Dan scolaro: BAD GUY please read! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
jburrut
Dan scolaro: BAD GUY please read!

hi, everyone

My name is jesse, I posted on here about a month ago about how I got burned by dan scolaro. He send me two viper boas that ended up passing away less than a week later. After going through a lot of BS with him he promised too refund my snakes at his cost which to me in any sort of business you run would be the right thing too do!

dan came onto the forum swearing up and down how himself and his animals are stand up quality!

I beg to differ, as I've tried too contact him on two occasions just too have him block my e-mails.

Heres his promise too me saying that he would refund my snakes. I have yet too hear from dan or see the two snakes that he promised me!

05-13-2008, 04:54 AM #106
Dan Scolaro

Name : Dan Scolaro

Trader Rating: (3) Jesse:

Heck, I sometimes think no one more than me knows what can become of a disappointment when it comes to mail order snakes. The first few I made several years ago were disasters and received dead/dying stuff and the sellers never answered emails and vowed to never be that way. But even so, you cannot satisfy people all the time. On that boa bit, I gave some fellow back more than he paid for a snake and it ended up to be some federal case with these board of idiots who have nothing better than to do than find something wrong with someone when they should be looking at themselves in the mirror at how ugly a person they are. I even refused to accept a coral snake at the airport and they threw it aside to die and I tracked it down and tried to save its life and the seller gave me the finger despite it was flat as a pancake when it arrived.

Well I will send you a pair of viper boas for free since you apologized. Please just give me a week or two to get them and feed them and check them out.

Dan

DAn not only sells people crappy quality animals, but is a crappy quality dealer as well.

This is my personal opinion. Anyone who has any argument on that then do business with him yourself. I 100% would not recommend it. I pretty much took $225.00 of my money and threw it away. plus putting what ever other snakes that I have in my care at risk!!

Jesse Barrett
jburrut@aol.com

Old 06-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
David Scarboro
Better Lookout!

This is just classic Dan Scolaro. He will probably be here in a little while, declaring that it is all your fault. He is going to demand an apology, swear that he never has customer issues, and claim that he is getting tons of private emails supporting him. He will promise you that his business is better than ever and this is only a hobby. Get ready to have his "buddies" in Washington take a hard look at you. This is all classic Dan. He has serious issues with illness in his animals, including IBD and lots of customer service and shipping issues. (all someones else's fault, of course) Sorry about your loss. Hopefully lots of people will read this and steer clear of this joker.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
SerpenXotics
he's also a crappy buyer no suprise. his threads say it all I have stayed silent through all this but he is obviously still harping on our coral snake transaction. I sold him a WC coral snake he did not want it and left it at the airport. enough said I could not afford to have it shipped back I had the airport send it to strictly's. I was told by several reputable dealers not to give him a refund because of the fact that "he left the animal wether it was up to his standards or not to die" in a airport terminal.Not to mention some of them actually one in particular had a terrible transaction with him just prior. I don't sell reptiles for a living anymore, it is just a hobby to breed and sell and I since have stopped buying imports period because of issues like this.I would also like to add I did offer him a refund for the purchase price of the snake because at that time it was all I had I needed the money he sent for shipping just for shipping and for the record the selling price for the snake was originally $100.00 + shipping I ended up selling it to him for $150.00 shipped and anyone who knows about delta shipping it runs $75.00 and the animals have to be shipped in a wooden crate you have to build or have built and offered a $100.00 refund. needless to say he refused the offer of full retail even though I gave him 25% off originally because he also wanted to be compansated for shipping . and continued on with his I know all kinds of FBI agents and I will come to the columbia show and take it out of your A$$ you know I am a marine and my favorite You are going to jail! for what I am not sure but it never happened he also called the BBB on me I never laughed so hard in my life when I opened the envelope called them back and explained I was not a BUISNESS I was just a simple hobbiest with a raving lunatic harassing me.they got a kick out of it as well.Don't expect dan to comprimise or meet you in the middle at all. at least he didn't for me and at that time I was just 24 I was still wet behind the ears. it's funny he called me a scammer liar fraud and most other names you could imagine and now I sit back and laugh as I watch the neverending threads of Dan scolaro The bad guy.By the way Dan I am expecting some harassing E-mails and personal messages after this I won't even read them unless I am bored so save you finger strength to write to someone who cares. My advice dont BUY,SELL,TRADE or GIVE animals to dan scolaro he would want a full retail return on something you gave him.
P.S. if you want to get some more details on our transaction do a search for my name Joe Lesh of serpenxotics. warning Dans posts are long winded and stretched out.
Have a great day all
Joe Lesh

Old 06-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
spawn
Jesse, did your event take place with Dan "a month ago" or was it that you only posted about the burning "a month ago". If it was the former, may I ask whether you missed the other 6 threads on Dan? One was nearing 260? pages.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:55 AM   #5
cody_smith
Jesse,
Why is it when I search your name on the BOI, I find a thread where you threaten someone with bodily harm? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=jesse+barrett

Cody Smith

Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #6
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_smith
Jesse,
Why is it when I search your name on the BOI, I find a thread where you threaten someone with bodily harm? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=jesse+barrett

Cody Smith
That thread is over 6 years old. Cant find anything recent?

Wonder what we would find out about you, if you signed in under your other fauna nick instead of the one you just created specifically for this post.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_smith
Jesse,

Cody Smith
Assuming that the accusation in that 6 year old thread is true, no real evidence was presented, it is made clear that Jesse Barrett was about 15 years old at the time. How many 15 year olds do you know that show good judgment 100% of the time?
Let’s get real here, he is now an adult, has 6 more years under his belt, and though still young has matured quite a bit since those accusations were made.

Let us not be deflexed from the topic of this thread by unproven accusations of bad acts committed by a child 6 years ago.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
lanceheads
Great post John!

Randal Berry

Old 07-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
The BoidSmith

Old 08-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
Dan Scolaro
Jesse received 2 healthy and feeding viper boas and the terms of purchase was live arrival. He reported they arrived alive and was quite over joyed with their appearance and health that he asked to buy more. A week later he said they died but provided not explanation as they did not have any respiratory or other symptoms. I offered him replacements for 12 dollars each and instead of accepting my generous offer beyond the terms of sale, he telephoned me at 3 AM screaming like a nut case as he was either high or drunk and refused to accept the offer.

Joe Lesh is a thief and conman who shipped me a dying coral snake and I rejected to receive the snake as it was flat as a pancake and did not move and was an hour away from death. He still owes me 200 dollars. There is a long post about his scam on this webpage.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!