bad I couldn't contact for a week but isn't putting a dragon you agreed to sell someone back up for sale before the date just too much? I'm confused!!

Old 03-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
barbie
Any opinion would help! Thanks

Old 03-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
Helenthereef
Did you give a deposit to hold the dragon?

Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 AM   #4
chrisis697
When it comes to selling animals in this hobby, if no deposit is made the animal is still available. There is alot of window shoppers out there or ppl who think they want a pet but then actually think about it & realize they cant. If you didnt put a deposit down, i dont feel the seller is at any fault. Just my opinion, good luck.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
Snake-Queen
If you did not place a deposit on the animal, it is technically still for sale.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
barbie
Ya no deposit and i respect his decision, can't argue at all! But he is mad at me for not responding. I feel like hey if I still have a week and I just couldn't get to you right away then don't be mad!

Old 03-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
chrisis697
I agree, no reason to be mad.
Id be mad all the time if i worried about all the dead end inquiries i have had, hahaha
Come on spring!!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #8
sschind
Its probably a case of miss-communication and I don't mean simply from not being in contact for several days. To me an agreement is an offer to buy and an acceptance of the offer.

The way the OP has presented her side of the story I would be inclined to think he seller is in the wrong based on my interpretation of the word agreement and my assumption that there was in fact an agreement made.

I have two questions for the OP however. First, what was the nature of the messages about your deal and second did he specifically say he would hold the animal until the 20th or did he simply say "OK" when you told him you couldn't pay until the 20th? The former would definitely make it an agreement in my book, the latter, its still an agreement IMO but not as clear and is open for interpretation or more likely misinterpretation.

In the case of the latter the seller may assume the buyer is aware that the animal is still available for sale since no deposit was made and he did not specify that he would hold it. The buyer may assume the animal would be held for her since the seller agreed that her paying on the 20th was OK. Miss communication/misinterpretation .

Deposits do not really come into play unless specified. All that is required is an offer and an acceptance.

If you told me you wanted something but couldn't pay for it until Friday and I simply said "OK" I would consider that an agreement and I wouldn't sell the animal to anyone else prior to Friday. If I wanted the option to sell it before then I would make it clear to you that it would remain for sale until you could pay for it. If I were the buyer I would specifically ask if the animal would remain for sale.

Depending on the true nature of the "agreement" I might cross the seller off my list of potential vendors but in any event I'd chalk the whole thing up to experience and move on.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #9
barbie
It was a very clear deal for purchase on the 20th. A full very well planned agreement! We have talked today and he was just worried from past experience and jumped the gun on putting the animal back up for sale. I think so many of us have been through the ringer with sales, agreements, or purchases going wrong! My opinion, don't let it ruin being proffesional! Keep your composure and deal with every sale as though it's right in front of you. Customer service is huge to me

Old 03-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
Snake-Queen
Not as reason to be mad.

Professionalism should hold, no matter the situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!