Updates, Lots of Pics, Dial up warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
GeckoTracks
Red face Updates, Lots of Pics, Dial up warning

Hey everyone, it’s been a little while since I’ve been in the forums. Just really didn’t have time for it. Threes been a lot going on and I thought I’d update some people for my disappearing act. BTW thanks for all the comments about my tang trempers that hatched last month.

I’m sure some of you remember me being worried about my mom around December time. Well back in mid/late Jan they found out she in fact had caner. She had breast cancer before 8 years ago; well they must have missed something from all those treatments because it came back ten folds. She has breast cancer again but its spread everywhere, a place in her arm, in her eyes, liver, lymphoid, between her brain and skull, between her lungs. Well after getting treatment for those they all started shrinking, and then we find out one large mass in her liver isn’t and she has cancer in her bones as well. I really don’t know what to think, she has stage 4 breast cancer which is said to have a 16% survival rate. My mom is virtually blind (because of the tumors that were in her eyes) so that’s why I’m usually gone to help her. I just really hope the best for my mom; it’s really hard to think of anything to say about it really.

Got myself check out, I might have asthma YAY me, its not that bad though, been told not to mess with mealworms anymore unless I use a mask, like one of those dust mask things, looks pretty funny when I’m feeding the Leos.

I bought myself a puppy for Easter, He’s just the cutest little thing, he’s a little over 3 months old. He’s a Boston terrier, and his name is Pepé short for Pepé Le Pew (that name is on his akc papers) The Red Boston in the pics is my brothers dog, Pepé wont get anywhere as big as Willy, that dog is a monster for the size the breed should be. My daughter Katelyn is in the pic too

Had a new baby hatch out today, she was in the second largest egg #4, she’s pretty big and really pretty to boot (but maybe I just think that lol jk) she’s a Rainwater PA x Blizzard cross. Did a group pic with the babies that hatched out last month.

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the pics. I hope to have some more time to be in the forum. I also browsed through the threads since I was gone, Congrats to everyone with the new beautiful hatchings they have, happy belated birthday Kelli, awesome “winking” gecko Cody, Chad I love the Bell you hatched out. And TopShelf I hope to see what monster(s) hatches out of that huge egg.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
Crestedleo
Welcome back Kim!

Sorry to hear about your mom That must be awfully tough to go through! I hope and pray the best for her. Cute puppy, lol. Nice leos too! You'll have to post some updated pics of those in a few months! I'll behoping the best for your mom and those leo eggs too!

Old 04-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
BluGnat
Beautiful pix, each and every one of them! Nice looking rainbow of babies in that container!

So sorry to hear about your mom. Best wishes for her. Cancer is so awful; been there with my mom. I'm so sorry.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
weswright
Sorry to here about your mom Kim, I send you and your family my best wishes, I can only imagine what it is like...I am deeply sorry.
On an up note I do love your hatchlings! They are beautiful! Keep them coming. Your dog is sooooo cute! I have a freind who has breed them for awhile now, and she says they fart ALOT, lol. Is it true or is she crazy?

Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
kimberly,

Nice puppy, very nice leos and very pretty little girl there!!

I am so very sorry about your mom, I have no idea what that is like to go threw and hope only the best for her treatment and hope she can get threw this.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
Herpcam
I'm so sorry

Cancer is the worst thing in the world. Breast cancer will affect 1 out of 8 women in their lifetime, which means that most all of us will deal with it at some time in our lives, either with our moms or wives, ourselves, or someone else very close to us. It's not easy, and there's nothing any of us can say to make it better. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. I've been down this road with my mom and it's nothing I wish on anyone else.

Take care Kimberly

Old 04-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
Chris@TSE
I'm sorry, cancer is a horrid thing. My mother passed nearly two years ago from cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoTracks
And TopShelf I hope to see what monster(s) hatches out of that huge egg.
Thanks for the kind mention but unfortunately I was notified at home last night that our monster egg hatched out twins that died a quarter of the way out of the egg. I've been home with an injury so I missed witnessing it personally.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #8
WiteLeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
I'm sorry, cancer is a horrid thing. My mother passed nearly two years ago from cancer.

Thanks for the kind mention but unfortunately I was notified at home last night that our monster egg hatched out twins that died a quarter of the way out of the egg. I've been home with an injury so I missed witnessing it personally.
Where they connected? I don't see how 2 babies could die if they where apart. They did so good inside the egg.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
Chris@TSE
according to the phone call i got last night they were connected sideways at the head

Old 04-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #10
progeckos
Welcome back Kim! It’s nice to see you posting again. I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. I know you were going through some tough times in December and I can only image what you’re going through now. I wish you and your mom the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoTracks
awesome “winking” gecko Cody
Thanks! I must have had too much time on my hands but I started playing with animations. It’s some fun stuff…

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!