Albino Monocled Cobra [VENOMOID] - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 01:21 AM   #21
Amos
Pretty Much....

There are two types of surgery done on these animals.One is a total gland removal and partial duct removal called a adenectomy .The other is a just a partial duct removal called a ductectomy.Either way these animals need to be treated
as fully intact animals. These snakes typically find there way in the hands of people who have never even kept hots.Most often they are free handled like a corn snake.When that happens your just asking for trouble.Im sure some where someone has been bitten and envenomated by a hot they thought had been "fixed" Where in Kansas are you from?I live near Wichita.Hope I answered your ???'s

Old 10-22-2004, 11:44 PM   #22
SPJ
Snakes with a ductectomy have a higher chance for regeneration of the ducts and being able to deliver a bite that envenomates.
Ones with a adenectomy have a smaller chance of regeneration BUT in either case it all depends upon who did the surgery. Did they do a complete job? Did they remove tissue they thought was the galnd when in fact it wasn't? Did they just cut and cauterize the ducts? Or worst case, are they going to send a hot and charge the inflated price a venemoid brings with no regards to the welfare of the buyer?
You are literally taking a chance with your life when it comes to venemoids. Do you personally know the individual who is selling the snake, or the one who did the surgery, or are you getting documentation to prove the procedure was correctly done on that particular animal?
Too many risks involved with these butchered snakes.

Old 10-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #23
RedWolf_Reptiles
thanks for the info,

you live near witchita? i live in Olathe myself.

out of curiosity what herps are you currently selling cause im looking for something interesting now. (aswell as scouting potential additions for my naturalist class)

Old 10-23-2004, 03:09 AM   #24
Amos
Not much now...

I do have 4 cb 04 Baby Massasaugas all eating great!I will hopefully have some Albino Atrox here in about 5 months...Trey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread