Getting a Beardie next year - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
TerraSynn
Question Getting a Beardie next year

Hiya! I'm not new to fauna, I had an old account and had a Leo years ago. Sadly she passed away several years ago . I'm finally ready for a new lizard and want a beardie. I know most of the basics for owning a lizard, but not the specifics for a beardie. I have a friend that is going to give me good discounts (a manager at a pet supply store) for the set up. Is there anything specific I need to get supply wise? Also, is it better to start with a hatchling or an older one? I kinda want to get a rescue beardie. Give love to one that was abandoned. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
Lucille
I think bearded dragons are terrific and I've owned several. Here's a suggestion: check out the classifieds and the BOI and pick out a vendor whose dragons you admire and who has good reviews. Tell them what you want and maybe when you are ready they will have or know of someone who has exactly what you are looking for. They can advise you too, as to supplies.
I think rescuing is commendable but for your first beardie, maybe it would be nice to have one who is happy and healthy.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:32 AM   #3
Reptiles 101
definitely for your first dragon you want it to be healthy. I would recomend a juvinile for a first time dragon owner around 3 to 5 month is a good age and most of the time do very well. As for decor news paper or paper towels for beeding sand is ok too just is heavy and my mom dosnt like the mess it makes in my room, you will want to have a shallow water dish or mist him daily, as for lighting if your going to put him in a fish tank around 20-40 gallon size i highly suggest a mercury vapor bulb i use mega ray but powersun is good as well. I know theres a lot im missing but these are just the basics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!