High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 47 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #461
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Well Cathy, if HEH were incorporated, then it would be a separate entity than the owner. Thus, it would be listed as a separate income, taxes and credit line.

It would need to be a licensed business though, but it seems it does not exist as one.

However, I think it's been established that they are not Incorporated. But, if they choose to use the argument that they are actually an S corp or LLC then this "income" would be passed back through on their K1's. Those K1's would show up as individual income and therefore be reflected in the household income column, which it is not. I think both bases are covered pretty easily.

Griz

Old 01-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #462
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
I have not participated in this thread, primarily because I have never had any involvement with High End Herps, and therefore have nothing of any consequence to add to this discussion. The coincidental and circumstantial evidence that has been presented is very compelling, and I'm certain that I would never pursue any dealings with them.

However, I personally feel that the recent trend here on the BOI to post personal information is wrong. While these postings may (or may not) be breaking any laws, I feel that in most cases, they cross the line of prudent behavior and should not be continued. Just because someone has access to this type of information, does not mean that they should take it upon themself to post it in a public forum.
Mike, I will assume that your post is more directed towards the information I posted. I agree with you to a certain extent. When said information can further establish that the individual in question is not who they say they are and that they ARE, in fact, a well known scammer, liar etc etc, then I feel the information is pertinent. This information is fair game under the Freedom of Information Act, and is used, by me anyways, very carefully and only when needed. Such is the case here.

I have had access to this type of information for quite sometime and can find out pretty much anything on anyone through the database. But, only felt compelled to supply the information in this one specific case. It's like holding back the Jack of Hearts in Euchre, play it when you need it otherwise hold on.

Griz

Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #463
Mike Greathouse
Bob,
No, it was not directed specifically at you, although, in this case, it does apply. I agree that these Individuals appear to be hiding, for whatever reason.
However, I feel that more then enough evidence has been presented to allow any future customers to weigh their options when considering a purchase from HEH. Continuing to dig and post this type of information no longer seems necessary to me. I'm sure that many will disagree with my take on this, but so be it. I simply feel that this "new trend" is not in the best interest of the BOI.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #464
Griz
Understood Mike. Keep in mind that I have received PM's from an individual who still feels as though the case has not been proven and that he would still do business with David. And this is typically a very rationally thinking individual too! If I can find one person thinking this way then I am sure there are others.

Griz

Old 01-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #465
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Give me a brief second and I will run the business, both as HEH and sole proprietorship through the system......

Griz
yes please find it. Someone said I may have missed it on purpose. it would help if someone else looked for it too. remember he can file in any of the fifty states. So you have fifty states to look into.

years in Home = 2

That would be between summer 2004 and April / May 2005. The exact time frame that Damon was laying low.

That would be between the time, when he "sold" his entire dcollection. and when he was seen passing through arizona with his entire collection.

So I was right. Damon could have done the transaction with tenor Goddess posing as David from another state. While that information may have been private...... it definately helped the arguement I was making.

As far as information being too private. it is a grey area I think. While it is perfect when used in this case........it may actually hurt a REAL inocent person in the future. Just gotta be real careful. Half of me agrees with Mike. But half disagrees. specially the half that knows people will still say "I did not get scammed. therefore he is a good guy." What these people don't know.......I have personally done good deals with KNOWN scammers.

Then again, for a guy with SEVERAL facilities.....that sure does put some light on the subject. He is either lying...... or he is not filing the correct amounts on his taxes.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #466
Griz
Ritchie, post 459. My database can run a simultaneous search of all 50 states. Nothing came up.

Griz

Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #467
tejasranger
Anybody know these folks

This picture used to be either on HEH website or on a KS link. The description was of these people visiting HEH and holding one of their snakes. I wish I could remember their names as they would surely be able to identify David and Tawni. In no way should they be linked to anything dishonest, I just remember I had pulled this pick when I was considering buying a Labyrinth Burm.

Attached Images

Old 01-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #468
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasranger
This picture used to be either on HEH website or on a KS link. The description was of these people visiting HEH and holding one of their snakes. I wish I could remember their names as they would surely be able to identify David and Tawni. In no way should they be linked to anything dishonest, I just remember I had pulled this pick when I was considering buying a Labyrinth Burm.

That is supposively someone named Derek and they go by the screen name "Dollarthegreat". Personally the person posting as dollarthegreat always seemed a little to Damon like to me, but I have no way of really proving it. Just something I've always wondered about. If you look in Dollars gallary on kingsnake several of the pics appear to be ones "David" took, and when Dollar came on a while ago he was claiming to have a super tiger 100% het for albino. Prehistoric at the time was the only known ones to have produced them. I've talked to them about it and they thougth him having one sounded fishy too. Derek use to have his snakes listed below on every post and they had goofy names similar to what Damon gives his snakes. Dollar doesn't have them listed anymore though. On top of that several of the snakes he has came from "David", including an albino tiger, and he is very pro HEH on the kingsnake forums.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #469
Tenor Goddess
a valid question

Greetings again all!

I just wanted to post a question of curiosity. Given how this thread is going and that there is a lot of stuff being presented, I would personally like to know what it is that Damon did to these past victims? If David is in fact Damon in disguise (I personally don't think so having gotten to know him via our many conversations since 2004, however, just "what if")then whatever Damon scammed these past victims out of (be it snakes, money, etc), David would owe them the same now.

I'm just asking about the quote that has been tossed in there numerous times but has yet to be answered “Damon has scammed hundreds of people.” It seems the answer to this has often been skipped over (if it is there, please direct me to the page it's on...I'm trying to keep up with all this so please do let me know if I've missed it).
Having done business with him myself as well as countless others who have considered doing business with them or are in the process of making payments, I feel it is a very valid question that we NEED to know if in fact this is the same guy.

Below is an email I received recently from David as well (not sure if it's relevant but it is about this thread so I thought I'd post it anyway):

Hi Amanda,

I hope this email finds you happy and well.

I wanted to touch on the fauna issue real quick if you
don’t mind. I am emailing and telling all of our repeat
customers that have animals on payment plans, if any of
that fauna stuff makes you feel even slightly uncomfortable
with us in any way, we will send you your remaining snakes
immediately and you can pay us the balance in your own
time. All we need to do is get the shipping expenses from
you and just say the word and these guys are on their way
to you.

Sorry for any inconvenience that may have come your way
with all that silliness. If I were you I wouldn’t even
bother posting in that thread. Those people had their minds
made up from the get-go and there’s no reasoning with them.
Also, they only demean and insult anyone with a contrary
view to their view so why even bother? I have asked all our
customers to refrain from getting involved in that fiasco.
It isn't’t worth it. We’ll be fine irregardless of what goes
on there. Don’t worry about us.

Take care,

David

P.S. Congrats on your dumeril boas breeding! Way to go!

Hugs!

Amanda

Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #470
Wilomn
So, what, all 3 of his customers are not going to be posting here?

Be serious.

There may well be numbers tossed around but how about the doctored pics? Would that not be scamming hundreds, neigh thousands of potential customers?

Also, third party emails are not allowed on the BOI. You cannot do that and should be penalized for doing so.

If he's too COWARDLY to come here himself, his stepandfetchit isn't going to be any help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart