Outdoor Inara pics. Mandarin Ratsnake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Charis
Outdoor Inara pics. Mandarin Ratsnake

This time I got my husband to take the pictures while I held Inara and he actually got some good ones, despite her not wanting to cooperate. I have the hardest time getting good pictures of the Mandarins!

Continued ...

Old 05-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
Charis

Old 05-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
rigomez4
Mandarin Ratsnakes are one of my favorite snakes out there. Love the way they look.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
big b
Nice pictures, so beautiful. I want one, but keep hearing mixed reviews on temperament and care. Any thoughts?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #5
Charis
Both of ours have good temperaments. Bit more high strung than, say a corn snake but not bad. We keep ours similar to the corns with a humid hide. They seem to be doing great setup that way. I've also seen care advised that way or more like the Oreocryptophis porphyraceus species. My personal guess is, if you check out the natural range of this species, it is huge! Some areas never get above 80 degrees. But other areas routinely get and stay in the 90s for long periods. They were apparently difficult to get acclimated to captivity and the care methods that was successful for keepers might have depended a lot on which area the WC imports had come from. Once the keepers found what worked with theirs, they told everyone that's how they should be kept. That's my thought on why there are two such dissimilar theories on how to care for these guys anyway. I'm not sure how accurate it is.
I'd suggest asking whoever you consider getting one from how they keep theirs and do what the snake is used to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!