1.1 boa constrictor to good home in Oregon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
charmer
1.1 boa constrictor to good home in Oregon

1.1 Boa constrictors for adoption.
I have a male BCI that may in fact, be a mutt of some sort. I adopted him awhile back and he came to me infested with mites. He has long since been mite free, eating well and healthy. He has a bit of a lump on the top of his nose from rubbing, I honestly don't know if it will ever go away completely. He needs some TLC and I have no more free time for him. He had a wheeze awhile back, but with increased temps it abated. I used to hold him quite often, he is handleable and has a decent attitude, but with any snake you need to be able tell when they have had enough... he has nipped me twice since I've had him. He once bred the female I'm offering also, but she has trouble carrying young full term.

I have a big gal I want to go to a GOOD home too. I adopted her almost 5 years ago. She has a few white spots on her, they are scars from burns I believe. Her length is between 8 and 9ft and I have attempted to breed her 3 times in almost 5 years. Each time she has thrown premature young with slugs. I tried a new male this year (the one above) and she did the same thing. She is not being given away as a breeder, I would like her to go to a good home. She eats a rabbit twice a month. I have never been bitten by her. She only strikes at movement during feeding time, when the scent of food is in the air, so it would be a good time to be cautious especially because of her size. Her name is LuLu and if I had the time and space, I would keep her, she is a darling; very curious and loves to be allowed to roam free in grass yards (under supervision of course). I am very attached to this gal, in fact, if I am not sure of someones ability to care for a snake her size properly, I will keep her.

I will need to know what kind of habitat you have set up for these animals up front before I entertain an adoption and what kind of experience you have. These animals need forever homes, and if you lose interest in them, I'd like the opportunity to find them new homes opposed to them being displaced into a situation where they are neglected because of lack of time or funds. If you live near me, I can, and would be willing, to provide rats at a reasonable price if you cannot find rabbits or rats through someone else.
I love these animals and want them to go to a good, knowledgeable home; I can't seem to say that enough! Feel free to email me with questions and for pictures.
Thanks!
Stephanie
Here is a pic of LuLu gravid in a Heat conservation Coil...

One of her in the grass...

And one of her eating a bunny, with a drink cup for size comparison...

Old 07-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
charmer
Also...

I am only looking for local interest. I forgot to mention that. I live in Redmond, OR near Bend, OR. My zipcode is 97756. I am willing to drive a moderate distance to meet a potential owner!
Thanks!
Steph

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread