Dont deal with this joker !! Al Guetzkow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:34 AM   #1
Dembinski Reptiles
Dont deal with this joker !! Al Guetzkow

If your looking for quality Ball Pythons, a nice guy and get MORE than what you pay for. Then you WANT to give Al a try. If your looking for junk then dont deal with this joker.

I know Al, great title of the thread !! LOL !! But, it seems too many people look over good guy threads and I wanted a chance to draw people in.

I worked out a deal with Al. He drove half way to meet me. Very nice guy to talk too, got a great deal and Im always pleased to get more than I paid for. The aniamls are TOP notch !! As long as that Pastel goes back on feed soon ! LOL !

And trust me. Al's pictures STINK ! His animals are MUCH better in hand. If he has something you want, give him a try. I can recommend him and hope to do more deals with him in the future. Thanks Al !!

Old 03-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #2
NEWReptiles
Oh boy, I just seen this post and I couldn't help but notice a few holes in your story Joe.

Quote:
a nice guy
I'm sure there will be a herd of folks that disagree with this comment.

Quote:
I worked out a deal with Al. He drove half way to meet me.
I'm not so sure about this either, if I remember correctly I drove 12 miles further in the deal, but whos counting?

Quote:
Al's pictures STINK !
Just curious, are you talking about the pictures of the Pastels, or are you speaking of the "other" pics?

All kidding aside, this was the way I dream of all transactions working out.

Joe, I thank you for your business, its great when a seller gets an email where a buyer will actually follow through with what they say.

Enjoy those beautiful girls and keep in touch.

Thanks for the kind words, Al

Old 03-03-2004, 12:40 AM   #3
Mickey_TLK
Joe

Thats pretty clever, but I dont know that I would want a post on my busiess that way. However I did enjoy it, and Im glad it turned out to be a GOOD GUY POST after all. When I seen your name, and Bad guy attached, I figured I would look to see "who got Joe" so I guess it does work.

And it sounds to me like you owe some gas money, an extra 12 miles, I always knew you were lazy.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 03-03-2004, 12:43 AM   #4
herphobbyist
Al G. & Joe D.

Man!!!! Knowing both these guys personally I don't which is wearing the hip waders!!! hahahaha Kidding aside both are top notch herpers and good friends... I think, lol. Ron Radloff

Old 03-03-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
Dembinski Reptiles
"Thats pretty clever, but I dont know that I would want a post on my busiess that way. However I did enjoy it, and Im glad it turned out to be a GOOD GUY POST after all. "

Maybe your right, but I disagree. I never titled it "Bad Guy" or the like. I simply put "Watch out for this joker" and explained my comment by stating: "If your looking for junk then dont deal with this joker".

Did I throw a curve into it ? You bet. At the time of the post I was again reading all the "Bad Guy" threads. Some that just keep getting put up to the top with no real new info. I went back several pages and seen the few "Good Guy" threads. Then looked at the hits on the treads. I personally read most, if not all, of the "Good Guy" threads. But, look at the hits and you'll see that's not the norm here. Dirt is what people want to read. If I was a newbie and went to this sight, Id NEVER buy online.

Did I spice it up to draw viewers in ? You bet. Did I lie and state he was a "bad Guy" ? Not to me. A good guy "Drama" thread. God forbid ! But, hey if it back fire's on ME, so be it. As long as its not on Al or our deal. I think the people who chime in their "2 cents" to a thread NUMEROUS of times, when their not involved in the dispute, are hurting this site more than this thread. It eats up bandwith and when someone see's a update to a "Bad Guy" thread it draws them in, only to read from someone not involved adding their 2 cents. Wouldnt you agree Mickey ? Is it wrong ? No. Its America darn it. But, it is a waste of time ? To me it is if it has nothing to add to the thread.

I guess I just don't think its a good "business" to draw one's self into a thread that has no impact on me or I had no dealings with the parties invloved.

Is the BOI perfect ? No way. But, it is the best tool we have and I thank Rich for providing it. That man has to put up with more BS than I ever wish too. And Mods like Ken Harbert keep it going. They can keep those jobs !! LOL !!

"Man!!!! Knowing both these guys personally I don't which is wearing the hip waders!!! "

Ron, should I quit wearing them ? If so, let me know and Ill take back the reference I gave you this past weekend at the Ohio show that Mike Joliff asked about !! LMAO !!

I prefer to keep mine on if it gets me the quality animals Ive gotten from so many people (including you Ron).

Bottomline, I had a great deal and wanted to share with the Fauna members. If Ken or Rich feels it needs retitled, Ill do it, no problem.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:39 AM   #6
Mickey_TLK
Actually I think it was very clever Joe, and I dont think it needs re-titled if you guys dont.

Honestly all bs aside, I had to chime in my cents on a thread I had nothing to do with....LMAO....Like I said in the first one I thought maybe you did get taken, and knowing you personally, I felt I should see the story.

I am like you and perfer to see good guy threads. While I do tend to chime in from time to time o threads I have no involvment in, you may also notice I am more prone to post good guy threads, and always make a point to add to ones started by otheres that involve people I know.

I agree any newbie coming on this site may get he impression that there are more "bad guys" then "good guys" in this business, but it is human nature for people to assosiate more with the bad then the good. Sad but true.

Anyways, I did get a kick out of it.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard king Retiles

Old 03-03-2004, 04:26 AM   #7
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Thats pretty clever, but I dont know that I would want a post on my busiess that way.
TRUST ME Mickey, I will have no problem with my name at the top of one the most read good guy posts.

Joe, I take no offense to being the joker.
AFTER I read it I was on the floor laughing.

Old 03-03-2004, 05:38 AM   #8
Mickey_TLK
I agree it is funny, and hey if my posting adds to this thread to help make it one of the most seen good guy threads, then glad I could help...lol.

And I know calling someone a JOKER is not a bad thing, just the dont deal with part kinda stuck out...but as I can see, its all good.

Mickey HInkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 03-03-2004, 05:53 AM   #9
Dembinski Reptiles
Mickey,

No problem, but I was really addressing it in general. I wanted to do 2 things.

1) Give praise were it was needed. I know Al doesn't sell at the volume I and many others sell at. I was actually suprised some of his Ball Pythons didnt fly off the shelf I had bought. They are HIGH demand morphs. I just wanted it exposed for all to see. It can only help Al out when someone inquires. He seems like a nice guy. We talked on the phone for good time and though our meeting was brief, I meet him face to face. and

2) Open a few eyes up. Yes, I had a little selfish motive behind it too (sorry Al I used ya buddy). But, I wanted some viewers to see that way too much time is focused on the negative. I wanted someone to pop open a "Good Guy" thread for once. Hoping for some dirt only to find a positive thread. If they left ticked off by it, well its just someone Id rather not deal with then.

If all that isnt enough, then here's the proof, and these guys need to be noticed for they went out of their way and made a happy customer. Next in youll notice I put how many hits it got.

Joe Reagan (Good Guy).. 10 HITS !! WOW
Davey Fig (Good Guy).. 80 HITS !! The most in several days.
Eric Lago (Good Guy).. 10 HITS !! Another wopper
Southern Serpents (Good Guy).. 38 HITS !! Watch out Davey their gaining on you.
Brice Logan (Good Guy).. 18 HITS and posted back in Jan.

NOW look how many hits this thread has !!

NOW look how many hits the most recent "Bad Guy" thread has !

NOW ask you self how many "Bad Guy" Threads pop up in your head at this very moment. I bet any member will at least state up to 10 ++ names EASY. Now ask the same question about "Good Guy" threads and BE specific on details of whats in those threads (sorry its just too easy to say Ben Siegel, VPI, NERD, etc). I bet you may remember 1 or 2 on average.

I never dealt with any of the guys listed above, but its a shame, their threads arent more noticed. For all the rip off artist, everyone is glued on whats being said next. Yes, Im guilty of it too. But take a second and actually read a "Good Guy" thread. Give notice to the ones that really deserve it (at least in my book).

No wonder some of these "Bad Guys" come back stating how great their business is doing because of a bad thread. Believe it or not, it may be true. Some people may actually side with them. Any public display (no matter how bad) does some people a great benefit. Just ask Janet Jacksons boobs !! Id love to see what her record sales will be when the album's released. LOL !!

Sorry to of directed it soley at you Mickey, but the comment you made proved my case. If only one person views this and give one more "Good Guy" post a read, that they normally would of passed up, then I did what I wanted to do I guess. It was a something I had to vent. Im done now !! Back to the "Bad Guy" thread !! LOL !!

OH ! did I mention I was happy with my deal with Al ??

Old 03-03-2004, 05:58 AM   #10
Dembinski Reptiles
PS sorry for all the typos. Its been a long day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!