Their @ it again.. buyer beware. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2004, 03:19 AM   #41
Chris@TSE
we havent had too many of those emails in quite some time, i remember last year getting about fifty or sixy of them easy, we even got a few of the rejects to send us cashiers checks and a few personal checks (which were immediately handed over to the local police)

Put them through hell guys.... string them along, and get them to send you their checks. It costs them out-of-pocket to try and scam you, and it costs you nothing to hand it over to the cops and laugh at them

Not like they are going to fly a few thousand miles to beat you up over scamming them after attempting to scam you. Theyll just move onto the next potential victim...

As always, Be carefull..

Old 09-23-2004, 09:09 AM   #42
ShannanD25
What was this one's email address?
I am starting my own little list. Eventually I'll post it on my website.

Old 09-23-2004, 09:19 AM   #43
Chris@TSE
listing the email addresses would be pointless.... they usually use free accounts like hotmail or yahoo and dump them after every attempted scam. Don't bother, your list would never end. Usually they use one email address per person they attempt to scam so the same addy isnt used more than once in most cases.

You're better off collection pictures of the checks you make them send you! That way you take them for as much money as you can!

Old 09-23-2004, 09:20 AM   #44
ShannanD25
This is true!

Old 10-01-2004, 11:57 PM   #45
jnsdragons
They Must Think people are stupid

I just got another email from them Here is what they wrote me and what I replied:

From Him:
Email of Anthony : anthony2000@graffiti.net
Message from Anthony :
GoodDay,
My name is Hamilton and am much interested in your advertise
item,i will like to know the least you can go for it,also the pics
and condition and payment will be inform of cheque.
Just to let you know,i will handle the shipping myself.
Hamilton.

Hmm Red Flag 1 it says from Anthony, but he says Hamilton.

From me:
The least we would go for it is $110.00, who do you use for shipping? For pics look at our website at www.jnsdragons.com We do not take checks sorry, we take Paypal, or Postal Money Order .

Frow Him:

Hello,
Thanks for your mail and the price is okay with my client and he made
me understand the pics will be needed.
I will like to tell you that the payment will be in a American
cashier check,and also i will like to notify you this before i send
the payment,I need a favour from you and some kind of trust, the
check that will be send to you, it had more than the price of your
item, which i was expecting because i give my own estimated qoute,and
also i have to pay custom fee, tax,and clearing fee, and the
shippment fee was all include on check.
I plan to send you the check if you agree to return the remaining
balance after clearing it. So i can make all the payment and take my
service charge.

You can wire the balance back through WERSTERNUNION so that I can
make all the payment I mentioned above. You will only wire to me only
after the check have clears or cash it ..I need to hear from you very
soon and i will know what to do next,also to have your full name and
address that the check will be issued to.
Thanks.

And the Last response I wrote to him:

Yeah that sounds good you can send me your check and I will be MORE than HAPPY to turn it into the authorities for you also. Does that deal sound good to you? You have tried to outsmart me once before, don't you remember that? Well ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, I am WAY SMARTER THAN YOU. I would love to hear back from you lol, which wont happen cause you are a coward

Old 10-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #46
SERPENTS DEN
Talking I played them

I have been bouncing e-mails back and forth with one of these characters but agreed to accept a Cashiers Check in the amount of $3800.00 for a $400.00 Bredl's Python and I'm suppose to Western Union whomever the balance....yup
I think my next step is to say I haven't recieved the payment yet and jerk around with this bozo.

As far as the quality of the Cashiers Check, well it looks pretty good if you didn't know any better. The paper used to print the checks is not security paper and the printing is also a little off.
The Check is written from a bank or organization called Green Shield Canada and the check was mailed from the Nederland's.

Old 10-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #47
Chris@TSE
um.........

thats a classic nigerian scam.... take the check to the police immediatley.

Old 10-02-2004, 06:48 PM   #48
SERPENTS DEN
A customer that comes into my store told me he was contacted by someone regarding the Nigerian scam but was unaware it was a scam. It was very similar to this e-mail I recieved in reply to a KS ad I had placed and this is the first time I got it off KS.

CONFIDENTIAL PLEASE.

Dearest One.

I am Mrs.Rita.W. Kabila, from Democratic Republic of
Congo.
There is an information I would like you to keep very confidential, There is sum amount of money my Husband
Late President Laurent Kabila, deposited in a security
company Abidjan Cote d'ivoire for safe keeping Before
he was killed by his Eldest Millitary Son.
The squable happened as immediately we returned back
from our London trip. My husband married us three, I am
the second wife, I will not be able to give you the
full details that led to that urgly incidents.
The Eldest Son is the current President of our country
now.
For now I am staying in Abijdan, the capital of
Republic of Cote d'voire,just to save my life,with my
three children. The money in question, is 22, Million U.S.Dollars. I can not make the withdrawal of this fund, because my husband registered the Beneficiary of the fund as his (Foriegn Bussiness Patner) and also (Family valuables as the content of the deposit) The documents of the deposit are with me. What I would want you to do, is to assits me to get the consignment withdrawn from the security company, and open a small account in a Bank here in your name, and transfer the money to your country, through the account . We shall replace the name Foriegn Patner to your own name, because the code was used for security reason. I will give you the 10% of the money for your assitance. There is no risk in this transaction. I will use the remain balance of the money for an investiment in your country for the future of my children. If you are intrested,and can maintain the very confidential of this transaction,you e-mail me immediately for more clearification, and also note that I am a refugees in Abidjan, Cote d' lvoire becuase of the assasnation of my late husband, and the civil war going on in our country, Democratic Republic of Congo.
I can speak little english, but my son speaks good
english, well his name is David and our direct
telephone number is:+225 07 93 73 86. you can call for
more information.

Thank's and God bless you.

Mrs.Rita.w.Kabila.

NB: Please do reply me through my private email address at rita_kab20031@yahoo.it thank you.

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=257289&cat=7

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user. This person may or may not be who they say they are. The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 02:45 PM, Sep 29th, 2004 from I.P. Address 213.136.104.194

I told the guy it was a known scam but he had it in his head he was about to become a millionaire….lmao
He proceeded and went ahead and gave up personal information about himself. Next thing the scammers called him on the phone and talked about the transaction etc. From there they mailed him a huge Cashiers Check that even his own bank said appeared to be legit! After that he proceeded and purchased round trip Airline tickets to Amsterdam then after about a week he was notified the check didn't clear. I don’t think he was able to get his money back for the tickets to Amsterdam so he was out that money. .
The next event that took place was they tried withdrawing money from his parents bank account because his name was listed on the account. Now if the funds were available they tried to withdraw he could have kissed that money away!

I informed the FBI by forwarding an e-mail similar to the one pasted above and the FBI replied saying unfortunately many people have lost there whole life savings from this sort of scam and not much can really be done about it.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:24 PM   #49
jnsdragons
I get Those too

Hello, I get those atleast 15 times a day. They now get deleted before they even hit my mail box. I feel bad for who ever falls for that. If I do not know the person, I will not even read it.

WWW.JnSDragons.com

Shannon Davis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!